Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtimes

Quote from: rljjr on November 13, 2017, 01:56:24 pm
I would be ok with Gus IF he can get Auburn to the playoffs and then ceremoniously dump the WarTigers and bring some AU 4 and 5 star Croots with him. That would make me happy.

That is considered very unethical.  To recruit players at their new school that they recruited for their previous school.   I know Bielema did it and that was when I started losing  respect for him.

colbs

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 14, 2017, 10:56:25 am
That is considered very unethical.  To recruit players at their new school that they recruited for their previous school.   I know Bielema did it and that was when I started losing  respect for him.
I disagree.  Maybe If they are committed to the previous school.

onebadrubi

Guys that say things like this make me laugh.  With all of the OBVIOUS things to ding Bielema for, you have to make one up so you look like you knew all along.  There were many players Bielema did not go after.  He went after one in particular because that player called Bielema and as we saw, had a very close and tight relationship with Bielema, that was Collins.  He left all committed players alone and even did not recruit others that were looking at Wisconsin. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 13, 2017, 12:57:43 pm
JL and BB gone:  Good
Buyout at 12 mil:  Dang it
Gus as real possibility:  Double dang it
I can live with Gus.....I used to not say that...however since he has beaten our ass twice by about as much as he wanted, I'd say hire the guy. We would notice an IMMEDIATE uptick in the level of recruiting. No doubt about it.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

you have to be thinking in a cloud...how many of the state of Arkansas' top players has AU recruited over the years ?  Hell no, nice guys finish last and the one thing Bret Bielema is, is a nice guy. Tired of nice guys. Ready for some guy to come in to a presser and kick a reporter out for wearing a Florida Gator cap and when asked how his team beat LSU, this guy replied, "well, we didn't come down here to paint". That's the kind of coach I want.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Grant is reading some of these replies on air right now. Very good sport
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tusks

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 14, 2017, 12:10:15 pm
Grant is reading some of these replies on air right now. Very good sport

He used a couple of mine.  I'll never wash my keyboard again.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

Vernon just said new rumor is Jeff Long might not be AD tomorrow
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Next1_04

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 14, 2017, 12:19:09 pm

I might win the lotto tomorrow too. Odds are about the same.

Tusks

It's funny, I think when the new AD is announced some will be on here claiming that the new AD is only a place holder for JL until he decides to come back.

JL is GONE.

Mr. Porkleone

This show is had to listen to. Vernon constantly talks over Grant and they babble forever till a caller calls. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: tusked on November 14, 2017, 12:24:46 pm
It's funny, I think when the new AD is announced some will be on here claiming that the new AD is only a place holder for JL until he decides to come back.

JL is GONE.
If he is really gone.(and i hope he is)all i can say  is THANK GOD.his decision making destroyed Arkansas Football.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 14, 2017, 12:19:09 pm

How early is this announcement coming?  I am trying to decide if I need to call in hung over, no make that still drunk sick tomorrow or Thursday.

phadedhawg

I think a lot of grown men are getting excited telling each other fairy tales about what they hope comes true.  Hope is a seductive mistress...it all makes perfect sense when it's what you want to hear. 

Logic suggests Bielema will be replaced but even that hasn't been confirmed.  Of course you might as well spend your day predicting and wishcasting because something has to fill the time while waiting for the inevitable

BigK_HogHeaven

I'm hearing that JL is taking a job with the NCAA.  May not be until after the season, though.  I've heard January time frame

snoblind

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 14, 2017, 08:21:31 am
Yeah I get distracted and post a lot of nonsense

She is probably 50+ now and has to use a wheel chair to get around because of back pain.

ricepig

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 12:39:07 pm
I'm hearing that JL is taking a job with the NCAA.  May not be until after the season, though.  I've heard January time frame

That's correct, I read it on HV.

claycohog

I think it is hilarious that Long was made to sit out amongst the media for hours while mulling over his potential termination.  This has been played to perfection.

hogsanity

Quote from: claycohog on November 14, 2017, 12:42:59 pm
I think it is hilarious that Long was made to sit out amongst the media for hours while mulling over his potential termination.  This has been played to perfection.

IF what is being said here is true ( and I mean what here ever turns out wrong ) and he is taking a job with the NCAA, then I'd say you are right, LONG PLAYED IT PERFECTLY. He has made a mil or so a year, got to be head of the playoff committee, and now gets to go work for the most inept organization on the planet not associated with a government.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

woodrow hog call

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 12:41:16 pm
That's correct, I read it on HV.

