Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

hog.goblin

Just heard it!  He wouldn't say it if he didn't believe it.

RazorHawg16

He said that Jeff will be fired. If not it will be because he is taking another job. WOW!

bville_hog

Dropkick

theFlyingHog

Tusks

He also said BB total buyout is more like $12M
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

snoblind

spill it.  don't get the show

Razorbackers

Pork Ranger

Rumor is JL isn't allowed to have a say in the new hire. Why would anyone think he'd still be here next year?

Tusks

Listening to Grant is like trying to do a jigsaw puzzle.  He does have some connections though.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 13, 2017, 12:46:52 pm
Who is Grant Hall and why should we believe anything he says?

You serious Clark?

ricepig

Tusks

I think Jl is AD in name only and may introduce the coach but not much else.

Anybody else shocked that the buyout IS $12M and not the $5M later reported.

Pork Ranger

Why is the buyout so hard to figure out?

hog.goblin

hog.goblin

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 12:52:25 pm

No, I've said it all along.  I still think they may compromise around $9M

Tusks

For those that can't listen.  JL and BB is out.  Fans don't be anxious, powers ARE absolutely making changes.

Grant pretty emphatic Gus is a real possibility.

ricepig

I'm sorry, did he give any reason he said it is $12m? Unless he's been given the info from Long, Varady, or Cornrich, which isn't happening, then he's blowing smoke.

The Boar War

According to Grant Hall.  Nothing against him but I've heard anything from 5-15 million and nothing that causes me to give more credit to one source over another.

online-with-swine

JL and BB gone:  Good
Buyout at 12 mil:  Dang it
Gus as real possibility:  Double dang it

ricepig

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 13, 2017, 12:57:43 pm
JL and BB gone:  Good
Buyout at 12 mil:  Dang it
Gus as real possibility:  Double dang it

Throwing out whatever he can, got it.......

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 12:56:45 pm
I'm sorry, did he give any reason he said it is $12m? Unless he's been given the info from Long, Varady, or Cornrich, which isn't happening, then he's blowing smoke.

Quoted Bobbitt

Tusks

He said there was another component with the foundation that pushes it back up to $12M that could/should get negotiated down. 

I think they're going to pay whatever to punt these two guys, it's just JL is an idiot (that's my observation not Grant's)

Said if there would have been a straw poll it would have been 8-2 against Long.  Didn't have to take it because Bobbit said he'd fix everything.  Thank god!!

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 13, 2017, 12:59:07 pm
Quoted Bobbitt

So, President Bobbitt is on record as saying the buyout is $12m, do we have any recording of this?

younghog

GO HOGS

MissippHog

He was the sports editor @ NWA Times, I think.

younghog

GO HOGS

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:00:35 pm
So, President Bobbitt is on record as saying the buyout is $12m, do we have any recording of this?

No he said in addition to the $5.7M there was another component through the foundation that pushes it up to $12M.  My first thought was an annuity like all the other coaches for the past 30 years but man that's a big arse annuity so it might be something else

Tusks

Grant's not getting this info from Bobbit but I've known GH for 30 years and while he's a little odd to me, he's been around forever and has tons of contacts much like Mike Irwin.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:00:35 pm

He said it, but I wasn't recording it.  He bounces around a lot between topics but I was listening carefully.

bville_hog

Quote from: MissippHog on November 13, 2017, 01:01:38 pm
He was the sports editor @ NWA Times, I think.

He and Rick were the original hosts of Razorback talk radio when I was in school back in the early 80's.  Think it was 90 mins every monday.  no internet.  Still remember anxiously listening every week for the search to replace eddie sutton.  it was all Rollie Massimino up until they hired nolan, from what i remember. 

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:03:32 pm
No he said in addition to the $5.7M there was another component through the foundation that pushes it up to $12M.  My first thought was an annuity like all the other coaches for the past 30 years but man that's a big arse annuity so it might be something else

So it wasn't Bobbitt, and it's relying on information from a private entity that isn't subject to a FOI?? I'll wait for further confirmation, because that won't be a plus for those wishing for dismissal.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 13, 2017, 01:06:18 pm
He said it, but I wasn't recording it.  He bounces around a lot between topics but I was listening carefully.

President Bobbitt was on his show and said it?

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:08:12 pm
So it wasn't Bobbitt, and it's relying on information from a private entity that isn't subject to a FOI?? I'll wait for further confirmation, because that won't be a plus for those wishing for dismissal.

IMO he referenced Bobbitt when talking about the $12M.  He was talking a bit in circles

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 01:08:12 pm

A caller asked him if Jeff Long was 'fired' and Grant said 'basically yes'.  Said Jeff will be around until January and then leave for another job.  JL was told to go find a new job.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 13, 2017, 01:09:47 pm
IMO he referenced Bobbitt when talking about the $12M.  He was talking a bit in circles

Ok, so nobody on record, just more speculation, thanks.

rhames

If long was getting fired,  why not fire him now?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Tusks

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 13, 2017, 01:09:47 pm

Yeah Grant's got the attention span of a nat.

He did say that Bobbit assured the BOT that they will get this all taken care of . 

Grant said Steinz has accepted the challenge of getting a new AD and HC.  Grant is really insinuating Gus will be the next HC

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:04:50 pm
Grant's not getting this info from Bobbit but I've known GH for 30 years and while he's a little odd to me, he's been around forever and has tons of contacts much like Mike Irwin.

Irwin is great with history, but often wrong on things that aren't factually happening in the public view or already happened

WilsonHog

Squares with what I have been hearing the past few days, minus the new buyout information.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 12:56:45 pm
I'm pretty sure the only way the buyout would go up from $5 million to $12 million is if they let Jeff Long negotiate it.

scottwillrazbackfan1

News is starting come out more and more. Expect an announcement soon. Everyone (JL & BB) is twisting in the wind. Talk show hosts and others are freely saying OUT LOUD both are gone.

HF#1

Sounds like he is trolling the wants and needs of Hogville.net
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hog.goblin

At this point he is reading the play by play from the game...

Tusks

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on November 13, 2017, 01:14:50 pm
News is starting come out more and more. Expect an announcement soon. Everyone (JL & BB) is twisting in the wind. Talk show hosts and others are freely saying OUT LOUD both are gone.

Yeah im a little surprised how frank GH is being, JL and BB are gone and a new AD and HC will be inplace for 2018.

rhames

What talk shows?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Bret said today in his PC that Long hasn't spoken to him or his representation about his future at Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 01:16:31 pm
Yeah im a little surprised how frank GH is being, JL and BB are gone and a new AD and HC will be inplace for 2018.

Well, it won't likely cost him any listeners......