Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall

Started by claycohog, November 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 13, 2017, 06:31:33 pm
One of the other parts of the dominoes is in fact Terry Don.

The main theme is an "All Arkansas" approach.  Including

AD
HC
Players as much as feasible.

Other than the specifics of the exact reasons for both changes, how it ends and the timing you now have the whole enchilada.

Grant mentioned Terry Don might be involved the in a search committee, but his health would preclude him from anything more than that

jgphillips3

I think we can all see this has legs.  It will be interesting in days to come to see how long all of this was brewing or how quickly it really came about. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 06:33:10 pm
You're excused then, lol. I don't listen to any sports radio, they might take phone calls and those would cause me to drive into an overpass on purpose.

I only listen to Press Row and and if I hear Irwin talking on anything else.  Not for any reason other than they are both rational and full of good information.  Otherwise I'm on satellite radio or an audio book.

And I don't think I got anything wrong unless Bobbitt said something else I didn't attribute to him.

Danimal

claycohog

To clarify.
GH's message about BB and LONG is the other shoe dropping.  No way to know who the next coach will be at this point.

NashvilleHog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 13, 2017, 06:31:33 pm
One of the other parts of the dominoes is in fact Terry Don.

The main theme is an "All Arkansas" approach.  Including

AD
HC
Players as much as feasible.

Other than the specifics of the exact reasons for both changes, how it ends and the timing you now have the whole enchilada.

Important note for readers...Norvell is Arkansas.  Not UA, but Arkansas.  In fact, his 920k house on Beaver Lake actually means he is currently more invested in Arkansas than Malzahn is and ever has been.   
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 13, 2017, 06:35:47 pm
Grant mentioned Terry Don might be involved the in a search committee, but his health would preclude him from anything more than that
The theory is he could(would?) do the job to stabilize as long as it took to find someone else to replace him.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: NashvilleHog on November 13, 2017, 06:53:10 pm
Important note for readers...Norvell is Arkansas.  Not UA, but Arkansas.  In fact, his 920k house on Beaver Lake actually means he is currently more invested in Arkansas than Malzahn is and ever has been.

How do u guys know about the Lake house? Just curious

rhames

My theory.....

This is just old money putting pressure on Long to fire Bielema. Once long does, this all dies down and we end up with Norvell
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 13, 2017, 06:28:39 pm
He is still on the committee; he's just not chairing it.

I stand corrected then

hog.goblin

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 13, 2017, 06:53:53 pm
The theory is he could(would?) do the job to stabilize as long as it took to find someone else to replace him.

I think he would if he could

NashvilleHog

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 06:54:30 pm

Online property records
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

NashvilleHog

Here is the other thing with Gus.  His agent is Sexton and Sexton doesn't give a damn about anything but $$$.  If what GH says about the buyout is true, I don't see the 5-6 million it's probably going to take to get Gus getting paid here.  Also, Kevin Steele is making about 1.1 mill. 

Our pool for assistant pay has been in the middle to lower-middle of the SEC.  We aren't A&M or Alabama with the money. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 13, 2017, 05:55:39 pm
Where is he now?  I noticed awhile back that the 1190 The Fan AM station didn't have he and Vernon Tarver on any longer, but I thought it was because they were moving studios and they were taking a little break.  Is he on a different station now? 

Hey Smalls, yes they are on 99.5 in NWA from 12 to 2 every afternoon.  They have a streaming app for the station.  Basically the same show, still called Press Row, but now Vernon is just on 2 days a week.  Mike I does one or 2 days.  Dudley is usually on one day, and Steve Connely is still on Fridays.  I actually like it more than the old show with the infusion of the other guys.  I do miss it being on in the mornings though. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: NashvilleHog on November 13, 2017, 07:02:40 pm
Here is the other thing with Gus.  His agent is Sexton and Sexton doesn't give a damn about anything but $$$.  If what GH says about the buyout is true, I don't see the 5-6 million it's probably going to take to get Gus getting paid here.  Also, Kevin Steele is making about 1.1 mill. 

Our pool for assistant pay has been in the middle to lower-middle of the SEC.  We aren't A&M or Alabama with the money. 

Hope to hell he's not Norvell's agent.  School's should top hiring Sexton guys as a matter of principal.  Let Gus use us to get a big extension and puffed up buyout at AU and let us use Gus as a smoke screen and get Mike Norvell or the next best option but just say no to Sexton.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawginj

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
Hope to hell he's not Norvell's agent.  School's should top hiring Sexton guys as a matter of principal.  Let Gus use us to get a big extension and puffed up buyout at AU and let us use Gus as a smoke screen and get Mike Norvell or the next best option but just say no to Sexton.
Dilly!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 13, 2017, 05:35:20 pm
YAWN to you. Grant has covered Razorback football continuously since 1969. Nobody alive has been at it longer. He's lived in Fayetteville since 1953 and his dad was a pastor at the FBC of Fayetteville which, in those days, was the church that most of the coaches (pre Broyles) and a lot of the athletes attended.

He's got some really good sources for what he's saying. I've heard most of it myself from other people. I'm more cautious than he is so I'm not saying flat out that this is going to happen but I'm about 95% sure.
WOW! this thing may really happen.i get no pleasure out of this.but both Lomg and coach B deserve to be fired.Arkansas football should never be this bad.good luck to both men where ever they end up.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:05:34 pm
Hey Smalls, yes they are on 99.5 in NWA from 12 to 2 every afternoon.  They have a streaming app for the station.  Basically the same show, still called Press Row, but now Vernon is just on 2 days a week.  Mike I does one or 2 days.  Dudley is usually on one day, and Steve Connely is still on Fridays.  I actually like it more than the old show with the infusion of the other guys.  I do miss it being on in the mornings though.

