Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fresno State?

Started by Fan701, November 13, 2017, 12:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

Little mention of Fresno State on here, but, after all, that is our next game.  Can someone tell me anything about them? Are they supposed to be any good?  How would they rate compared to our first two opponents?

JayHog

It would be another top 100 win that the NCAA committee would see in March. They are listed just a little bit behind Bucknell.
Interestingly enough, LSU is 88th, and Fresno St is 89th. So it could be like playing LSU. They are a good team.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I'll be there and I want to see all of you there. 

This is a fun team.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 13, 2017, 12:53:37 pm
I'll be there and I want to see all of you there. 

This is a fun team.

Just bought tickets to NLR game against Troy. It'll be my 3 year old daughters first game!

gmarv

Fresno stayed with St. Marys who is ranked 21.Fresno lost by 9.

Dwight_K_Shrute

They play Cal St. Northridge tonight.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HF#1

Decent team, probably a step up from Bucknell.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BRHogfan

Fresno hit 7 straight 3-points in their first game against the Banana Slugs.  They finished 5-17 after that for 12-24.  They allowed UC Santa Cruz to shoot over 50%, but generated 23 turnovers on 12 steals.  They had 23 assists on 36 made buckets.  Only shot 57.1% from the free throw line. 

UC Santa Cruz went 12-13 last year in DIII, so they are horrible. 

Tony Perkis

Look for this to be the game where we come back to Earth a little bit.

hawgball40

Quote from: gmarv on November 13, 2017, 02:39:13 pm
Fresno stayed with St. Marys who is ranked 21.Fresno lost by 9.
The Gaels are probably a little bit over ranked. But also, its an instate matchup and probably a bit of a rivalry because of it.

pigroots

Let em come on in and run with the hogs...they'll be toast

Slater

I remember beating them in Phoenix when Tark was there
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

BRHogfan

Fresno State's defense was virtually invisible against Cal State Northridge. 

The Matador's were able to score 73 points on 46.3% shooting and went 8-16 from the 3-point line. 

The difference in the game was the Fresno State shot 62.5% and went 10-17 from the 3-point line to give them 89 points.  Cal state turned the ball over only 9 times, but 7 of them were Bulldog steals.  Fresno only turned in 7 times but 5 of those were Cal State steals.

Only one Bulldog shot under 50% for the game, and that was transfer Ray Bowles Jr. who went 2-8 and 0-3 from 3.

The bulk of their 3-point shooting came from Jahmel Taylor who went 6-7 off the bench. 

BRHogfan

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 14, 2017, 01:11:00 pm
Ahhhh I see you mentioned Bowles, was that a swipe at me perhaps ????   Just so you know anyone can have a bad game even our HOGS.   But this team is not to be taken lightly despite your subtle jab at my earlier post.  That's fine, hope you enjoyed yourself.  lol

No jab. If it had been any other player on the team, or maybe two players on the team, I probably would've called them out. 

It's super impressive to have all but one player shoot 50+% for a game. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 12:56:00 pm
Just bought tickets to NLR game against Troy. It'll be my 3 year old daughters first game!

I love it. Probably taking my two year old girl to Minnesota or Osu game.

GuvHog

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 14, 2017, 02:51:56 pm
No problem.  I'm a fan of UOP Tigers in Stockton, CA and so I follow them along with Fresno State mostly because of my Semi-pro baseball career in Modesto.    I know how people get excited and think we going to beat every opponent we face but this team does have some weaknesses and can't afford to get to cocky.  One game at a time I would tell my baseball team, back in the day.   ;)

The 6'11" 290 LB Center that Fresno has is reason for concern. Can Thompson bang with a guy THAT big??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

gmarv

Quote from: GuvHog on November 15, 2017, 06:34:39 am
The 6'11" 290 LB Center that Fresno has is reason for concern. Can Thompson bang with a guy THAT big??
Trey should be fine he is no 200 lb. bean pole himself.

brenthog

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 13, 2017, 01:32:27 pm
I know Fresno State.  Expect a better defensive team than what we have seen so far.     They have 6 players scoring in double figures, decent rebounding team also.  Not sure about charity stripe (FT).

One player I know in particular is a senior transfer by the name of Ray Bowles Jr who can flat out light it up and did so while at UOP in Stockton, CA.  He was the tigers leading scorer past 3 years before transferring because the head coach got into some trouble with the NCAA (UOP Probation).

The Hogs can't afford to be thinking of the Tourney (Bobby Knight) with Oklahoma (?) and take this team lightly.  But all things considered if the HOGS play their game.........they should win.

It's the Phil Knight. The Bobby Knight tourney would be more of a cross between Basketball and a No DQ Wrestling Match

Pinto

Quote from: brenthog on November 15, 2017, 07:20:14 am
It's the Phil Knight. The Bobby Knight tourney would be more of a cross between Basketball and a No DQ Wrestling Match

LMFAO @ Bobby Knight Invitational

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Guy sounds like Big O...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NWAHog479

This might be the best sentence I have ever seen on Hogville

bigred223

The better question... Can he run with our guys?

BRHogfan

Quote from: bigred223 on November 15, 2017, 12:45:06 pm
The better question... Can he run with our guys?

