Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There's got to be leaks from players to students.

Started by mj4president, November 12, 2017, 09:36:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Not Ryan Mallet messing up the dorm leak but you get what I'm saying. Anyone know anyone attending U of A? What  are they saying?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

NuttinItUp

mj4president

No way, players I think would get a heads up prior to it breaking.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: mj4president on November 12, 2017, 09:43:18 pm
They would be the last to know right before it comes out
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

November 12, 2017, 10:33:03 pm #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:22:43 pm by factchecker
Quote from: mj4president on November 12, 2017, 09:43:18 pm

Not true.

Hogville knew about Pittman leaving before many players knew.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

What do you want to know? 

Players actually by a large percentage really like and support Bielema.  There are one or two position coaches not very well liked among players, surprisingly to me Anderson is really liked in the Oline room.  Players aren't stupid, they know it's possible a change could be made after this season.   They also honestly believe they are playing hard and fighting for this coach, it's just not working out. 

Also a side note, there are unfortunately many players currently upset with the fanbase.  They have been called many things when walking off the field and during games that really suprised some of them.  As I've been told, it's not just a comment about a fumble or one bad play, it's been multiple games and multiple just really bad things.  They are disturbed and bothered by these comments.

Players won't have time to leak any news unless Bielema resigns, in my opinion.  If he were to resign, I could see a team meeting called and he let them know what's about to go on.  If he's canned I assume it's made and he's give. A short time to talk to players as it's being leaked right before a press conference. 

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 12, 2017, 11:02:34 pm

Players actually by a large percentage really like and support Bielema.  There are one or two position coaches not very well liked among players, surprisingly to me Anderson is really liked in the Oline room.  Players aren't stupid, they know it's possible a change could be made after this season.   They also honestly believe they are playing hard and fighting for this coach, it's just not working out. 

Also a side note, there are unfortunately many players currently upset with the fanbase.  They have been called many things when walking off the field and during games that really suprised some of them.  As I've been told, it's not just a comment about a fumble or one bad play, it's been multiple games and multiple just really bad things.  They are disturbed and bothered by these comments.

Players won't have time to leak any news unless Bielema resigns, in my opinion.  If he were to resign, I could see a team meeting called and he let them know what's about to go on.  If he's canned I assume it's made and he's give. A short time to talk to players as it's being leaked right before a press conference. 

Where did you get any of this information?
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

porkrindjimmy

East Clintwood

And that's the hardest way to do it.

Thick air is much better as an information source.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Missooie

He is right. I've heard the same thing, although that doesn't mean it is true. I've heard from a guy who heard from a guy who knows someone on the team (not even joking) so it absolutely must be true.

Missooie

Also heard that some of the team leaders are not very well liked by some of the other players. Take it for what it's worth.

southeasthog

Quote from: Missooie on November 13, 2017, 06:06:33 am
He is right. I've heard the same thing, although that doesn't mean it is true. I've heard from a guy who heard from a guy who knows someone on the team (not even joking) so it absolutely must be true.

This guy knows a guy on the team.

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 13, 2017, 05:00:51 am
Where did you get any of this information?

And.... It's not a friend of a friend.

hawgon

Ask and you shall receive.  Check out this tweet from Saturday night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CMorse418/status/929606358307131392

CK was doing a little celebrating.

mj4president

Players seem to always back the coach. Ex. John L Smith lol

jgphillips3

Players will probably leak when the announcement is less than 24 hours away.  However, I doubt seriously that they have been told anything definitive at this point.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 13, 2017, 05:51:23 am

Speaking of thick air, I made some Paul Eels chili cheese dip Saturday.  My wife is just now starting to recover from the Dutch Oven she had to endure the whole night.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RME

ke2743

I have to disagree with you here.  I know a player on the team and they are not happy with Bret and several other coaches.  In fact, he is even considering leaving if Bret is retained for next year. 

The Hawg Marshal

I've heard different about Andersons popularity with the players.

hawgon

Quote from: ke2743 on November 13, 2017, 09:16:20 am
I have to disagree with you here.  I know a player on the team and they are not happy with Bret and several other coaches.  In fact, he is even considering leaving if Bret is retained for next year.

Plays favorites too much?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hawgon on November 13, 2017, 09:21:27 am
I've heard a certain coach doesn't like being made fun of, to the degree that he wouldn't play the best players if they were guilty of it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 13, 2017, 09:50:16 am
I read the whole post and before I read the name on it was almost fooled into believing it.  Oneredrubi come up with some of the most rediculous post I've read on HV.

Oh really?  Like what?  To make a statement such as that you shouldn't have any issue coming up with proof to back it up. 

This came from a current player.  I will not share his name in the open like this.  I will howeve share it with a mod as done in the past or FOTH to verify.

Grunt

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 13, 2017, 05:51:23 am

Your news lady has caused me to sin in my mind, for I am deeply enamored of her.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 13, 2017, 12:32:50 pm
Oh really?  Like what?  To make a statement such as that you shouldn't have any issue coming up with proof to back it up. 

This came from a current player.  I will not share his name in the open like this.  I will howeve share it with a mod as done in the past or FOTH to verify.

