Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt on Arkansas Football

Started by WilsonHog, November 14, 2017, 06:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batesville Hogfan

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 14, 2017, 08:39:20 pm
My biggest takeaway from what HN said on Bo's show was that good coaches change game plans according to their players talent and skill set, as well as that of your opponents. I assume he was referring to CBB. He said lining up in the SEC playing smash mouth, tight sets football means you better have really, really good lineman, a Darren McFadden, and you can't afford too many penalties and mistakes. He referred to it as playing in a phone booth. So basically if you don't have that kind of talent, change your style of play.
Plus you might also want to play a little bit of defense!!!

Silver Hog

Don't forget Danny Nutt in the booth when he should not have been!

10thPlanet

Well ole Nutt is right about the 6'6" guys, you have to be a lot more athletic to play basketball than football. 6'4" and above usually don't have as good agility compared to a 6'0" guy.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 14, 2017, 06:47:21 pm
Just a couple of comments, courtesy of Bo Mattingly.

Nutt on the lack of SEC talent in the state of Arkansas: "There are a lot of 6-foot-6 guys who aren't going to be in the NBA, and you need to get them out on the football field."

Nutt on if Arkansas can have success in the SEC again: "It's a hard, hard job. But it can be done. ... Stay unified. Get with those high school coaches. Do not let the good players leave the state."
Build that fence, baby. Nat'l championship under construction. Woo pig!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

10thPlanet

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 08:31:02 am
How many of the same folks that hate him on Hogville would meet him immediately on the 1st tee if given the opportunity?
I would. It always amazing to me to see how some people have so much luck, and if they really believe their on BS.