Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB Monday Presser

Started by Next1_04, November 13, 2017, 12:06:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

November 13, 2017, 12:06:30 pm Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:23:38 pm by Next1_04
Cole Kelley Suspended- Court Date Wednesday: "He has to know that to be a starting QB and a leader at Arkansas, you are held to a higher standard"

"Going to have to do a lot of growing up in a short amount of time. This week he'll have to understand about life w/o football. Will come back and address later".

Ty Clary- ACL Injury out 6 Weeks

On 11:00 Am Start: "Good for us as we have quite a bit of defensive recruits coming that could help us right away".

On Will Gragg: " I have liked will from day one, but he had to go through some stuff"

BB on if he or his representation has had any talks about his future: "No"

hogsanity

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 13, 2017, 12:06:30 pm
Cole Kelley Suspended

Ty Clary Torn ACL

Not surprised on the 1st.

If you really want to make a fortune, come up with a way to keep ACL's from tearing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorbackers

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 13, 2017, 12:06:30 pm

Ty Clary-Torn ACL out 6 Weeks

I don't want to make excuses for this staff, but jesus. This season has been brutal on our guys.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 13, 2017, 12:08:04 pm
I don't want to make excuses for this staff, but jesus. This season has been brutal on our guys.

Maybe they should do more 1 legged squats with a crap ton of weight.........  I bet that is good for the ACL....

twistitup

Clary should have never been out there....redshirts get kids ready for D1 football

Strength MAY have played a part here....what happened to that redshirt program he promised?

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

WoePigSooie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 13, 2017, 12:07:22 pm
Not surprised on the 1st.

If you really want to make a fortune, come up with a way to keep ACL's from tearing.

My son plays left guard (10th grade) on an Ohio team (made it to round two of the playoffs), I am already looking, per the recommendation of the trainer, special knee braces that are supposed to help prevent ACL/MCL tears.  Like $500.00 per brace.  Probably worth it if it helps at all.

Razorfox

Torn ACLs take 6 months to a year to recover from. 

bville_hog

Quote from: twistitup on November 13, 2017, 12:12:11 pm
Clary should have never been out there....redshirts get kids ready for D1 football

Imagine what he would have done as a 5th year senior.

twistitup

Quote from: WoePigSooie on November 13, 2017, 12:13:27 pm
My son plays left guard (10th grade) on an Ohio team (made it to round two of the playoffs), I am already looking, per the recommendation of the trainer, special knee braces that are supposed to help prevent ACL/MCL tears.  Like $500.00 per brace.  Probably worth it if it helps at all.

https://www.ossur.com/about-ossur/news-from-ossur/232-mvp-contour-knee-brace

STLhawg

+1

_Hamlet_

Kelley would not be playing anyways because his little toe is hurt.

FANONTHEHILL

Clary has an MCL.  Not an ACL.  About 6 weeks. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

247Hog

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on November 13, 2017, 12:10:54 pm
Maybe they should do more 1 legged squats with a crap ton of weight.........  I bet that is good for the ACL....
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

DeltaBoy

EXCUSES nothing more or less!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

Quote from: bville_hog on November 13, 2017, 12:13:48 pm
Imagine what he would have done as a 5th year senior.
red shirt next year to rehab the knee
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

The Hawg Marshal

Bret is putting up a good front for a guy who is leaving.

Kevin

bret is interviewing for his next job. set the agenda, for what his agent will say to sell him to other ad's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Piggfoot

Bret can't quit. Unless he takes a medical.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Kevin on November 13, 2017, 03:50:10 pm
bret is interviewing for his next job. set the agenda, for what his agent will say to sell him to other ad's
went to 3 rose bowls?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkSoda

Quote from: Kevin on November 13, 2017, 03:57:38 pm
long time ago
what about the last 5 years?

oh...been on vacation

I'm gonna guess, he doesn't want to list arkansas on his resume
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TeufelHog

November 13, 2017, 03:59:15 pm #21 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:48:19 pm by TeufelHog
If Cole Kelley is "indefinitely suspended," then why is he still listed on your depth chart twice for the MissState game . . . that you released this morning?  Come on, can we not even get simple stuff like this right?

Let me clarify . . . in his presser CBB said CK wouldn't be in the building this week and wouldn't play on Saturday.  Yet he missed the details of the "Depth Chart."  Just found it comical.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 13, 2017, 03:59:15 pm
If Cole Kelley is "indefinitely suspended," then why is he still listed on your depth chart twice for the MissState game . . . that you released this morning?  Come on, can we not even get simple stuff like this right?
that "indefinitely" could mean anything from the rest of the season, to about the time we run out of other QBs

Ex-Trumpet

ESPN said "indefinitely" and quoted CBB as saying that he would be reevaluated after MSU game.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Soooie21

We are almost there...the turnaround is coming..

