Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wonder where ESPN bracketology will put the hogs after this one

Started by checkraiser88, November 12, 2017, 08:10:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

We have to be in the field!! I honestly think we'll be 1 or 2 Seed, that's how good we are! You'll see come Oklahoma/North Carolina!

Rome26

I know it's way too early for bracketology but this one has us as a 5th seed. And that's before our win over Bucknell.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/bracketology/

theFlyingHog

1 or 2 seed in THE tournament? I don't think we're there yet but sure could be at the end of the season

Adam Stokes

I know that kool aid is tasty but these will probably be the two worst teams we play in our non-con schedule. I love how well we've come out of the gate, but let's wait for the end of the PK80 before we let ourselves get too excited. We've just been watching too much football.

SPAL

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 12, 2017, 09:00:41 pm
I know that kool aid is tasty but these will probably be the two worst teams we play in our non-con schedule. I love how well we've come out of the gate, but let's wait for the end of the PK80 before we let ourselves get too excited.

Ha, at first I thought you were full of it, but then I researched our remaining out of conference schedule. You aren't entirely kidding. All 20-plus win teams last year with plenty of firepower back this year. The exception is ORU. They are terrible. I think you should give more credit to Samford and Bucknell. Even though our pre-season slate is super competitive, they are not even close to the worst two teams.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 12, 2017, 09:17:36 pm
Ha, at first I thought you were full of it, but then I researched our remaining out of conference schedule. You aren't entirely kidding. All 20-plus win teams last year with plenty of firepower back this year. The exception is ORU. They are terrible. I think you should give more credit to Samford and Bucknell. Even though our pre-season slate is super competitive, they are not even close to the worst two teams.

Yeah, probably should've said "just about the worst." We may also get DePaul in the PK80 if things fall the wrong way, and they won't be any good this year. I'm just happy to see us not playing down to our competition as we have in years past.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 12, 2017, 09:34:44 pm
Yeah, probably should've said "just about the worst." We may also get DePaul in the PK80 if things fall the wrong way, and they won't be any good this year. I'm just happy to see us not playing down to our competition as we have in years past.

Yeah, agreed. Overall, this is a completely different type of OOC schedule than we've seen in the past. Insanely competitive.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

RzrbckMAJ

Bucknell won 26 last year and we handled them pretty well.  I do agree that we should wait until after the PK80 tournament before fully jumping into excitement mode.
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
-- General George S. Patton, Jr

PonderinHog

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 12, 2017, 09:37:10 pm
Yeah, agreed. Overall, this is a completely different type of OOC schedule than we've seen in the past. Insanely competitive.
And so are we!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

razorhog52

I'd take a 4 seed right now, but honestly put this team about a 7 seed at best.

PonderinHog

blu

Quote from: razorhog52 on November 12, 2017, 09:53:36 pm
I'd take a 4 seed right now, but honestly put this team about a 7 seed at best.

After 2 games, I find this prediction totally without merit (being polite). We were what a 7 or 8 seed last year? Compare this one to lasts right now. We could end up being really crappy against OU and others in the PK80, or we could shine. Anyone predicting our seeding based on these 2 games is posting without adequate data to perform an analysis. Give this team a chance to show us what they can do before we get gushy or down 'em. We're showing signs of a new level of competitiveness which is very encouraging. Let's give Mike a chance to get it sorted out. He may, just may have learned a thing or two about that from his vaunted mentor.

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

MakingPlays

Quote from: blu on November 12, 2017, 10:24:42 pm
After 2 games, I find this prediction totally without merit (being polite). We were what a 7 or 8 seed last year? Compare this one to lasts right now. We could end up being really crappy against OU and others in the PK80, or we could shine. Anyone predicting our seeding based on these 2 games is posting without adequate data to perform an analysis. Give this team a chance to show us what they can do before we get gushy or down 'em. We're showing signs of a new level of competitiveness which is very encouraging. Let's give Mike a chance to get it sorted out. He may, just may have learned a thing or two about that from his vaunted mentor.

To be fair all the bracketlogy stuff is right now is just opinions without much merit, because hardly any games have been played.  And as of right now Arkansas has beaten 2 teams projected to win their conference and be in the NCAA tournament.  Having quality wins like that is impressive especially blowing them out.  I think you'll see some updated brackets next week reflect this and us having a big jump in our predictions on there.  Think Lunardi has us as a first 4 out, we'll probably be firmly in the field around an 8 or 9 range in his updated bracket.

