Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-Emergence of Razorback Basketball:

Started by Golferhog, November 13, 2017, 09:12:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Golferhog

In most cases, the team with the best guards wins.  Check back through Razorback history and when we've won big, it's been with great guard play.  Moncrief, Brewer, Delph, Robertson, Beck, McDaniels, Mayberry, Day, Crawford, Reed, Bradley.  I'm leaving that many more out.  As long as Barford and Macon can stay healthy, this should be a very exciting year.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Gonzo

Sshh, it's the most positive thread in MMQB currently

Go Hogs!

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

EastexHawg

Might want to tap the brakes until after we play someone a little stouter than Samford and Bucknell.  Oklahoma and Houston are coming up.  Those games will tell us a little more.

Gonzo

Huh, guess I missed where the OP made any predictions other than it looks like the Hogs could have a pretty exciting team. Having watched the first two games, I completely agree.

They posted solid wins against a couple teams they should post solid wins against if they're going to be in the SEC and NCAAT hunt. One of those teams is a perennial Patriot league winner and considered one of the better mid-majors. I'd say the results were pretty encouraging.

I may try to get to the Fresno St game while up for football and Thanksgiving, and definitely looking forward to the tourney over the holiday, could be a big chance to gain some notice.

Go Hogs!

ipigsooie

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 13, 2017, 09:30:28 am
Might want to tap the brakes until after we play someone a little stouter than Samford and Bucknell.  Oklahoma and Houston are coming up.  Those games will tell us a little more.

Probably 2 tourney teams. I agree it gets tougher but it's hard not to be excited about this group. They play with a mission. This is the best group of players that fit the system since MA has been here. WpS

1highhog

I agree, this is the very first time I've been able to watch a whole game of basketball since MA has been here.  This is the basketball I remember since the glory days of Nolan, and I like it.  This is going to be a fun year, will there be growing pains and some losses, sure thing, but these young men play with purpose, and I love it.  I will be going to some games this year for sure.