Thanks man!  I was wondering what was up.  I guess that's the final nail for "The Great Mike White."  I was listening to that at times, but man...coudn't take it anymore. 

I will miss Press Row in the morning as well, but I've actually enjoyed Dan Patrick...so not I can listen to both if I choose.  That works! 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hogblitz

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 05:57:13 pm
Know?? Are you saying he's been told by the university that he is being fired? I don't think they've done that yet, do you?
Don't you think CBB has known for weeks that he will not be returning?  He can't be totally abliviuos.  No sources but it really appears that way to me. 

hawgjr

ipigsooie

Quote from: LFC Hog on November 13, 2017, 07:32:56 pm
Gus loves the helmet! ;)

Gus loves the guy standing behind the helmet a lot more than the helmet.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hogblitz on November 13, 2017, 07:26:42 pm
Don't you think CBB has known for weeks that he will not be returning?  He can't be totally abliviuos.  No sources but it really appears that way to me. 

He is totally abliviuos.  In fact that's how he spells oblivious after a night at Ben's apartment.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:37:54 pm
He is totally abliviuos.  In fact that's how he spells oblivious after a night at Ben's apartment.

Actually the definition of ablivious is " NOT being aware of how all of the crunches and sit-ups you are doing are affecting your body."

hogblitz

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:37:54 pm
Lol.  I guess I typed too fast. 

ipigsooie

Ironhawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:05:34 pm

Hey DKS thanks for the information.  I used to listen to them regularly in the mornings, but got out of the habit. 

fieldturf

Any way I can pick up this radio show in the River Valley?  Does anyone know?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: fieldturf on November 13, 2017, 07:59:50 pm
Any way I can pick up this radio show in the River Valley?  Does anyone know?

Yes, streaming on their app.  If you have an Apple device go to the app store and search KAKS.  You should see ESPN 99.5 KAKS come up in the search results. Just download that app.  Can also go to http://espn995.com/.  I'm guessing they have an Adroid app as well.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:06:56 pm

Sexton is Norvell's agent.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Dwight_K_Shrute

BR

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 08:12:47 pm
Why Mike, why?
I don't think it is.... I've checked all over and no where I found Sexton was his agent....  Also no where I found he had an agent listed...  If he found it, I would like to see the link...  Too see what I missed

TX HOG

What's the point of firing him before the end of the year. I'm sure behind the scene discussions have been going on with certain agents

theFlyingHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 13, 2017, 06:05:11 pm
Why would there have to be a carefully crafted plan.  He's firing an employee, not invading the Normandy coast.
Anybody think maybe eastex wants Bert gone yesterday?

sickboy

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 06:54:30 pm

If you know someone's address you can just look on the MLS or Zillow or any real estate sight and see what the purchase price of the home was and the estimated appreciation value. I'd imagine that's how the number was derived. Unless the above poster was the broker or lender in this transaction. :)

fieldturf

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 08:06:20 pm
Yes, streaming on their app.  If you have an Apple device go to the app store and search KAKS.  You should see ESPN 99.5 KAKS come up in the search results. Just download that app.  Can also go to http://espn995.com/.  I'm guessing they have an Adroid app as well.

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: BR on November 13, 2017, 08:14:45 pm
I don't think it is.... I've checked all over and no where I found Sexton was his agent....  Also no where I found he had an agent listed...  If he found it, I would like to see the link...  Too see what I missed

Hoping you are correct

ur

Quote from: sickboy on November 13, 2017, 08:17:05 pm
If you know someone's address you can just look on the MLS or Zillow or any real estate sight and see what the purchase price of the home was and the estimated appreciation value. I'd imagine that's how the number was derived. Unless the above poster was the broker or lender in this transaction. :)
actdatascout county and name
https://www.actdatascout.com/RealProperty/ParcelView
https://www.actdatascout.com/RealProperty/Arkansas/Carroll

Boardon Hamsay

The situation is fluid.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BR

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 08:27:41 pm
Hoping you are correct
Quote from: BR on November 13, 2017, 03:34:08 pm
Gus: Jimmy Sexton

Mike Norvell:  Can't find in Google

Mike Leach: Himself ( He also has a Law Degree from Pepperdine)

Chad Morris: Can't find...  Might be Jimmy Sexton

Matt Campbell: Campbell doesn't have an agent, which is almost unheard of at this level. Instead, he relies on a financial advisor and an attorney.

Scott Frost: Jimmy Sexton

Lane Kiffin: Jimmy Sexton

Dan Mullen: Jimmy Sexton

Chip Kelly: David Dunn

Kevin Sumlin: Trace Armstrong

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 13, 2017, 08:37:50 pm
Which situation, the one in your pants or the only food the nurses will let you eat?

Yes
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ipigsooie

Sexton is not Norvells agent. Memphis hired Norvell after being frustrated in dealing with Sexton as they were trying to hire Odom, a Sexton client. Ultimately, they decided on Norvell.

I am not sure who his agent is, but it is not sexton unless he signed with him recently and under the radar (which definitely wouldn't be a jimmy sexton move).

ur

Porked Tongue

BR

ipigsooie

go hogues

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 13, 2017, 06:18:03 pm
I would like to see Sean Rochelle get a shot at AD.   
Why? (Not flaming, just curious)
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Porked Tongue

We should give him a million extra to NOT have Sexton.

Hawg Life

November 13, 2017, 09:20:27 pm #248 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:35:01 pm by Hawg Life

Hawg Life

http://media.jrn.com/documents/Mike+Norvell's+contract.pdf

Page 19 of Norvell's contract you'll see Sexton's signature as a witness. Also, Sexton went to Tennessee, so it'll be interesting how this all plays out, but Michael Kelly Norvell wants to coach @ Arkansas.