HogFansReunited

Way to early to even think about who will be seeded where.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ShadowHawg

According to Collegeinsider, Bucknell is a top 10 mid major team. I would put them ahead of Troy, Colorado State, Fresno, ORU, and Cal Bakersfield.

I don't believe handling them is confirmation of greatness but definitely a sign this team is currently tracking toward a NCAA berth and a contender for the SEC championship.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 12, 2017, 09:00:41 pm
I know that kool aid is tasty but these will probably be the two worst teams we play in our non-con schedule. I love how well we've come out of the gate, but let's wait for the end of the PK80 before we let ourselves get too excited. We've just been watching too much football.

They are both top 20 mid major teams. Samford is #20 and Bucknell is #6. Samford is picked #2 in their league and have a very good chance of being a tourney team. Bucknell was a tourney team last year with their whole team back and a ton of seniors.

Saying "the worst" teams on our schedule is just not a good way to put that in fact it's more than likely not true at all.

SPAL

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 12, 2017, 11:03:17 pm
According to Collegeinsider, Bucknell is a top 10 mid major team. I would put them ahead of Troy, Colorado State, Fresno, ORU, and Cal Bakersfield.

I don't believe handling them is confirmation of greatness but definitely a sign this team is currently tracking toward a NCAA berth and a contender for the SEC championship.

Bucknell is Def not one of the worst reams we will play.

gmarv

We will get a early comparsion look,doesn,t Bucknell play N.C. next?

SoonerSooie

Quote from: RzrbckMAJ on November 12, 2017, 09:41:20 pm
Bucknell won 26 last year and we handled them pretty well.  I do agree that we should wait until after the PK80 tournament before fully jumping into excitement mode.

I am trying really hard not to be over the top excited about this team. I just keep asking myself: Are the Hogs really this good, or were Samford and Bucknell just that bad"-- Or, is it both? The ease with which the Hogs handled both teams has been more than impressive. Now, how do they handle going on the road and in a hostile environment? We shall soon see!

WPS!

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

RaisinHog

I think coach Anderson said it best in the post game ... What's going too happen when the shots don't fall .. cause it's gona happen ,

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: SoonerSooie on November 13, 2017, 06:51:48 am
I am trying really hard not to be over the top excited about this team. I just keep asking myself: Are the Hogs really this good, or were Samford and Bucknell just that bad"-- Or, is it both? The ease with which the Hogs handled both teams has been more than impressive. Now, how do they handle going on the road and in a hostile environment? We shall soon see!

WPS!
I've been feeling the exact same. Last year I knew we were going to be good because we won all the OOC games we were supposed to win tho some were hard fought. This year were destroying them. This is how elite teams handle mid majors. I'm ready for our first road test tho.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I won't fault myself or anyone else for getting overly excited. With a downtrodden football program and a B.B. program that has been stuck in neutral for 15-20 years it's time to get excited for something other than baseball !

GuvHog

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 13, 2017, 07:41:50 am
I've been feeling the exact same. Last year I knew we were going to be good because we won all the OOC games we were supposed to win tho some were hard fought. This year were destroying them. This is how elite teams handle mid majors. I'm ready for our first road test tho.

Not so fast on the road game. Let's let them get another home game against Fresno State under their belts before they start doing the road thing. Fresno State is no slouch either. Their Center is 6"11' 290 LBS. The Hogs are gonna have to out maneuver him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorback1829

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 08:01:09 am
Not so fast on the road game. Let's let them get another home game against Fresno State under their belts before they start doing the road thing. Fresno State is no slouch either. Their Center is 6"11' 290 LBS. The Hogs are gonna have to out maneuver him.

Big boy is gonna have to run next Friday!

sigpooie

Comps have moved us up from low 30s to #25.. Moore has us at 15.. Massey has us winning all but 5 games at #23. This is a top 3 seed year.. Welcome to our world we use to enjoy every year..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

theFlyingHog

I hope we make a strong run. I spent a crapload of money on tickets to the Kentucky game

Tony Perkis

Quote from: sigpooie on November 13, 2017, 08:13:11 am
Comps have moved us up from low 30s to #25.. Moore has us at 15.. Massey has us winning all but 5 games at #23. This is a top 3 seed year.. Welcome to our world we use to enjoy every year..
I'm as excited as anyone, but I feel like we may be getting a little out in front of ourselves after 2 games.

