Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Fisher

Started by IronMountainHog, November 13, 2017, 07:32:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

Currently out of work. 22 years as an NFL head Coach. I could see him being a quick fix and bringing instant credibility to this program. I watched him on Hard Knocks last year on the Rams and this guy can flat out coach.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 13, 2017, 07:32:03 pm
Currently out of work. 22 years as an NFL head Coach. I could see him being a quick fix and bringing instant credibility to this program. I watched him on Hard Knocks last year on the Rams and this guy can flat out coach.

He can flat out coach so well he's tied for the most losses win NFL history.  Would have the record but the Rams fired him with a couple games left in last season.

Potosihog

No way.  Look at what he did with the rams. And if you think Petrino was bad with the media....

IronMountainHog

AFC champion (1999)
AFC Central champion (2000)
2x AFC South champions (2002, 2008)
NFL postseason appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008)

Won 171 games and also coached in a Super Bowl. It's about time we had a P Rick as a coach and whipped these boys into shape. We can see what Lobster and PB and J's kind of coaches do around here.

hog.goblin

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 13, 2017, 07:32:03 pm

He's never coached college football.  EVER

Great pro-coach, particularly on the defensive side of the ball and early in his career.  But what the Rams are doing as a team just one year later, particularly on offense, makes me think the game has passed him by.

Boardon Hamsay

Does he have any Arkansas ties whatsoever? I get the sense that this hire will have Arkansas ties. We have a wheel of strategy that we spin and it has 2 options: outsider/no Arkansas ties guy (or for Delta, a carpetbagger) and Arkansas ties guy. The last two hires without Arkansas ties did not pan out so I have to think we go back to the other ditch and get an Arkansas ties guy. I also get the feeling we are due for another GOBN up cycle around the athletic delt, at least compared to the last 5 years or so.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hawginj

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 13, 2017, 08:09:46 pm
Does he have any Arkansas ties whatsoever? I get the sense that this hire will have Arkansas ties. We have a wheel of strategy that we spin and it has 2 options: outsider/no Arkansas ties guy (or for Delta, a carpetbagger) and Arkansas ties guy. The last two hires without Arkansas ties did not pan out so I have to think we go back to the other ditch and get an Arkansas ties guy. I also get the feeling we are due for another GOBN up cycle around the athletic delt, at least compared to the last 5 years or so.
I have no qualms with an Arkansas  AD as long as it's along the lines of a Hatfied type of AD I know hes up in years but would be nice.

Dr. Leonard Ford

Inbreeding will be the death of this athletic program.  Look at what it does to families.  We need the most qualified individuals period.  There should be no prerequisite that an AD or HFC have Arkansas ties.

Hawginj

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on November 13, 2017, 08:57:33 pm
Inbreeding will be the death of this athletic program.  Look at what it does to families.  We need the most qualified individuals period.  There should be no prerequisite that an AD or HFC have Arkansas ties.
I don't disagree I don't believe it should be any prerequisites on the hire just believe it would be a good gesture to Hatfield

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on November 13, 2017, 08:57:33 pm

I agree and hope our administration doesn't allow GOBN Part 2 to set up shop in the FOC.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

clutch

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 13, 2017, 08:09:46 pm

He duck hunts in Northeast Arkansas haha. I've seen him multiple times.

Can't believe there is 2 Jeff Fischer threads. He's the definition of average. He was great at going 8-8.

Tony Perkis

I'm a Titans fan. You don't want this.

Hogwild