I messaged with onebadrubi and got his perspective and source.  There are over 100 guys on the roster and they have different perceptions and different things effect them different ways.  After talking, I have no doubt that what he shared is accurate.  Again, one players perception of things can be the polar opposite of another players, but I believe onebadrubi is giving an accurate description of what he was told.   I personally have heard similar statements and I've also heard the opposite.  No one is on the same page.  I think that's a testament to the current level of dysfunction. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Grunt

Doesn't matter. This is a team, a season, a program that has gone to sh*t. Hypocrite fired BP for Sunday School and now stinks.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

hawgon

It's just like when Hootie was coach.  His favorites love him.  Those who aren't "his guys" think he is a fat boob.

ricepig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 13, 2017, 01:45:22 pm
apparently one of our posters was close enough to the sidelines at the Auburn game and witnessed some things with players (his post).  Also, a Razorback mom of a defensive player (?) was crying and saying if BERT wasn't fired then this player (?) would transfer.

NOTE:  Can't remember the post or who made it but it was the Auburn game (his take).

Probably wasn't seeing the field, happens everywhere.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 13, 2017, 08:28:14 am
Lol.

Keep pushin, my man.

https://twitter.com/CMorse418/status/930073860518629376
Are these the Twitter posts that said Cole Kelly and his boys were doing shots Saturday night in celebration of Bielema's impending employment demise?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 13, 2017, 01:49:15 pm
Are these the Twitter posts that said Cole Kelly and his boys were doing shots Saturday night in celebration of Bielema's impending employment demise?

I'm late to the party...every time I click the links the pages don't exist.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

code red

I think our play on the field pretty much sums up what you need to know about our locker room.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HoggieStyle

They're gone now, so who knows?

ricepig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 13, 2017, 01:52:55 pm

Rice, I looked for the post but couldn't find it.   A lot was said (observations) of the demeanor of the players on the sidelines as well as the mom.   Maybe you can find it, interesting post.

I read it when it was posted, as I said, usually those unhappy aren't playing.

RME

Yes. The initial Tweet was a joke Tweet that sensationalists and those who will believe anything believed.

The Tweet that I posted was the same guy following up basically saying, "Chill. That wasn't real."

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HoggieStyle on November 13, 2017, 01:52:46 pm
They're gone now, so who knows?
Yeah I'm sure they have been taken down.  But I was talking to someone who saw the "celebration party" tweet in real time.  Just wondered if it was these.

dalefromspringdale

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 13, 2017, 01:56:10 pm
Yeah I'm sure they have been taken down.  But I was talking to someone who saw the "celebration party" tweet in real time.  Just wondered if it was these.

This "this celebration party" happens every Saturday night. It just gets blown out of proportion when they lose.

ke2743

Quote from: hawgon on November 13, 2017, 09:21:27 am

No, he actually plays a substantial amount of time.  He just doesn't like the way the personnel handles things and doesn't like the atmosphere they bring.

ke2743

apparently one of our posters was close enough to the sidelines at the Auburn game and witnessed some things with players (his post).  Also, a Razorback mom of a defensive player (?) was crying and saying if BERT wasn't fired then this player (?) would transfer.

NOTE:  Can't remember the post or who made it but it was the Auburn game (his take).

We may know the same mom. 

onebadrubi

Was this the post about a recruits parents saying they couldn't believe how the fans treated their own players?  It was during one of those brutal times this season where the staff's lack of effort was proven on the field, IMO

onebadrubi

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 13, 2017, 01:41:25 pm
I messaged with onebadrubi and got his perspective and source.  There are over 100 guys on the roster and they have different perceptions and different things effect them different ways.  After talking, I have no doubt that what he shared is accurate.  Again, one players perception of things can be the polar opposite of another players, but I believe onebadrubi is giving an accurate description of what he was told.   I personally have heard similar statements and I've also heard the opposite.  No one is on the same page.  I think that's a testament to the current level of dysfunction.

Thanks FOTH.  I'm by no means saying every player feels the same way.  I fully believe players like clary feel different than Hammonds, morgan different than Baptiste and so forth. 

I have real issues with obvious coaching decisions with whose playing, I'm positive players do as well. I was quite amazed however, that this staff still had some players attention and support. 

COACHINTEXAS

Ummmm, totally different story from what a starter told me during their off week. I was told and I quote "Bielema is not the same coach that recruited me; he's worried about his reputation and show more than the team"
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

Pork Twain

November 13, 2017, 11:14:36 pm #40 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:17:33 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: mj4president on November 12, 2017, 09:36:49 pm
Not Ryan Mallet messing up the dorm leak but you get what I'm saying. Anyone know anyone attending U of A? What  are they saying?
Because coaches make a habit of talking about getting fired in front of the players?  I mean, I believe they can get a vibe or a feel for what is going on but as has been mentioned several times, it is likely to vary from one player to the next.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WoePigSooie

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on November 13, 2017, 10:58:51 pm
Ummmm, totally different story from what a starter told me during their off week. I was told and I quote "Bielema is not the same coach that recruited me; he's worried about his reputation and show more than the team"

If Bielema is worried about his reputation it seems to be a bit late.  Pretty sure putting the best players on the field and putting them in a position to succeed and winning some games would have taken care of the " reputation".  His reputation, at this point, is basically a reflection of his coaching ability.   Or lack thereof.

onebadrubi

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on November 13, 2017, 10:58:51 pm

Hard to defend himself if an AD were to ask why did you have a freshman blue shirt starting over merrick or Wallace.  Or how does a play maker like TJ ride the pine, etc. 

I definitely agree with the first part however.  There are roughly 150 people Bielema has either employed, recruited, or staffed.   I think you could get 120 or more different stories or philosophies.  Some like the guy, some support the guy, some can't wait for his replacement, some even wish he'd probably stay but get a better supporting cast, and I bet even someone wishes we had a special teams coach.

We won't know many of the truths until this staff is broken up. Like many times in the past, assistant coaches will release a little info here and there at their next stop, players will say a few tidbits to media in the spring as well if a new coach and staff are in place.