Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ipigsooie

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 13, 2017, 09:23:28 pm

http://media.jrn.com/documents/Mike+Norvell's+contract.pdf

Page 20 of Norvell's contract you'll see Sexton's signature as a witness. Also, Sexton went to Tennessee, so it'll be interesting how this all plays out, but Michael Kelly Norvell wants to coach @ Arkansas.

Yes and I bet he is getting a nice deal worked out for his client dan Mullen at his alma mater.

Tejano Jawg

Damn, I'll need to put on a pot of coffee to read this thread. I'm just on page 1. But I like what I'm hearing.

I'm more concerned about who our new coach is NOT than who it is (right now). I don't want Nutt, Ford or Bielema.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hawg Life

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 09:25:08 pm
Yes and I bet he is getting a nice deal worked out for his client dan Mullen at his alma mater.

No, he'll end up @ Arkansas, but between Florida and Tennessee we'll pay up for sure.

ChicoHog

Quote from: jmark on November 13, 2017, 05:33:54 pm
best news i've heard since the time when if hooten lost to alabama, he'd be replaced by butch davis. 
Too bad that never happened (Davis, not the loss!)

Hawg Life

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:37:54 pm
He is totally abliviuos.  In fact that's how he spells oblivious after a night at Ben's apartment.

He's known that it was 50-50 since South Carolina, and it's gone down every week.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 13, 2017, 01:13:37 pm
Irwin is great with history, but often wrong on things that aren't factually happening in the public view or already happened
You guys are hilarious. I'm not saying this Grant is. I have been given pretty much the same information but I'm not willing to confirm it as fact mainly because what is true today can sometimes not be true tomorrow. Certain people can have a plan and then the plan gets changed.

I certainly admit that in 40 plus years I've been wrong about a few things with regard to the happenings at BAC but I am not "often wrong" because I don't usually pass along what I hear as fact. Almost never, in fact. For instance on Bo's Show last week I went into detail about a plan from some Malzahn supporters to get rid of Jeff Long, put a new AD in place and hire Gus. At no point did I say it was going to happen. It's simply what they told me.

So why mention it? Because these people have money and influence and it's possible, in my mind, that they could pull it off. But never have I passed it on as fact.

The Hawg Marshal

Mike, some of these guys just don't get it, no matter how simply you break it down.

hogblitz

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 13, 2017, 09:45:27 pm
  You guys are hilarious. I'm not saying this Grant is. I have been given pretty much the same information but I'm not willing to confirm it as fact mainly because what is true today can sometimes not be true tomorrow. Certain people can have a plan and then the plan gets changed.

I certainly admit that in 40 plus years I've been wrong about a few things with regard to the happenings at BAC but I am not "often wrong" because I don't usually pass along what I hear as fact. Almost never, in fact. For instance on Bo's Show last week I went into detail about a plan from some Malzahn supporters to get rid of Jeff Long, put a new AD in place and hire Gus. At no point did I say it was going to happen. It's simply what they told me.

So why mention it? Because these people have money and influence and it's possible, in my mind, that they could pull it off. But never have I passed it on as fact.
Are you willing to state that Bielema will NOT be our coach in 2018?

swineology

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 01:15:25 pm
Sounds like he is trolling the wants and needs of Hogville.net

He got a new afternoon show after he had 3 listeners in the am.

Click bait and I clicked

Porked Tongue

Quote from: hogblitz on November 13, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
I think he states what he can state.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 13, 2017, 09:45:27 pm

With all due respect, and I completely respect and appreciate the historical info you give.  Your comments about thoughts about things that are going too or might happen are often wrong.  Baseball is a good example, assistant football coach moves, and so on.  I appreciate and I'm sure many other do here too, your comments about what may happen, but it just seems what you say may happen is as often right as many of Hogville guesses.  I understand you can't disclose any things, this is t about those things, it's about what you have

jmark

November 13, 2017, 10:13:26 pm #261 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:19:22 am by jmark
Quote from: ChicoHog on November 13, 2017, 09:29:21 pm
Too bad that never happened (Davis, not the loss!)

it was like an alternate universe for hog football.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

East Clintwood

Quote from: hog_fan on November 13, 2017, 05:50:07 pm
If Auburn goes to playoffs, we have to wait until January. Very risky to do that.

