Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs ranked 13th and ahead of Kentucky. Is this website legit?

Started by FineAsSwine, November 13, 2017, 12:45:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

Interesting.  I see that they also project us to be a 3 seed in the tournament and that we jumped the most in likelihood to get a bid in March based on the first two games (+40.2% to 83.9%).

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Fan701 on November 13, 2017, 12:58:12 pm
Interesting.  I see that they also project us to be a 3 seed in the tournament and that we jumped the most in likelihood to get a bid in March based on the first two games (+40.2% to 83.9%).

They project our record in the regular season to be 23-8. That looks pretty reasonable to me, at this point. Against this schedule, that could get us a 3 or 4 seed.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

You never know... 23 wins and we have been left out in the past.

JayHog

Yeah, but the SEC is back to being respected as a basketball league. As a result, the SEC will get a bunch of teams into the tournament this year.
In addition, our out of conference schedule is the toughest it's been in many years. That's another thing the committee looks favorably on in March.  So having 8 or 9 losses with a tough out of conference schedule looks better than a team with 5 or 6 losses that hasn't played anyone.

rwspear

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 13, 2017, 11:53:22 pm
are you kidding me..23 wins and we are a 5 seed easy
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 13, 2017, 11:53:22 pm
When have we been left out of the NCAA tournament with 23 wins? Help me out cause I couldn't find it...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 13, 2017, 02:02:58 pm
They project our record in the regular season to be 23-8. That looks pretty reasonable to me, at this point. Against this schedule, that could get us a 3 or 4 seed.
tell ya what...any amount on you take the Hogs under 23 and I take the Hogs over 23 and let's get Pay Pal working
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Atlhogfan1

Posted links to this site many times.  Great for accessing stats and spotting trends.  It's for gamblers (not that I've done it in years).  Doubt their early season ranking is too much to pay attention to although I do agree we should be getting more respect than some of the other rankings are giving. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Fayettechill14

The website is legit. I use it all the time for stats, but this early in the season, their predictor formula isn't worth much. Sample size is far too small. In the last couple weeks before the tournament it becomes pretty handy.

That said, it's good to see that an unbiased formula likes this start to the season and thinks highly of the teams the Hogs have beaten.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 14, 2017, 11:38:35 pm
The website is legit. I use it all the time for stats, but this early in the season, their predictor formula isn't worth much. Sample size is far too small. In the last couple weeks before the tournament it becomes pretty handy.

That said, it's good to see that an unbiased formula likes this start to the season and thinks highly of the teams the Hogs have beaten.

Formulas have bias. They aren't organic beings that materialize from an ethereal dimension.

They are created by humans. All humans have biases, even mathematicians.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang