Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will a search firm be used again?

Started by mj4president, November 14, 2017, 08:26:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

First, are these things just used so schools can say "they didn't contact" so and so?

Secondly, can the school tell the firm who to reach out to and vice versa?

Who are the prominent firm with sports related search firms?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

redeye

QuoteFirst, are these things just used so schools can say "they didn't contact" so and so?

I think that's one reason.

QuoteSecondly, can the school tell the firm who to reach out to and vice versa?

Not sure about that, but I really hope a search firm isn't used.  If we use a search firm, then it's probably an indication that we have no good leads. 

Secondly, search firms operate on the principle that the most desirable coaches are offered to the most desirable schools, first, and then work down a hierarchical list.  In other words, Tennessee will likely be given first choice to the better coaches and Arkansas will be 2nd, 3rd or 4th on the list.

grayhawg

Why do we need a search firm, according to sources we have 3 coaches just waiting in line.

colbs

The last time this happen we got Pelphery.

mj4president

Quote from: colbs on November 14, 2017, 09:51:05 pm
The last time this happen we got Pelphery.

Mother of God. Lol, what a bad hire.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Mike_e

If the rumor that TPTB want to go all Arkansas are true then the only two prospects I can think of are Mike Norvell and Butch Davis.

I can easily see hiring Norvell. 

Butch is in his mid to late 60's and would likely only be here a few years before we'd have to start all over.  So unless there was an OC or DC that TPTB wanted groomed to take over we'd have to start this mess all over really soon.

So, my question is, is there an OC or DC out there that they're singling out?

If not then Norvell is our guy.

Edit:
My fear is that if this movement was just to hire Gus then the backlash might just nix the whole deal and we get left with the current crew.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

smb

Quote from: grayhawg on November 14, 2017, 09:48:15 pm
Why do we need a search firm, according to sources we have 3 coaches just waiting in line.
What sources would that be? Dilly! Dilly!
GeorgiaHOG