Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:18:23 pm
Bret said today in his PC that Long hasn't spoken to him or his representation about his future at Arkansas.

Not being a smarta&&, but what do you expect him to say.

rhames

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:16:31 pm
Yeah im a little surprised how frank GH is being, JL and BB are gone and a new AD and HC will be inplace for 2018.

The timeline for this happening and replacing them with quality hires is close to impossible.

I think a lot of people are hearing what Irwin said on Bo last week.

In the end most likely BB is gone and Jeff is still here.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 01:10:50 pm
If long was getting fired,  why not fire him now?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
The Auburn AD is fired too but he is staying until spring or they find a replacement, whichever comes 1st
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:12:44 pm
Yeah Grant's got the attention span of a nat.

He did say that Bobbit assured the BOT that they will get this all taken care of . 

Grant said Steinz has accepted the challenge of getting a new AD and HC.  Grant is really insinuating Gus will be the next HC

Geeze I hope not.  Gus is not what this program needs at the moment. 

BR

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 13, 2017, 01:20:41 pm
The Auburn AD is fired too but he is staying until spring or they find a replacement, whichever comes 1st
Retiring/Steppin Down is a lot different than fired..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Tusks

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 01:20:04 pm

The timeline for this happening and replacing them with quality hires is close to impossible.

I think a lot of people are hearing what Irwin said on Bo last week.

In the end most likely BB is gone and Jeff is still here.

GH said Stienz missed the basketball games working on the plan.  Said Stienz assured the BOT he'd get it done.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhames

He wasn't fired.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:24:03 pm
GH said Stienz missed the basketball games working on the plan.  Said Stienz assured the BOT he'd get it done.

I think this is just wishful thinking for some people who used to have influence.

Pork Ranger

Posted this another thread-

There's quite a few people claiming its Gus' job to take which may be true.  However, I don't see him coming here.  Outside of the national media saying he's on the hot seat why do you think AU wants to get rid of him?  They don't even have an AD to fire him right now.  And, if they hire Tuberville, do you really think he'll come in and fire Gus Malzahn?  Heck no.  The hire alone could have him fired in 3 years.  Gus is gonna be at AU for a long time

Don't read into th he semantics of Auburns AD situation

BR

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 01:26:16 pm
Posted this another thread-

There's quite a few people claiming its Gus' job to take which may be true.  However, I don't see him coming here.  Outside of the national media saying he's on the hot seat why do you think AU wants to get rid of him?  They don't even have an AD to fire him right now.  And, if they hire Tuberville, do you really think he'll come in and fire Gus Malzahn?  Heck no.  The hire alone could have him fired in 3 years.  Gus is gonna be at AU for a long time

Don't read into th he semantics of Auburns AD situation
They do have an AD till June 1st..    Auburn Athletics Director Jay Jacobs is resigning from his position at the school by June 1, 2018. Jacobs may resign sooner if Auburn can find a suitable replacement to take over as AD for the school moving forward

ricepig

Quote from: BR on November 13, 2017, 01:23:59 pm

Long won't be fired, either.

Tusks

GH just said again, Both (JL & BB) are gone and out of here.  BB now, JL by Jan.

TIFWIW

BR

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:30:58 pm
Long won't be fired, either.
Didn't say or even imply he would.......

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:31:29 pm
GH just said again, Both (JL & BB) are gone and out of here.  BB now, JL by Jan.

TIFWIW

BB now?  Lol...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

TIFWIW
I have, what's his handle on HV???

Next1_04

TIFWIW

Low Risk high reward.

If they aren't no one cares.

If he is right then he can say he was right.

rhames

One of the selling points Arkansas has is stability

Throw that out the window and I don't see a qauilty coach coming here with higher profile jobs open

IMO

Tusks

Im kind of shocked that GH is letting this fly like he is.

Tusks

They're discussing which church GM would go to.  Wow.  Mike Irwin is on with him now.

Matt Burks

What station is Grant Hall on?

Tusks

Get the ESPN NW Arkansas 99.5 app

SquidBilly

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:18:23 pm
Bret said today in his PC that Long hasn't spoken to him or his representation about his future at Arkansas.

Which technically may be true.  Long may not have had the conversation.  Sounds like Steinmetz will be delivering the axe on this one if Grant Hall speaks the truth.  So Bret and his representative may have already heard from Steinmetz.  I hate the turmoil around our program but the change should hopefully be positive.

Tusks

Mike was being his usual (hey kids get off my yard) self.

The Hawg Marshal

I know nothing about Grant Hall, but I think this is a pretty clear sign that what we've been hearing, is going to happen.