Waiting on Guv to confirm it, by citing Kennyforad as his source, before I get my hopes up.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 12:50:47 pm
IF what is being said here is true ( and I mean what here ever turns out wrong ) and he is taking a job with the NCAA, then I'd say you are right, LONG PLAYED IT PERFECTLY. He has made a mil or so a year, got to be head of the playoff committee, and now gets to go work for the most inept organization on the planet not associated with a government.

If he is anything less than the president of the NCAA it will be quite the step down for Jeffry Augustus.  It will also be something that he did not contemplate until he was told to hit the bricks here.

rhames

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 14, 2017, 12:38:40 pm
I think a lot of grown men are getting excited telling each other fairy tales about what they hope comes true.  Hope is a seductive mistress...it all makes perfect sense when it's what you want to hear. 

Logic suggests Bielema will be replaced but even that hasn't been confirmed.  Of course you might as well spend your day predicting and wishcasting because something has to fill the time while waiting for the inevitable

Wise post
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dominicanhog

Sounds about right.. he was always a step ahead.. " Here, hold this bag of flaming chit, I'm leaving"... we can always spin it as, we ran him off..

Tusks

as long as we have followers to critique and comment.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 14, 2017, 12:57:03 pm
Sounds about right.. he was always a step ahead.. " Here, hold this bag of flaming chit, I'm leaving"... we can always spin it as, we ran him off..

Just like HDN. I predicted in Aug of 2007 that would be his last season because all his bell cows were leaving. Do you actually think he got fired then magically old misses offered him their job? Heck no, that whole thing was planned early in the 2007 season. Sexton had that all lined up by mid october most likely. But of course Hog fans want to act like they got him fired.

People may not like Long, or HDN or a lot of people in college and pro sports, but those people are not stupid, and they know how to look out for #1.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorHawg16

So the new rumor is Jeff Long is out of here tomorrow? If this is a new rumor every day it will eventually be right I suppose.

island hog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on November 14, 2017, 12:52:05 pm

Waiting on Guv to confirm it, by citing Kennyforad as his source, before I get my hopes up.
KennyforAD can't talk right now, he's in the the closet in Long's office rubbing his sweaty hands together, watching Long through the cracked door.  He can't wait to get home and stick more pins in his Long doll...

snoblind

Quote from: island hog on November 14, 2017, 01:07:33 pm
  KennyforAD can't talk right now, he's in the the closet in Long's office rubbing his sweaty hands together, watching Long through the cracked door.  He can't wait to get home and stick more pins in his Long doll...

He's been gone for a few days.  Either we ticked him off or he was a vacation to calm down

Letsroll1200

Jeff Long just need to get on the phone with Jimmy Sexton and bring Gus back.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 01:01:29 pm
Just like HDN. I predicted in Aug of 2007 that would be his last season because all his bell cows were leaving. Do you actually think he got fired then magically old misses offered him their job? Heck no, that whole thing was planned early in the 2007 season. Sexton had that all lined up by mid october most likely. But of course Hog fans want to act like they got him fired.

People may not like Long, or HDN or a lot of people in college and pro sports, but those people are not stupid, and they know how to look out for #1.
Nutt was not fired. If they fired him they would have had to explain why. They wanted him to leave on his own. They had it set up but he went out and beat the No. 1 team in the country. He came back to Fayetteville telling all of them that he was staying. They were nervous. Diana Nutt took care of that. She said they were going to Oxford and that was that.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 14, 2017, 01:20:50 pm
Nutt was not fired. If they fired him they would have had to explain why. They wanted him to leave on his own. They had it set up but he went out and beat the No. 1 team in the country. He came back to Fayetteville telling all of them that he was staying. They were nervous. Diana Nutt took care of that. She said they were going to Oxford and that was that.

That's good stuff Mike but, you may have just put Jen in some danger, with some of these guys you never know.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

smb

Yea and he made a name for himself thanks to his wife. Dilly! Dilly!
GeorgiaHOG

bphi11ips

Whether he was asked to leave or was fired is immaterial.  He was asked to leave because the fans wanted him gone. He embarrassed the university.  Had he not left he would have been fired, most likely in 2007 but at the latest 2008 when he would have been lucky to win as many as Petrino won.

To say the fans were not the reason is just typical hogsanity nonsense. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

cosmodrum

Just make Ronnie Floyd AD and hire Gus.
Go away, batin'

Mellon Collie

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 14, 2017, 01:32:02 pm
Just make Ronnie Floyd AD and hire Gus.

If God is with us, who can be against us?

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 14, 2017, 09:03:53 am
Mike, this is only confirms for me that Long must go.  But, enough have written he's gone now so I'll stop worry about him continuing to mess up Arkansas ...

