Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by claycohog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Listen to the man!
  • #2 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  • Just heard it!  He wouldnít say it if he didnít believe it.
  • #3 by RazorHawg16 on 13 Nov 2017
  • He said that Jeff will be fired. If not it will be because he is taking another job. WOW!
  • #4 by bville_hog on 13 Nov 2017
  • say what?
  • #5 by Dropkick on 13 Nov 2017
  • .....and he said?
  • #6 by theFlyingHog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Listen to the man!
    Thanks for the link...
  • #7 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017

• He also said BB total buyout is more like $12M
  • #8 by Rock City Razorback on 13 Nov 2017
  • Who is Grant Hall and why should we believe anything he says?
  • #9 by snoblind on 13 Nov 2017
  • spill it.  don't get the show
  • #10 by Razorbackers on 13 Nov 2017
  • folks.
  • #11 by Pork Ranger on 13 Nov 2017
  • Rumor is JL isn't allowed to have a say in the new hire. Why would anyone think he'd still be here next year?
  • #12 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017

• Listening to Grant is like trying to do a jigsaw puzzle.  He does have some connections though.
  • #13 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017

You serious Clark?
  • #14 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  • #15 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017
  •  

I think Jl is AD in name only and may introduce the coach but not much else.

Anybody else shocked that the buyout IS $12M and not the $5M later reported.
  • #16 by Pork Ranger on 13 Nov 2017
  • Why is the buyout so hard to figure out?
  • #17 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  • Serious.

Shirley he canít be serious
  • #18 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  •  

No, Iíve said it all along.  I still think they may compromise around $9M
  • #19 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017

• For those that can't listen.  JL and BB is out.  Fans don't be anxious, powers ARE absolutely making changes.

Grant pretty emphatic Gus is a real possibility.
  • #20 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  •  

I'm sorry, did he give any reason he said it is $12m? Unless he's been given the info from Long, Varady, or Cornrich, which isn't happening, then he's blowing smoke.
  • #21 by The Boar War on 13 Nov 2017

• Anybody else shocked that the buyout IS $12M and not the $5M later reported.

According to Grant Hall.  Nothing against him but I've heard anything from 5-15 million and nothing that causes me to give more credit to one source over another.
  • #22 by online-with-swine on 13 Nov 2017
  • JL and BB gone:  Good
    Buyout at 12 mil:  Dang it
    Gus as real possibility:  Double dang it
  • #23 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  • JL and BB gone:  Good
    Buyout at 12 mil:  Dang it
    Gus as real possibility:  Double dang it

Throwing out whatever he can, got it.......
  • #24 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  • I'm sorry, did he give any reason he said it is $12m? Unless he's been given the info from Long, Varady, or Cornrich, which isn't happening, then he's blowing smoke.

Quoted Bobbitt
  • #25 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017

• He said there was another component with the foundation that pushes it back up to $12M that could/should get negotiated down. 

I think they're going to pay whatever to punt these two guys, it's just JL is an idiot (that's my observation not Grant's)

Said if there would have been a straw poll it would have been 8-2 against Long.  Didn't have to take it because Bobbit said he'd fix everything.  Thank god!!
  • #26 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  • Quoted Bobbitt

So, President Bobbitt is on record as saying the buyout is $12m, do we have any recording of this?
  • #27 by younghog on 13 Nov 2017
  • #28 by MissippHog on 13 Nov 2017
    He was the sports editor @ NWA Times, I think.
  • #29 by younghog on 13 Nov 2017
  • YAWN
  • #30 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017
  • So, President Bobbitt is on record as saying the buyout is $12m, do we have any recording of this?

No he said in addition to the $5.7M there was another component through the foundation that pushes it up to $12M.  My first thought was an annuity like all the other coaches for the past 30 years but man that's a big arse annuity so it might be something else
  • #31 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017
  • Grant's not getting this info from Bobbit but I've known GH for 30 years and while he's a little odd to me, he's been around forever and has tons of contacts much like Mike Irwin.
  • #32 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  • So, President Bobbitt is on record as saying the buyout is $12m, do we have any recording of this?