PigPusher

Still banged up from when I played. Thankfully was able to move my son-growing up- into being a spectator so the remainder of his life could be be pain free as a result of injury.  Loved him too much to see him hurt. Would do it again.  Go Hogs!!!
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

FANONTHEHILL

The Oline all wear DonJoy knee braces.  Even when they go helmets and shells they're required to wear them.  I think they're the Defiance 3 model.  They are custom fit and made from carbon fiber.  Can't imagine what they cost. My son has seen limited game time, but they've saved him in practice on more than one occasion.  I imagine they saved Ty from a much worse injury (ACL/PCL).
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

havok

"Coach.. you think you and your staff have done enough to warrant an immediate firing?"

Coach BB:  "We're getting close".

twistitup

Quote from: havok on November 13, 2017, 06:31:35 pm
"Coach.. you think you and your staff have done enough to warrant an immediate firing?"

He's a clown....we are onto you big fella, yep that's right- nobody's buying your b.s. any longer

Pork Ranger

November 13, 2017, 06:53:19 pm #29 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:10:40 pm by BritneySpareRibs
Quote from: twistitup on November 13, 2017, 06:38:00 pm
He's a clown....we are onto you big fella, yep that's right- nobody's buying your b.s. any longer

Yeah but the jokes on all of us. He just got paid millions for 5 years and has a sweet severance package. All for doing nothing but embarrassing our beloved football team each year.

Really his 5 years are way more embarrassing than Petrino's one incident.

jneal56

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on November 13, 2017, 12:10:54 pm

If you knew anything about the human body then you wouldn't make such a sarcastic statement. I do my best not to talk about things that I know nothing to very little about. Too bad others don't follow suit.
"At least we are moral"

zane

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 13, 2017, 06:10:09 pm
The Oline all wear DonJoy knee braces.  Even when they go helmets and shells they're required to wear them.  I think they're the Defiance 3 model.  They are custom fit and made from carbon fiber.  Can't imagine what they cost. My son has seen limited game time, but they've saved him in practice on more than one occasion.  I imagine they saved Ty from a much worse injury (ACL/PCL).

I was going to say- Don Joy is far and away the most popular option.
RIP LSUfan

bennyl08

Strength MAY have played a part here....what happened to that redshirt program he promised?

Muscles don't protect ligaments. Take somebody who can squat 1000 pounds and somebody who can squat 100 pounds and apply just enough force to break the latter's ligament, and that same force will also break the former's ligament.

In general, more strength increases your odds that you'll be able to apply enough force to break a ligament.

You keep asking about what happened to that redshirt program he promised. You've been answered multiple times. That redshirt program's been firing on all cylinders. Maybe MSU has been doing a better job redshirting than we have, the past two seasons, but otherwise, we've redshirted the large majority of our past three classes now, with the only kids not redshirting being those that are very likely to be playing on sunday in the future and even then, we've redshirted many kids with very good potential to play in the NFL as well.

Plenty of good reasons to criticize the coaching staff. However, lack of redshirts isn't one of them.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hog N Bama

From Tusk Till Dawn

I've mentioned this in a previous thread or two.  Everyone gets riled up, so just remove the HC and our record from the conversation. 

In the presser they mentioned 50% of our games over the last 5 years were against ranked opponents and was the most difficult record in either the sec or all of college football, I don't remember which.  How crazy is that?  Im sure its similar with all sec west schools but curious how that stacks up against other conferences.  Bottom line, not an easy gig.

The Hawg Marshal

For that period of time most of the SECW has been ranked with a few exceptions. We haven't been ranked very often in that same time period , So the other members of the SECW have one less ranked team on their schedule usually.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 13, 2017, 08:53:51 pm
I've mentioned this in a previous thread or two.  Everyone gets riled up, so just remove the HC and our record from the conversation. 

In the presser they mentioned 50% of our games over the last 5 years were against ranked opponents and was the most difficult record in either the sec or all of college football, I don't remember which.  How crazy is that?  Im sure its similar with all sec west schools but curious how that stacks up against other conferences.  Bottom line, not an easy gig.