Jim Grobe was a hot name at the time. The equivalent of hiring a Norvell or Morris, but with a better record. Took WAKE FOREST to 20 wins in two seasons, including a BCS Bowl. Not sure why people bash him.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 14, 2017, 01:38:47 pm
Jim Grobe was a hot name at the time. The equivalent of hiring a Norvell or Morris, but with a better record. Took WAKE FOREST to 20 wins in two seasons, including a BCS Bowl. Not sure why people bash him.
Hindsight is always 50/50 right?  Or 20/20.  Who cares.

forrest city joe

He also destroyed the football program in the process.but let's not bring that up.i don't care where Jeff Long goes.as long as they get him out of here.he is not a good A.D. a good A.D. is someone like Barry Alvarez.

cosmodrum

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 14, 2017, 01:38:29 pm
Lets don't.

Cmon, we can all cut off our side burns, wear matching sweater vests, and sit around destroying buckets of double bubble.
Go away, batin'

hawgon

I well remember the almost hire of Jim Grobe.There were lots of questions immediately expressed as to if what he had done at wake forest would translate to the SEC.

Razorbackers

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 14, 2017, 01:38:47 pm

Because hindsight is 20/20. A REAL AD would have known that Grobe taking the smallest school in a power 5 division to the BCS and winning all those games was merely a fluke.

Just like all these geniuses that KNEW Bielema wouldn't work here.

Razorbackers

How is this thread at 7 pages?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: snoblind on November 14, 2017, 01:11:00 pm
He's been gone for a few days.  Either we ticked him off or he was a vacation to calm down
He's been over on the Dickson Street Tavern bragging about how he's trolling everyone here.

grayhawg

Yeah, I'll bet there are some who have never been through an Arkansas search eating up everything that they hear as truth.

porque

EastexHawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 01:47:51 pm
Because hindsight is 20/20. A REAL AD would have known that Grobe taking the smallest school in a power 5 division to the BCS and winning all those games was merely a fluke.

Just like all these geniuses that KNEW Bielema wouldn't work here.

How about looking behind the record?  The ACC in 2006 wasn't the ACC of the last few years.  Clemson was 8-5 that year...but they still beat Wake.  Florida State was 7-6.  The second best team in the ACC that year was Boston College, and they beat Navy by one point in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Grobe's team that year averaged a whopping 307 yards in total offense.  They scored a little over 21 points per game.  They won the ACC Championship Game in a 9-6 barn burner when Georgia Tech's QB went 9 of 29 with no TDs and 2 interceptions, which wasn't surprising since he was a 44% passer on the year to go with his scintillating 2.9 yards per carry average running the ball.

Grobe was not a "hot name" among anyone with a lick of sense.  Among Hog fans there was distress, bordering on mass vomiting, when we heard Long had hired him.  He would have been a disaster of possibly even greater proportions than Bielema had he taken the job.  There is a reason he is out of football and has been for years.  Interim at Baylor?  That's the best gig he could have hoped for.

Tweeter

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 14, 2017, 12:30:05 pm
If he is really gone.(and i hope he is)all i can say  is THANK GOD.his decision making destroyed Arkansas Football.

I agree 100% with you Forest City Joe.....The guy seems like a sleazy banker.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 14, 2017, 02:03:13 pm
How about looking behind the record?  The ACC in 2006 wasn't the ACC of the last few years.  Clemson was 8-5 that year...but they still beat Wake.  Florida State was 7-6.  The second best team in the ACC that year was Boston College, and they beat Navy by one point in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Grobe's team that year averaged a whopping 307 yards in total offense.  They scored a little over 21 points per game.  They won the ACC Championship Game in a 9-6 barn burner when Georgia Tech's QB went 9 of 29 with no TDs and 2 interceptions, which wasn't surprising since he was a 44% passer on the year to go with his scintillating 2.9 yards per carry average running the ball.

Grobe was not a "hot name" among anyone with a lick of sense.  Among Hog fans there was distress, bordering on mass vomiting, when we heard Long had hired him.  He would have been a disaster of possibly even greater proportions than Bielema had he taken the job.  There is a reason he is out of football and has been for years.  Interim at Baylor?  That's the best gig he could have hoped for.
You guys and your "look behind the curtain" scenarios.  Nick Saban is the only coach that would satisfy some of you.

GuvHog

November 14, 2017, 02:17:15 pm #349 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:00:37 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 14, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
You guys and your "look behind the curtain" scenarios.  Nick Saban is the only coach that would satisfy some of you.

Naw, I'd be perfectly happy if Venables or Norvell becomes the next football head Hog.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!