Yes, we'll end up like LSU last year being cornered into hiring Coach O.

Don't put any trust into what Gus may be telling you.  Gus is in it for Gus alone and will use anyone and everyone to further his goals.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Pork Twain

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 12:47:58 pm
Rumor is JL isn't allowed to have a say in the new hire. Why would anyone think he'd still be here next year?
Lots of rumors on Hogville, few of them have any truth to them.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

East Clintwood

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 06:55:02 pm
My theory.....

This is just old money putting pressure on Long to fire Bielema. Once long does, this all dies down and we end up with Norvell

Damn, I hope you're right.

I don't want to end up with Gus.  He'll be about as successful s Hootie and just as hard to get rid of.

Pork Twain

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 13, 2017, 01:13:37 pm
Irwin is great with history, but often wrong on things that aren't factually happening in the public view or already happened
Irwin is one of about 3-4 people on this board that I have the highest respect for and the most faith in what they pass on.  He just doesn't bulldarn you and gives you what he can.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 13, 2017, 06:19:32 pm
If Long isn't going to be allowed to run this HC'ing hire and someone is already being talked to, hiring the HC won't be an issue. They just say Jeff, here is the contract, get it signed. Long doesn't depart until January, that doesn't effect the HC'ing hire, allows him to stay on the National Play Off Committee through the NC Game and he gets to leave (publicly) with his integrity intact and by his own choice. Under that scenario, there isn't anything going on in January that you need a AD to get done, so there is time to hire a new one.

Those are a lot of "if's" and I don't know if that is how it will go down or not, but I could see that happening.
this, with Mike Leach, is exactly what is happening.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawg Life

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 13, 2017, 11:07:29 pm

No way it's Leach.

wikipedia brown

me and mind are coming too!!!! warriors.... come out to play!   I'm just gonna eat a frito pie and watch a good old man fight tho.

Count Hogula

This thread is bringing that wood, LOL...

MC_Hog

Quote from: bville_hog on November 13, 2017, 01:07:17 pm
He and Rick were the original hosts of Razorback talk radio when I was in school back in the early 80's.  Think it was 90 mins every monday.  no internet.  Still remember anxiously listening every week for the search to replace eddie sutton.  it was all Rollie Massimino up until they hired nolan, from what i remember.

That is correct. Just like it's going to be all Gus Malzahn until Frost is hired.

MissippHog

Is it time to start tracking planes yet?

On a related / unrelated note.  A buddy of mine kicked field goals for MSU back in the early 2000's, he has a few connections.  Anyways, he has a friend who is a private pilot and this pilot told him last Thursday that in the past few weeks he's flown a certain agent to Knoxville several times.  The pilot wouldn't tell him who the agent was, btw. 

So, what does this mean to us?  Nothing really, haha.  But I did find it interesting that UT was / has been in talks with an agent(s) at a minimum 3 weeks prior to publicly firing Jones.  I would hope the same thing would be happening here but I doubt that it has even entered JL's mind.  Just thought I'd share. 

The Kig

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 13, 2017, 10:23:41 pm

Yes, we'll end up like LSU last year being cornered into hiring Coach O.

Don't put any trust into what Gus may be telling you.  Gus is in it for Gus alone and will use anyone and everyone to further his goals.

And why is that a bad thing?  Of course Gus is in it for Gus.  Most professionals are...especially those in merit based compensation roles.  He may want to come back to Arkansas, but it's doubtful he would do it for less money.  There is no altruism at the top of the food chain and I wouldn't want someone like that as HC.
Poker Porker

East Clintwood

Quote from: The Kig on November 14, 2017, 02:19:03 am
And why is that a bad thing?  Of course Gus is in it for Gus.  Most professionals are...especially those in merit based compensation roles.  He may want to come back to Arkansas, but it's doubtful he would do it for less money.  There is no altruism at the top of the food chain and I wouldn't want someone like that as HC.

I'm just saying not to let him string us along by saying that he can't accept the job as long as he's in the playoffs but that he fully intends to sign with us afterward.  So we hold off on offering any other coach until they've all accepted other jobs.  then Auburn comes along and doubles his pay, he signs, and we're left hanging with nobody available except Smilie.

