Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Auburn could still go to the playoffs?

Started by NuttinItUp, November 12, 2017, 12:09:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

After winning today over #1 Georgia and teams ahead of them (#9 Washington, #3 Notre Dame, #6 TCU) losing, #10 Auburn will likely move up to being ranked #7.

If they can win the Iron Bowl against Bama, they are the SEC-West representative in the SEC-Championship game, and if they win that, they are likely in the top 4 for the playoff.

Crazy how fortunes can change over the course of the season. Many were predicting an Auburn collapse earlier in the year.

Hogz87

Absolutely.  They just beat the brakes off the number one team in the country, they still have a game against (now) number one Alabama, and they still have another game against what will probably be top 5-7 Georgia.  If they win out, they will definitely make the playoffs.

orvillesghost

I think the Clemson-Miami winner is a lock

OU is a lock if they win the Big 12 title game

Alabama for sure if they reach the SEC title game, im not even sure they have to win that

Everyone else might need a bit of help or things to shake out just right...

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: orvillesghost on November 12, 2017, 12:28:18 am
I think the Clemson-Miami winner is a lock

OU is a lock if they win the Big 12 title game

Alabama for sure if they reach the SEC title game, im not even sure they have to win that

Everyone else might need a bit of help or things to shake out just right...
Miami may be the best team..can I add Manny Diaz into the long list of replacements for BB? Coached in the SEC and his defense might be the best in the country along with Alabama.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

lol.  Thank God he wasn't good enough to coach here.  lmao
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 12, 2017, 12:37:57 am
Miami may be the best team

every team has a bad game.  bama is the best team skippy.   even losing last year.  if you can't see that you probably think McKinney is good at football.  lmao jeez
Let's make some waves.

Bryant Disciple

Alabama has lost 4 starting linebackers. They are playing more freshmen than just about any other team these days.

I think Bama was the best team in the country earlier in the season, but it remains to be seen whether Saban can "coach up" the young inexperienced players enough to run the gauntlet. Auburn has huge momentum right now.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Bryant Disciple on November 12, 2017, 01:20:12 am
Alabama has lost 4 starting linebackers. They are playing more freshmen than just about any other team these days.

I think Bama was the best team in the country earlier in the season, but it remains to be seen whether Saban can "coach up" the young inexperienced players enough to run the gauntlet. Auburn has huge momentum right now.

Bama is the best team in the country..bar none.

And I will tell you another thing, Jalen Hurts should win the Hiesman....

PRJ

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 12, 2017, 01:29:16 am
Bama is the best team in the country..bar none.

And I will tell you another thing, Jalen Hurts should win the Hiesman....

PRJ

bama is the best team. not even close.  even last year.  Clemson loses two conf games in sec west.  one game is one game
Let's make some waves.

RexMentor

Auburn is certainly on a high right now. They destroyed Georgia last night and, considering the Bama-MSU outcome, the Iron Bowl is must-see TV. With Gus winning, I think the pressure is off at Auburn and he's staying. I'm happiest for Mark Richt. Got run out of Georgia and landed at Miami. Miami may be the best team in the country right now.

texas tush hog

Quote from: RexMentor on November 12, 2017, 06:24:59 am
Auburn is certainly on a high right now. They destroyed Georgia last night and, considering the Bama-MSU outcome, the Iron Bowl is must-see TV. With Gus winning, I think the pressure is off at Auburn and he's staying. I'm happiest for Mark Richt. Got run out of Georgia and landed at Miami. Miami may be the best team in the country right now.

Yes, and probably the best Christian role model in the game of college football right now.

RexMentor

LOL. The Church of St. Gus will be full today. APOLOGIES. Just realized you're talking about Richt and you're right. I need more coffee.

hawgon

Miami may be the best team..can I add Manny Diaz into the long list of replacements for BB? Coached in the SEC and his defense might be the best in the country along with Alabama.

So you're dead set against Norvell because he doesn't have enough experience, but you would take Manny Diaz who got fired as D coordination at Texas because they sucked?  In the words of Hootie, boy, you're something else.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hawgon on November 12, 2017, 07:24:18 am
So you're dead set against Norvell because he doesn't have enough experience, but you would take Manny Diaz who got fired as D coordination at Texas because they sucked?  In the words of Hootie, boy, you're something else.
First of all, screw Texas. When the hell did we start taking cues from Texas? Second, I have always stated that a coordinator wouldn't be a bad hire if they had coached in the SEC. Thrid, IMHO we need a coach that can put together a defense. I know that's not popular around here but we are never going to win a SEC championship until we field a legit D.
Also, if you look at Diaz and the defensive teams he has put together throughout his career you would see they have always ranked in the top 20 minus the one year at Texas.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 12, 2017, 07:35:38 am
Sure IF they beat Bama

As poorly as Bama played yesterday and the Iron Bowl being played at Auburn this year, I can see it happening.

I'm not saying it will, but they have a good shot at it.

BR

Bama
Clemson: 1 Loss
Miami
Oklahoma 1 Loss : need to win out
Wisconsin need to win out, very weak schedule
Ohio State: Very Weak Shot with 2 losses
Auburn 2 Losses
Georgia 1 Loss
Pac 12- Out this Year
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

EastexHawg

The announcers said after Gus challenged a call and his freshman QB threw a pass that Smart and Georgia would hope Auburn beat Alabama so could play them again in the SEC Championship Game.

Why?  So they can get physically manhandled and the snot stomped out of them again?  That was no fluke.  Auburn is simply the tougher and better football team.  They didn't finesse Georgia or beat them with trick plays, they lined up on both sides of the ball and took away their manhood.

wildhogman

who has Ga played to have earned so much accolades before yesterday?  Notre Dame? whom they had a tough game against and pulled it out.  The same ND that had a mud hole stomped into them by Miami last night? And now people are proclaiming Gus and Aubby great cause they beat the #1 Ga? Well actually stomped a mud hole in them.  This same Aubby team that lost to an LSU team who was beaten by the power house "Troy" and on LSU home field lol. 
Nothing has changed. Bama will win the Iron Bowl. The winner of Miami and Clemson will go to playoffs(my money says Clemson because they ben there before and Mark Richt has a history of choking a game away which he hasn't done yet. Maybe he will get that monkey off his back and finally win "that" game)
Ou needs to not only win out, but do it in style.  Their defense needs to show its capable of being championship caliber in all remaining games.
People proclaiming two SEC teams in the playoffs. What happens if Clemson and Miami Both get in leaving a 'two' loss Aubby in the cold?
2 regular season games left and then conf championships. A lot of football left.
Ofcourse the dagger in CBB career heart is if Wisky gets into playoffs making him look even worse lol. Maybe I should root for them just because.

ChicoHog

Are you kidding me?  Have you seen any game besides last night?  They were barely getting by each week until last night when the ghost of Miami past came out and ND didn't show up.  Their offense is very mediocre, good defense but not great.  Check out the stats and they don't measure up.  Give them credit for winning but they are far from best team. 

razorsharptusk

Glad Auburn is doing well.  They will keep him and we won't get him.
GO HOGS!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: RexMentor on November 12, 2017, 06:24:59 am
Ya, curious what its like in GA today.  I think they felt Richt was in the rear view and they made the right call.  Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.