He said it, but I wasn't recording it.  He bounces around a lot between topics but I was listening carefully.
  • #33 by bville_hog on 13 Nov 2017
  • He was the sports editor @ NWA Times, I think.

He and Rick were the original hosts of Razorback talk radio when I was in school back in the early 80's.  Think it was 90 mins every monday.  no internet.  Still remember anxiously listening every week for the search to replace eddie sutton.  it was all Rollie Massimino up until they hired nolan, from what i remember. 
  • #34 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  • No he said in addition to the $5.7M there was another component through the foundation that pushes it up to $12M.  My first thought was an annuity like all the other coaches for the past 30 years but man that's a big arse annuity so it might be something else

So it wasn't Bobbitt, and it's relying on information from a private entity that isn't subject to a FOI?? I'll wait for further confirmation, because that won't be a plus for those wishing for dismissal.
  • #35 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  • He said it, but I wasn't recording it.  He bounces around a lot between topics but I was listening carefully.

President Bobbitt was on his show and said it?
  • #36 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  • So it wasn't Bobbitt, and it's relying on information from a private entity that isn't subject to a FOI?? I'll wait for further confirmation, because that won't be a plus for those wishing for dismissal.

IMO he referenced Bobbitt when talking about the $12M.  He was talking a bit in circles
  • #37 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017
  • So it wasn't Bobbitt, and it's relying on information from a private entity that isn't subject to a FOI?? I'll wait for further confirmation, because that won't be a plus for those wishing for dismissal.

A caller asked him if Jeff Long was 'fired' and Grant said 'basically yes'.  Said Jeff will be around until January and then leave for another job.  JL was told to go find a new job.
  • #38 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017
  • IMO he referenced Bobbitt when talking about the $12M.  He was talking a bit in circles

Ok, so nobody on record, just more speculation, thanks.
  • #39 by rhames on 13 Nov 2017
  • If long was getting fired,  why not fire him now?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • #40 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017
  • IMO he referenced Bobbitt when talking about the $12M.  He was talking a bit in circles

Yeah Grant's got the attention span of a nat.

He did say that Bobbit assured the BOT that they will get this all taken care of . 

Grant said Steinz has accepted the challenge of getting a new AD and HC.  Grant is really insinuating Gus will be the next HC
  • #41 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 13 Nov 2017
    This
  • #42 by onebadrubi on 13 Nov 2017
  • Grant's not getting this info from Bobbit but I've known GH for 30 years and while he's a little odd to me, he's been around forever and has tons of contacts much like Mike Irwin.

Irwin is great with history, but often wrong on things that aren't factually happening in the public view or already happened
  • #43 by Arkansas Traveler on 13 Nov 2017
  • Squares with what I have been hearing the past few days, minus the new buyout information.

• #44 by Calling All Hogs on 13 Nov 2017
  • I'm sorry, did he give any reason he said it is $12m? Unless he's been given the info from Long, Varady, or Cornrich, which isn't happening, then he's blowing smoke.
    I'm pretty sure the only way the buyout would go up from $5 million to $12 million is if they let Jeff Long negotiate it.
  • #45 by scottwillrazbackfan1 on 13 Nov 2017
  • News is starting come out more and more. Expect an announcement soon. Everyone (JL & BB) is twisting in the wind. Talk show hosts and others are freely saying OUT LOUD both are gone.
  • #46 by HF#1 on 13 Nov 2017
  • Sounds like he is trolling the wants and needs of Hogville.net
  • #47 by hog.goblin on 13 Nov 2017
  • At this point he is reading the play by play from the game...
  • #48 by tusked on 13 Nov 2017
  • News is starting come out more and more. Expect an announcement soon. Everyone (JL & BB) is twisting in the wind. Talk show hosts and others are freely saying OUT LOUD both are gone.

Yeah im a little surprised how frank GH is being, JL and BB are gone and a new AD and HC will be inplace for 2018.
  • #49 by rhames on 13 Nov 2017

What talk shows?
  • #50 by ricepig on 13 Nov 2017

Bret said today in his PC that Long hasn't spoken to him or his representation about his future at Arkansas.
Pages:
Actions