Not super worried about a guy that averaged 5.6 ppg in his best season last year.  His 1.0 Blocks per game average in 2 games against absolute scrubs doesn't scare me either, and neither do his 4.0 Rebounds. 

Hawg Red

Guy's about the same size as Trey. I doubt the team is going to give us Trey's updated weight number. He's gained weight without question.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 15, 2017, 12:50:23 pm
Guy's about the same size as Trey. I doubt the team is going to give us Trey's updated weight number. He's gained weight without question.

Trey is not fat, he is just big-boned.
Hogs up! Covid down!

1highhog

Sow Lancelot

...while dodging flying chairs.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

TX HOG

Will tickets be available outside BWA you think?

farfromgroovins

At home.....Hogs by 20+

38-30 at the half and then CMA gets the guys to turn it up a notch like FresNO St has never seen before.......82-60

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: TX HOG on November 17, 2017, 09:33:09 am
Will tickets be available outside BWA you think?

I'd say more than likely.  There's always some floating around.  Could be some turn backs at the window.  I think attendance is going to be really good for the game based on what I'm seeing on secondary sites.  14k would be a very good crowd for week before Thanksgiving.  Should still be decent numbers of open seats in lower bowl.  If you can only score upper tickets I'd get them, get in, sit in your seats and then wait for about 5 min into the game and look for open seats in lower section.  Pick one that has a decent number so that in case the people show up you can just slide over.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BassinHawg

I kinda hope this is a tough game/win , Hogs, and Mike, need a little adversity before the PK80 to see how they would handle it.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

USChog

They are our next opponent, and are sitting at 2-0. I made it to both games last weekend, but won't be able to make it tonight. My seats will be filled by a couple friends though. I look forward to a good game tonight and watching the second half from home later.

I was very excited for this season before it began, and my excitement level has only gone up!

Woo Pig Sooie and Fight On!

TX HOG

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2017, 10:01:05 am
I'd say more than likely.  There's always some floating around.  Could be some turn backs at the window.  I think attendance is going to be really good for the game based on what I'm seeing on secondary sites.  14k would be a very good crowd for week before Thanksgiving.  Should still be decent numbers of open seats in lower bowl.  If you can only score upper tickets I'd get them, get in, sit in your seats and then wait for about 5 min into the game and look for open seats in lower section.  Pick one that has a decent number so that in case the people show up you can just slide over.

Cool
Thanks.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BassinHawg on November 17, 2017, 10:05:46 am
I kinda hope this is a tough game/win , Hogs, and Mike, need a little adversity before the PK80 to see how they would handle it.

Fresno State has some very good guard play with experience. I think the Hogs will be leading by at least 4 points at halftime with Fresno taking a 4 to 6 point lead early in the second half and then the Hogs regaining control at around the 10 minute mark and closing out with a 12 point win. I would be very happy with that outcome.

Hogs up! Covid down!

1highhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 10:39:57 am
Fresno State has some very good guard play with experience. I think the Hogs will be leading by at least 4 points at halftime with Fresno taking a 4 to 6 point lead early in the second half and then the Hogs regaining control at around the 10 minute mark and closing out with a 12 point win. I would be very happy with that outcome.

Maybe, Fresno State has a decent team, but I see the Hogs blowing them out by 20 points or more after a competitive 1st half.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 1highhog on November 17, 2017, 10:51:24 am
Maybe, Fresno State has a decent team, but I see the Hogs blowing them out by 20 points or more after a competitive 1st half.

I could see that too but maybe we have an off night and still win. That's something they are going to have to know how to do as well.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Cotton

Really hope we play in the Bobby Knight instead next year lol
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

rwspear

jaredkr

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 13, 2017, 03:04:43 pm
Look for this to be the game where we come back to Earth a little bit.
Line started at 11..now 12... Thoughts?
I am Ray Finkel

Cotton

SECN+ I'm glad my Xbox streams high quality.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Dwight_K_Shrute

If a good crowd shows up and I think it will, look for a fast high scoring entertaining game.  I'm hopeful on attendance based on the fact that there is a FB game tomorrow so a lot of out of town fans will take the opportunity to see these guys.  They are a high energy/motor team and I can't wait to see what they can do with a full or even 3/4's full BWA behind them.  Barford and Macon love to get the crowd going and if it ends up being lob city like the Samford game the roof could come off.  Long and short of it, I'm stoked and after the season/week we've been having the SA's and Razorbacks need some love.

NWAHog479

The Hopson kid is a freak athlete, solid non-conference opponent for us... They made the NIT last year, head coach has done a good job he was an asst. coach for Rick Barnes at Texas. Hopefully they'll make it to post season play and help boost our RPI

HogsonHicks

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 15, 2017, 07:39:10 am
Guy sounds like Big O...

Big O was 6'9" and weighed 290 in the 8th grade.

phadedhawg

hopefully on a Friday night and no football game worth watching tomorrow we can get a decent crowd.

Kevin

cannot believe this is not on sec network. go to show uk vs east tenn state
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

1highhog

I wish I could be there, I would love to live closer and go to all the games, this team is going to be fun to watch.  I wish it was on SEC Network but they love their darling Kentucky.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2017, 10:01:05 am

You think we will actually have 14k show up? Man I wish I could have took the afternoon off so I could be at the game. The environment will be electric.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568