The Boar War

One things for sure:  No one's stupid enough to use Gus as a smoke screen.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: BR on November 13, 2017, 01:23:59 pm
hes "stepping down" the same way jim chaney and robb smith "moved on".
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rljjr

ricepig

hoglady

Quote from: rhames on November 13, 2017, 01:24:49 pm

He wasn't fired.

I don't know.
He or Gus had to go / they haven't been on speaking terms in a while.
Could be he actually resigned or could be he was forced to resign - but I figured one of them would have to go.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tusks

GH again, 'it will be over soon, help is on the way'.

rhames

Quote from: hoglady on November 13, 2017, 01:47:39 pm
I don't know.
Could be he actually resigned or could be he was forced to resign - but I figured one of them would have to go.

When you fire someone, you fire them. They don't work for you anymore.

rhames

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 13, 2017, 01:45:54 pm

Did those guys still work here after they were given notice?

BR

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 13, 2017, 01:45:54 pm
I was not even talking about Long, never mind..     WOW

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hoglady on November 13, 2017, 01:47:39 pm
I don't know.
I think he's being forced out. He and Gus don't get along , but they have had multiple scandals in several sports , and I think it's had a cumulative effect.

Razorbackers

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:48:23 pm
GH again, 'it will be over soon, help is on the way'.
They can fire everybody in sight.  That's no guarantee anything is going to be better. 

ipigsooie

I am nobody to judge the validity of this info, but all i can say is i hope they get a signature from Gus really soon if they havent already. The landscape of college football changed on saturday. Auburn is now in the drivers seat to get in the final 4. If Gus has really committed to leave auburn, its goimg to be really hard after what happened on saturday.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 13, 2017, 01:52:06 pm
They can fire everybody in sight.  That's no guarantee anything is going to be better.

Well as far as football goes, it really can't get any worse

Razorbackers

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 01:54:11 pm

uh. Yes. Yes it could.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm not a Grant Hall expert but I have been listening to him for about 10 years or so.  For those that don't know him I'd say on the sunshine scale he leans Rick Schaeffer but I think that's just because he's a fairly positive guy and nice person.  He's not a sunshine pumper rainbow farter.  He's more realistic than Rick.

Grant would not say stuff just to say it.  If he said something like this he either really believes it or heard it from a reliable source.  I usually listen to his show but did not today so I don't know what was actually said on his show. 

I don't think JL leaving would hamper the search because the incoming coach is going to get assurances from the chancellor and PTB that he will have X years and all the resources available to win.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rljjr

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 01:53:32 pm
I am nobody to judge the validity of this info, but all i can say is i hope they get a signature from Gus really soon if they havent already. The landscape of college football changed on saturday. Auburn is now in the drivers seat to get in the final 4. If Gus has really committed to leave auburn, its goimg to be really hard after what happened on saturday.

I would be ok with Gus IF he can get Auburn to the playoffs and then ceremoniously dump the WarTigers and bring some AU 4 and 5 star Croots with him. That would make me happy.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 01:54:11 pm

Yeah we could actually lose to Coastal.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BR

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 01:53:32 pm
So your saying Auburn is going to beat Bama and Georgia again in the SEC Title game?

HF#1

Quote from: rljjr on November 13, 2017, 01:56:24 pm
I would be ok with Gus IF he can get Auburn to the playoffs and then ceremoniously dump the WarTigers and bring some AU 4 and 5 star Croots with him. That would make me happy.

Actually, Kevin Steele would be the most important person he would need to bring with him imo.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rljjr

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 01:57:25 pm
Actually, Kevin Steele would be the most important person he would need to bring with him imo.

Bingo. I failed to mention that.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 01:57:25 pm
Yep we could use a good DC. Tho$e recruit$ $eem to like Auburn.

ipigsooie

Quote from: BR on November 13, 2017, 01:57:03 pm
So your saying Auburn is going to beat Bama and Georgia again in the SEC Title game?

I think they will. Bama is hurt and ms st was able to run on them. The game is at auburn. So yeah i actually think they will beat bama. And do i think theyll beat georgia? Ha! Yes i actually do. I think theyll "whip the dog out of em." Again

Tusks

Wow for a usually boring show, GH had a lot going on today.  He Mike have been around since the dead sea was only sick.

cram224

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 12:56:45 pm
I'm sorry, did he give any reason he said it is $12m? Unless he's been given the info from Long, Varady, or Cornrich, which isn't happening, then he's blowing smoke.
I've been saying CBB and JL's contracts are with the Foundation and not open to FOIA.

Tusks

Quote from: rljjr on November 13, 2017, 02:00:01 pm
Bingo. I failed to mention that.

Mike and GH mentioned that on the show today.  Could Gus get Steele to come with him.