CBP went 34-17 over 4 years and 43% of his games were against ranked opponents.  That's a difference of about 1 game per year.  If we want to complain about the schedule, we should go to the sunbelt and start getting creamed by AState every year under this leadership.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

LZH

Quote from: havok on November 13, 2017, 06:31:35 pm

Now that is funny.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 14, 2017, 06:48:52 am
CBP went 34-17 over 4 years and 43% of his games were against ranked opponents.  That's a difference of about 1 game per year.  If we want to complain about the schedule, we should go to the sunbelt and start getting creamed by AState every year under this leadership.
You must have skipped the entire first paragraph of my post.  Im well aware that CBP was successful here, he was still only 500 against ranked teams and he would have leveled out like hes done with Louisville at some point had he not been a motorcycle enthusiast.  My point was more in line with what a tough job it is vs. other places.  There are other jobs who have a path of less resistance that may look much more attractive.  That is something CBB underestimated and will likely happen to the next guy if he doesnt bring something unique to the table such as CBP did.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: jneal56 on November 13, 2017, 07:13:01 pm
If you knew anything about the human body then you wouldn't make such a sarcastic statement. I do my best not to talk about things that I know nothing to very little about. Too bad others don't follow suit.

It was a shot at the strength and conditioning coach. But I apologize for hurting your feelings please forgive me almighty and knowing one!

jneal56

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on November 14, 2017, 09:47:18 am
It was a shot at the strength and conditioning coach. But I apologize for hurting your feelings please forgive me almighty and knowing one!

I don't normally do this but you are forgiven. You may now go about your day without the fret of my wrath.
"At least we are moral"

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 13, 2017, 07:50:31 pm

You keep asking about what happened to that redshirt program he promised. You've been answered multiple times. That redshirt program's been firing on all cylinders. Maybe MSU has been doing a better job redshirting than we have, the past two seasons, but otherwise, we've redshirted the large majority of our past three classes now, with the only kids not redshirting being those that are very likely to be playing on sunday in the future and even then, we've redshirted many kids with very good potential to play in the NFL as well.

Plenty of good reasons to criticize the coaching staff. However, lack of redshirts isn't one of them.

It's year 5- if he's been building a redshift program for this long we should have a better, deeper, more developed and fundamentally sound football team at EVERY position

What happened?

Remember...we barely beat CC.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 14, 2017, 07:31:36 am
You must have skipped the entire first paragraph of my post.  Im well aware that CBP was successful here, he was still only 500 against ranked teams and he would have leveled out like hes done with Louisville at some point had he not been a motorcycle enthusiast.  My point was more in line with what a tough job it is vs. other places.  There are other jobs who have a path of less resistance that may look much more attractive.  That is something CBB underestimated and will likely happen to the next guy if he doesnt bring something unique to the table such as CBP did.

I wish CBB was 50% against ranked opponents, much better than his 7-22 showing.  My only point is every coach has had to deal with tough schedules, and they  have performed much better than the current staff.  This should never be used as an excuse.  The schedule should be motivation to do your damn job better than the other guy.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on November 14, 2017, 12:01:20 pm
It's year 5- if he's been building a redshift program for this long we should have a better, deeper, more developed and fundamentally sound football team at EVERY position

What happened?

Remember...we barely beat CC.

We are incredibly deep. We aren't as well developed and fundamentally sound because of the coaching staff that won't be here this time next year. That has led to a team that isn't living up to their potential due to the coaching staff that isn't working out as well as players giving up on the season same as you see in CBB. I mean, we've seen outright regression in players this year which is exceptionally rare in college football.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Razorfox on November 13, 2017, 12:13:33 pm
Torn ACLs take 6 months to a year to recover from.
That is shorter than the time it takes to recover from a Bielema attack.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawgon

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 13, 2017, 07:50:31 pm
Muscles don't protect ligaments. Take somebody who can squat 1000 pounds and somebody who can squat 100 pounds and apply just enough force to break the latter's ligament, and that same force will also break the former's ligament.

In general, more strength increases your odds that you'll be able to apply enough force to break a ligament.

The redshirt program isn't working worth a damn if we are in the position of starting a lightly recruited true freshman on the offensive line.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 14, 2017, 02:13:02 pm
I wish CBB was 50% against ranked opponents, much better than his 7-22 showing.  My only point is every coach has had to deal with tough schedules, and they  have performed much better than the current staff.  This should never be used as an excuse.  The schedule should be motivation to do your damn job better than the other guy.
We can agree to disagree.  Feels like you are just choosing to be defensive rather than see the fact for what it is.  This isnt 'poor little arkansa' syndrome or an excuse for losing, this is fact.  We had the toughest schedule in the toughest conference in America and 'every coach' doesn't have to deal with that.  I agree with you that you can use it as a motivational factor and hopefully that leads to more wins.  Unfortunately, since joining the sec, that motivation has only materialized into wins about 45% of the time.