Started by ricepig, November 11, 2017, 10:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

https://twitter.com/SEC_Chuck/status/929563169965723648

Final TV Selections for 11/18:
• Mississippi State @ Arkansas, Noon ET/11 am CT on CBS
• LSU @ Tennessee, 7 pm ET/6 pm CT on ESPN
• Texas A&M @ Ole Miss, 7 pm ET/6 pm CT on ESPN2

What do you think the line will be? MSU - 20.5?

rtr

Quote from: Karma on November 11, 2017, 10:20:53 pm
What do you think the line will be? MSU - 20.5?
I think more like - 14.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

RedRock

RedRock

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

moses_007

MSU will beat us easily.  Anyone who saw their game against Alabama tonight should realize that.  They are GOOD!

TulsaJack32

They have a qb that can do multiple things.  A death sentence to an BB coached team.

hog.goblin

hobhog

Well darn.

I'll be there. Little fuzzy but will be there.

hobhog

rzrbackramsfan

MSU has comparable talent, should be extremely beat up and hungover from the Bama game, is in the road and 11AM kickoff, still doesn't matter.  The game will get out of hand in the the third quarter and will never be in question Q4.

NuttinItUp

Why would CBS pick our game?

HogAlum99

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 12, 2017, 12:00:09 am
[/quote

Wondering the same thing??? The early kick doesn't surprise me at all, but is this game really attractive to a national audience? I would argue if anyone is hardly interested regionally, much less nationally! Maybe CBS is meeting a quota, IDK!!!

Gonzo

hobhog

Goal is to make Georges Happy Hour by 5 Friday.

Then take it from there. But will have butt in seat at 11am Saturday. Can't promise how long.

RealHog

kclvr

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 11, 2017, 11:58:56 pm
MSU has comparable talent, should be extremely beat up and hungover from the Bama game, is in the road and 11AM kickoff, still doesn't matter.  The game will get out of hand in the the third quarter and will never be in question Q4.

Has comparable talent to who?

RexMentor

Kick off at 11. Funeral for Arkansas at 3.

code red

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 11, 2017, 11:58:56 pm
MSU is better than LSU.  The dline is better as well.  The QB will run for 159 on us.  55-14 dogs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The NewEra

Mullen is so much better a coach than BB.  This game will likely get out of hand early in the third quarter also.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: moses_007 on November 11, 2017, 10:27:15 pm

MSU will beat us easily.  Anyone who saw their game against Alabama tonight should realize that.  They are GOOD!

Yep.  Miss St. dominated LSU back in Sept.....the team that beat us by 23 yesterday.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

They're more interested in showing our opponent....Miss St.  They actually have a good football team.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Iwastherein1969

I think its time we have an 8am kickoff. Keep the triple stack of pancakes with butter and a bottle of syrup away from our coach and he actually may have his head in the game instead of taking a nap in his office.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HogFanOSU

Quote from: HogAlum99 on November 12, 2017, 12:08:31 am
Wondering the same thing??? The early kick doesn't surprise me at all, but is this game really attractive to a national audience? I would argue if anyone is hardly interested regionally, much less nationally! Maybe CBS is meeting a quota, IDK!!!

Believe it or not, Miss St. vs Arkansas may be one of the better SEC matchups this week. There are only 5.  CBS also has Ky at Georgia at 3:00. ESPN family has LSU at Tenn and  aTm at Miss.  SEC Network has Mizzu at Vandy.  Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and S Carolina all play out of conference cup cakes this week.

EastexHawg

Quote from: code red on November 12, 2017, 06:56:12 am
MSU is better than LSU. 

I would say so.  They already beat LSU 37-7.

Locutus_of_Boar

There are very few good SEC games on the week before Thanksgiving as most SEC teams schedule a weak sister that week.  CBS has pick MSU-Arkansas several times for that reason alone.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

jackflash

for us to win we have to stop their QB

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 12, 2017, 05:40:17 pm
I think its time we have an 8am kickoff. Keep the triple stack of pancakes with butter and a bottle of syrup away from our coach and he actually may have his head in the game instead of taking a nap in his office.