Gus will do what's good for Gus -- screw us.

rzrbk4life

Well this thread escalated quickly
Let's call those hogs!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 13, 2017, 11:07:29 pm

I said earlier and I still think that Leach isn't an option here and probably wouldn't consider us, especially if he is being considered at UCLA. Of course with all of the rumors flying around (most of which are b.s.) I could see him being discussed as a candidate to be the next HC at the University of the Moon and everyone would be talking about how his passing offense would excel in that atmosphere. ;) Seriously though, if he is a candidate at UCLA he would be crazy to take our job in our conference. Can't see him "calling the Hogs". It would be like, "Yeah well, woo pig, whatever." I don't know if he will actually be offered at UCLA but that rumor is also out there and if he is, he won't be coming here. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

blu

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 13, 2017, 10:40:49 pm
Irwin is one of about 3-4 people on this board that I have the highest respect for and the most faith in what they pass on.  He just doesn't bulldarn you and gives you what he can.

What he said. MI is a stand up guy and most on here appreciate very much his contributions and insight.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Ironhawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 13, 2017, 10:40:49 pm

I agree with this.  Much respect for Mike Irwin.

BR

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 13, 2017, 09:23:28 pm

http://media.jrn.com/documents/Mike+Norvell's+contract.pdf

Page 19 of Norvell’s contract you’ll see Sexton’s signature as a witness. Also, Sexton went to Tennessee, so it’ll be interesting how this all plays out, but Michael Kelly Norvell wants to coach @ Arkansas.

Yea, I found it before you answered..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pork Ranger

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 14, 2017, 05:04:13 am
I said earlier and I still think that Leach isn't an option here and probably wouldn't consider us, especially if he is being considered at UCLA. Of course with all of the rumors flying around (most of which are b.s.) I could see him being discussed as a candidate to be the next HC at the University of the Moon and everyone would be talking about how his passing offense would excel in that atmosphere. ;) Seriously though, if he is a candidate at UCLA he would be crazy to take our job in our conference. Can't see him "calling the Hogs". It would be like, "Yeah well, woo pig, whatever." I don't know if he will actually be offered at UCLA but that rumor is also out there and if he is, he won't be coming here. JMO

Never put any stock into what Pig in the Pokey is saying.

As a matter of fact, just take the opposite and you'll be spot on

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 13, 2017, 10:31:01 pm

Damn, I hope you're right.

I don't want to end up with Gus.  He'll be about as successful s Hootie and just as hard to get rid of.

An outsider might think Bielema has been harder to get rid of than Hootie, especially if W-L record has any impact.

I don't care who the next coach is; he needs to win.  If not, next man up...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Mellon Collie

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 14, 2017, 05:04:13 am

You think Petrino half-arsed his way through a Hog Call.....just wait till you see Leach just stand there with that look on his face.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 13, 2017, 10:13:04 pm
With all due respect, and I completely respect and appreciate the historical info you give.  Your comments about thoughts about things that are going too or might happen are often wrong.  Baseball is a good example, assistant football coach moves, and so on.  I appreciate and I'm sure many other do here too, your comments about what may happen, but it just seems what you say may happen is as often right as many of Hogville guesses.  I understand you can't disclose any things, this is t about those things, it's about what you have

I agree.  They are wrong sometimes.  Mike is repeating what his sources say, and if Mike is saying something its probably  from a solid source.  That does not mean his sources are always correct.  I think things change frequently during decision like these.

Everyone on Hogville has sources.  Some could be more solid than Mike's.  Its possible.  Mike uses his own name and reputation when he posts.  Posters are posting under a bunch made up nick names.  Who really knows who has good information.  I enjoy/appreciate Mike's posts because the information is as accurate is there is out there.  I can read Mike's post or GoHogwild20&*(**$%.  I will believe Mike's over them every time.   

Ex-Trumpet

I think the last coaching search revealed just how reliable the sources were.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 07:54:39 am
I think the last coaching search revealed just how reliable the sources were.

