Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taking a look at Mack Brown as AD

Started by Piggfoot, November 12, 2017, 09:05:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Mack is 66 and had the AD job at Tulane. He's personable and would be better than Long for 5 years. The AD job should be less stressful than Head Coach at Texas.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

NuttinItUp

Oh geez...

The inmates have taken over the asylum.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 12, 2017, 09:05:30 pm
Mack is 66 and had the AD job at Tulane. He's personable and would be better than Long for 5 years. The AD job should be less stressful than Head Coach at Texas.

Sounds like a pretty good idea.  I'd always be wondering where his loyalties lie though. 

Piggfoot

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

IronMountainHog

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 12, 2017, 09:10:20 pm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Brown

So you were being sarcastic in the OP? That Wiki page link basically takes a dump on the idea of Mack being our AD. 

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 09:06:48 pm
Oh geez...

You can't say that anymore ;)

Dr. Leonard Ford

This is the worst idea I have ever heard.  This is not an insult but you must be very young.  No grown man who is a Razorback fan would allow a Texass Longhorn to be AD at Arkansas.  Not to mention Mack Brown was not a very good football coach.  Sure he won a National Championship but he had Vince Young as quarterback.  With all the recruiting classes Texas had that were VERY highly ranked I cannot understand how Mack Brown teams did not win multiple Naties.  His reporting for ESPN or whatever he does, sucks.  He comes off as arrogant and condescending.  Did you see the time his son was on the sidelines (water boy I think) and grabbed a ball off the field of play before the play was over? It was a penalty on Texass!!  Poor kid.  Based on the evidence I have presented Mack Brown should not be AD at AR. 

Rocket23

Former coaches being ADs are a thing of the past, especially at major programs.  It is big-time business now, and not just gladhanding and fundraising.  Would you want a coach in charge of a 200 million dollar company?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 12, 2017, 09:28:40 pm
Would you want a coach in charge of a 200 million dollar company?

Only if it were John L. Smith.......that dude has pizzaz!!!

HogPharmer

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 09:32:30 pm
Only if it were John L. Smith.......that dude has pizzaz!!!

And warm micturation
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

NuttinItUp

Pork Twain

I would rather have Tommy Tubberville.  Plus that would get some of these yahoos that GOBN that they loved to complain so much about but now seem to really miss.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Piggfoot

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 12, 2017, 09:20:29 pm
So you were being sarcastic in the OP? That Wiki page link basically takes a dump on the idea of Mack being our AD.
how so? And Mack Brown is no more a Texan than Bielema or Long are Arkansans. I can't identify a candidate from Arkansas. Frank Broyles came from Georgia and Missouri. I lived in Texas eight years but was still an Arkansas fan even though I didn't attend college there.

Seebs

Piggfoot, Bless your heart son, but I am glad I am not on your Christmas gift list. You have yet to have a good idea. I'm sure you are a very nice person, but ignore the voices telling you to post your thoughts.

Our next AD is already an AD.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

colbs

jkstock04

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 12, 2017, 09:05:30 pm
Love this idea.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

husker71

sh-t, you might as well go get the guy they fired at Nebraska who made 2 HC football hires.  1st he hired Al Golden to coach Miami and that was a disaster.  Then he hired Mike Riley to coach Nebraska   another terrible hire.  A bad AD is much much worse that a bad HC IMHO.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 12, 2017, 10:14:20 pm
how so? And Mack Brown is no more a Texan than Bielema or Long are Arkansans. I can't identify a candidate from Arkansas. Frank Broyles came from Georgia and Missouri. I lived in Texas eight years but was still an Arkansas fan even though I didn't attend college there.

Click on the Wikipedia link you provided to me and look at the picture on his page.  Does that look like someone that should be in charge of Razorbacks athletics?  He'd probably try to sell our stadium for $1 to UT. 

goodguytex

Horn fans don't even want brown as their AD. Why should we? As far as I know, Long isn't going anywhere. He just needs to make the right decisions with out football program. I hope he will.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: goodguytex on November 12, 2017, 11:26:29 pm
Horn fans don't even want brown as their AD. Why should we?

I agree on this particular point, but I sincerely wish people would quit saying "Texas fans don't want XXX, so we shouldn't either".

We should be BETTER than the short-horns, not playing catch up. Quit using Texass as a measuring stick for coaches, ADs, etc...

alohawg

Thanks, I gotta take another shower just for reading that.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

East Clintwood

Horn fans don't even want brown as their AD. Why should we? As far as I know, Long isn't going anywhere. He just needs to make the right decisions with out football program. I hope he will.

Which he has never done before for either Arkansas or Pitt before us.

Why would you expect him to start now?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

goodguytex

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 11:29:33 pm
I agree on this particular point, but I sincerely wish people would quit saying "Texas fans don't want XXX, so we shouldn't either".

We should be BETTER than the short-horns, not playing catch up. Quit using Texass as a measuring stick for coaches, ADs, etc...
Not using them as a measuring stick, but as a bottom rung of the ladder kind of thing. If their crappy butts don't want him as AD, we shouldn't stoop that low and get him either. We should be better than to pick a Longhorn as our AD.

goodguytex

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 13, 2017, 06:47:26 am
Which he has never done before for either Arkansas or Pitt before us.

Why would you expect him to start now?
Well hope springs eternal maybe?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: colbs on November 12, 2017, 10:46:55 pm
But he's not from Arkansas....

It doesn't matter if he were from Wabbaseka, anyone who coaches at Texass (spit) ::hornsdown:: is automatically disqualified...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Tommy Tubberville my pic for AD!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Seebs on November 12, 2017, 10:43:46 pm
Piggfoot, Bless your heart son, but I am glad I am not on your Christmas gift list. You have yet to have a good idea. I'm sure you are a very nice person, but ignore the voices telling you to post your thoughts.

Our next AD is already an AD.
Well first of all I'm not your son and I'm probably older than you and probably more educated but thank you for your kind but sarcastic words. I can assure you I have no voices in my head but I admit to thinking outside the box and not parroting the thoughts of others.
I lived in Texas eight years and during that time I lost every bet I made on the Hogs against Texas. While there I came to believe that Texas is a much more progressive state. I still believe that. Texas is a can do state, Arkansas always seems to hang back too often and say we can't do.
I do not understand the animosity many Arkansans have for Texas. We quit playing them on a regular basis 25 years ago. Since that time  we have beaten the Longhorns more times than not. We ran from being a competitor yearly against Texas to an afterthought in the SEC. The bad calls we claimed we had against Texas followed us to the SEC.
We adore Jerry Jones who moved to Texas. We covet Texas students giving them out of state tuition free. Our Team would be much better if we went back to recruiting Texas harder. Like it or not the Uof A needs Texas.

hotdog hog

Rick Neuhesel said this morning on ESPNU that if he was AD for the day, he would hire Mack Brown to coach the Vols. Said he was the best recruiter in the country, would put together a great staff to coach, and was from TN. He didn't think anyone in the country would turn it around faster.

BearsBisonsBoars

Interview questions:

"Are you now, or have you ever been associated with the University of Texas?"

Razorbackers

What has happened to you people. Good. God.

Ironhawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 09:06:48 pm
Oh geez...

I don't know about taking over the asylum, but this one darn sure got the key to the liquor cabinet!

pigroots

Hire the guy from a state. He knows how to pick Fb coaches OR find someone who is a fighter and a winner....Someone who loves that helmet

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Athog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 12, 2017, 10:14:20 pm

What in the he** are you trying to say?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!