Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More disturbing facts

Started by Captain Morgan, November 13, 2017, 02:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

majp51

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 12:09:08 pm
There is no logic, there is just " I want to root for a top 25 teams so the Hogs should be top 25 " thats the depth of the thought on that.

To be fair I think a lot of people , not necessarily the poster in this chain, want teh razorbacks to be relevant again. For better or worse they think relevance solely with top 25. The truth is you don't have to finish in the top 25 consistently to be relevant. Now I free admit that as you become constantly relevant you spend more time in the top 25, but again in 2015 MSU finished unranked but 9-4 with a bowl win. I think with proper coaching, and even the same recruiting rankings that Arkansas can be relevant, and once in a while truly great.

You know what I find humorous, albeit in a back humor sort of way?

The people who said we would set the program back 10 years if we fired HDN were optimistic. Despite a very brief zenith under CBP Arkansas would have set there program back to the early 90's.

hogsanity

Quote from: majp51 on November 14, 2017, 12:30:54 pm
To be fair I think a lot of people , not necessarily the poster in this chain, want teh razorbacks to be relevant again. For better or worse they think relevance solely with top 25. The truth is you don't have to finish in the top 25 consistently to be relevant. Now I free admit that as you become constantly relevant you spend more time in the top 25, but again in 2015 MSU finished unranked but 9-4 with a bowl win. I think with proper coaching, and even the same recruiting rankings that Arkansas can be relevant, and once in a while truly great.

You know what I find humorous, albeit in a back humor sort of way?

The people who said we would set the program back 10 years if we fired HDN were optimistic. Despite a very brief zenith under CBP Arkansas would have set there program back to the early 90's.

On the field, record wise, they had exactly what they say they want ( 7 or 8 wins with an occasional better season and a run at the secw now and then ) with HDN.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Captain Morgan

Unacceptable production from Bielema