Hogwop

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 13, 2017, 09:23:59 am
I'm as excited as anyone, but I feel like we may be getting a little out in front of ourselves after 2 games.

Hog fans need something positive right now. Who cares if we "get ahead of ourselves"? Just enjoy the wins and be optimistic until you have a reason not to be
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

AugustaHog

They've looked outstanding the last two games.  Those two teams are pretty solid and we floored them.  I will be interested to see us play an athletic team that matches up better than those two did.  If somebody can run and shoot well from outside, I think they will give us fits.  If we tidy up the perimeter D, this team has the makings of a deep tourney squad.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Hogwop on November 13, 2017, 10:05:34 am
Hog fans need something positive right now. Who cares if we "get ahead of ourselves"? Just enjoy the wins and be optimistic until you have a reason not to be
I feel ya.

Hawgdrummer7

Somebody has to say it.

Seems like we felt this way at the beginning of the 08-09 season. Going like 12-1 non-con iirc. Seemed like it was going to be a fantastic year, then we just fell apart.

Don't think it'll be like that this year, but we shouldn't forget that mess of a season.
Woo Pig Drum

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgdrummer7 on November 13, 2017, 11:07:15 am
Somebody has to say it.

Seems like we felt this way at the beginning of the 08-09 season. Going like 12-1 non-con iirc. Seemed like it was going to be a fantastic year, then we just fell apart.

Don't think it'll be like that this year, but we shouldn't forget that mess of a season.

Without looking I would think our OOC is much different this year and while we may not be 12-1 we may be better for it.  Potentially we are a top 25 team, that's good enough for now. 

Stay hunger my friend!

Breems

Quote from: Hogwop on November 13, 2017, 10:05:34 am

Might as well enjoy it now since we'll be negotiating Gregg Marshall's contract after our first loss.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HF#1

Quote from: Breems on November 13, 2017, 12:30:09 pm
Might as well enjoy it now since we'll be negotiating Gregg Marshall's contract after our first loss.

touche
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

cityhog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 13, 2017, 01:13:08 pm
I'm not going to jump on the 2-3 seed bandwagon yet because there simply hasn't been enough basketball played yet but I do see this team getting better than a 8-9 seed after what I have seen so far.  Remember, staying out of the 8-9 seed is key to a good run in the tourney.

There will be plenty of time to get a better feel for this team but Bucknell was a huge test.  You are talking about a Tourney team that gave WVU a good run last year with the entire team back.  That was a legit win!

This Hog team is long, athletic, aggressive, quick, and embrace D.  All of them except maybe 2, play well above the rim and has a plethora of players who sky walk like Quales!  Once this team improve the switching D, we are going to see teams having a lot of problems shooting over the top of them.

Our driving and slashing guards and forwards will cause tons of problems also.  This is a really good team but we will see how good this month!

Anyone who knows my history on here knows how critical i have been of this program for the last X number of years. And I am NOT one to put cart before horse, HOWEVER, there is something different about this team and it is the willingness to drive to the basket, play defense with their feet (most of the time) and not their hands, and fight for rebounds. In years past, even when we had a 'good team', we'd let teams like Bucknell and Samford hang around. These guys seem to be out for blood. I don't know. Something different about this team. I can see it.

HogNiner12

Quote from: cityhog on November 13, 2017, 03:35:04 pm
Anyone who knows my history on here knows how critical i have been of this program for the last X number of years. And I am NOT one to put cart before horse, HOWEVER, there is something different about this team and it is the willingness to drive to the basket, play defense with their feet (most of the time) and not their hands, and fight for rebounds. In years past, even when we had a 'good team', we'd let teams like Bucknell and Samford hang around. These guys seem to be out for blood. I don't know. Something different about this team. I can see it.
It's called having basketball players instead of freak athletes! They actually have basketball IQ

cityhog

Quote from: HogNiner12 on November 13, 2017, 03:48:43 pm
It's called having basketball players instead of freak athletes! They actually have basketball IQ
Thompson at the 4 and Gafford at the 5 excites me.