Except last time Long made the hire. Others will likely do it this time so there may be plenty of leaked info

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 14, 2017, 08:16:17 am
Except last time Long made the hire. Others will likely do it this time so there may be plenty of leaked info

Been watching your avatar for years, not sure I've ever read one of your posts!!!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 08:18:37 am
Been watching your avatar for years, not sure I've ever read one of your posts!!!

Yeah I get distracted and post a lot of nonsense

Ex-Trumpet

Mike Irwin

Quote from: hogblitz on November 13, 2017, 09:53:06 pm

I will post this again for those who are having trouble understanding a very simple concept. I learned along time ago to pass along information like this as what others are saying to me. I do not accept it as absolute fact until it happens because things can change.

For instance when a certain TV sports anchor said on the air that Jim Grobe was about to become the next head coach at Arkansas I did not report that as fact because it had not happened. Yes, like this guy, I had been told the job had been offered to Grobe and he had indicated to Jeff Long that he was getting on a plane to come to Arkansas.

At the last minute Grobe changed his mind. Stuff like that happens.

So in answer to your question, no, I am not prepared to say that Bielema will not be the head coach next year. There are a whole bunch of very well connected boosters who are saying it. Believe it or not. It's your choice.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 14, 2017, 08:33:48 am
I will post this again for those who having trouble understanding a very simple concept. I learned along time ago to pass along information like this as what others are saying to me. I do not accept it as absolute fact until it happens because things can change.

For instance when a certain TV sports anchor said on the air that Jim Grobe was about to become the next head coach at Arkansas I did not report that as fact because it had not happened. Yes, like this guy, I had been told the job had been offered to Grobe and he had indicated to Jeff Long that he was getting on a plane to come to Arkansas.

So in answer to your question, no, I am not prepared to say that Bielema will not be the head coach next year. There are a whole bunch of very well connected boosters who are saying it. Believe it not not. It's your choice.

This.  The fat lady ain't singing yet!

BR

I will post this again for those who are having trouble understanding a very simple concept. I learned along time ago to pass along information like this as what others are saying to me. I do not accept it as absolute fact until it happens because things can change.

So in answer to your question, no, I am not prepared to say that Bielema will not be the head coach next year. There are a whole bunch of very well connected boosters who are saying it. Believe it not not. It's your choice.
Mike,  Thank You...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ipigsooie

Thank you for your clarity. Some times you have to make it really simple for some people. I appreciate your insight.

GuvHog

November 14, 2017, 08:39:43 am #294 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:50:38 am by GuvHog
Quote from: East Clintwood on November 14, 2017, 02:35:38 am

I'm just saying not to let him string us along by saying that he can't accept the job as long as he's in the playoffs but that he fully intends to sign with us afterward.  So we hold off on offering any other coach until they've all accepted other jobs.  then Auburn comes along and doubles his pay, he signs, and we're left hanging with nobody available except Smilie.

Gus will do what's good for Gus -- screw us.

Arkansas won't wait that long. With the new early signing period looming in late December, they can't afford to wait.. If Auburn beats Alabama this year (the game is in Auburn), Arkansas won't bother to even offer Gus the Hog HC job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 01:53:32 pm
I am nobody to judge the validity of this info, but all i can say is i hope they get a signature from Gus really soon if they havent already. The landscape of college football changed on saturday. Auburn is now in the drivers seat to get in the final 4. If Gus has really committed to leave auburn, its goimg to be really hard after what happened on saturday.

If he does then it would be the perfect penicillin for The Poor Wittle Arkiesaw" syndrome. It would give him a chance to say on a national stage, "I am leaving Auburn University for The University of Arkansas. It is not a step down or a lateral move. I am an Arkansan and I'm going home."...

He could do as much for Arkansas in pulling up some of y'all's confidence as Arkansas can be a steadying factor for him coming out of the lion's den...

The more I think about it the more I like it, and if 2nd choice is Mike Norvell how freaking awesome is that.!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 14, 2017, 07:37:28 am
Never put any stock into what Pig in the Pokey is saying.

As a matter of fact, just take the opposite and you'll be spot on
Unless it's the recruiting board, and then he's spot on
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hoggish1

Mike, this is only confirms for me that Long must go.  But, enough have written he's gone now so I'll stop worry about him continuing to mess up Arkansas ...

Rustyhog

Kevin

what time is his show on
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22