If there were an 8:00 a.m. slot, we would have already had about 6 games that started then.  We'd be going up against Scooby-Doo and Looney Tunes in the ratings, and getting beat there too.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 13, 2017, 11:01:41 am
If there were an 8:00 a.m. slot, we would have already had about 6 games that started then.  We'd be going up against Scooby-Doo and Looney Tunes in the ratings, and getting beat there too.

Right. Or, I bet the SEC wishes they could send us to London or Mexico City. Let a bunch of totally detached viewers look at our crap.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Locutus_of_Boar

Anyway between Fitzgerald's "Beep-Beeps" as he zooms down the field and AA getting crunched in the Arkansas backfield like Wily E. Coyote under a shower of anvils this will be worthy of a Saturday morning Roadrunner Cartoon.

hydro_dynamic_spatula

Quote from: HogFanOSU on November 12, 2017, 11:04:01 pm
Believe it or not, Miss St. vs Arkansas may be one of the better SEC matchups this week. There are only 5.  CBS also has Ky at Georgia at 3:00. ESPN family has LSU at Tenn and  aTm at Miss.  SEC Network has Mizzu at Vandy.  Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and S Carolina all play out of conference cup cakes this week.

UAB could beat Florida.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 13, 2017, 11:05:25 am
Anyway between Fitzgerald's "Beep-Beeps" as he zooms down the field and AA getting crunched in the Arkansas backfield like Wily E. Coyote under a shower of anvils this will be worthy of a Saturday morning Roadrunner Cartoon.

Another great analogy. Roadrunner was my favorite cartoon. Saturday we'll see the 2017 version of it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HF#1

You should bet on 11am games the rest of the season.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

KCHOGFAN

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 11:36:01 am
You should bet on 11am games the rest of the season.
or 1:30. 

phadedhawg

i watched 3 quarters of the LSU game and turned the channel when it was obviously over. 

I may skip MSU entirely...it's just not fun

HF#1

Quote from: KCHOGFAN on November 13, 2017, 12:08:05 pm
or 1:30. 

Forgot about Mizzou being on CBS at 1:30. Bet CBS regrets that.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Ex-Trumpet

Good.  That will give me the opportunity to sober up before supper.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 12:19:35 pm
Forgot about Mizzou being on CBS at 1:30. Bet CBS regrets that.

Oh, they'll spin it as the Missouri resurrection.  As much as I dislike them as a program, you've got to admit their turnaround this season has been pretty remarkable.  I wish we'd have played them week 1 or 2.  Right now they are probably the second best team in the East (which admittedly ain't saying much).
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 10:17:39 pm
https://twitter.com/SEC_Chuck/status/929563169965723648

Final TV Selections for 11/18:
• Mississippi State @ Arkansas, Noon ET/11 am CT on CBS
• LSU @ Tennessee, 7 pm ET/6 pm CT on ESPN
• Texas A&M @ Ole Miss, 7 pm ET/6 pm CT on ESPN2
Who gives a dang what time this game starts. You would have to pay me to view this game on tv.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Swestwill66

How much better is their defense this year ? I don't know their stats but I've watched parts of their games against LSU and Bama. They look so much better than when we played them last year. Did that new DC make that much of a difference?  Just shows what a difference a good coach can make.

j-mann

how about a 2 am kickoff  we couild call it   late night snooze  fest   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

j-mann

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 13, 2017, 12:17:40 pm
i watched 3 quarters of the LSU game and turned the channel when it was obviously over. 

I may skip MSU entirely...it's just not fun
watching the broncos  is worse   because they have quit 5 weeks in a row    at least arkansas always plays hard   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

davglo35

Bielema is responsible for more deer dying on saturdays than normal during deer season. Nobody leaves the stand early to go watch the 11 am games and more deer die! Lol

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 13, 2017, 11:01:41 am

Damn that Bugs Bunny!

Kneph13

So we can be embarrassed again and they can laugh at us.
There is no Political Correctness in war

DeltaBoy

Pain I see tons of Pain.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: davglo35 on November 14, 2017, 06:32:47 am
Bielema is responsible for more deer dying on saturdays than normal during deer season. Nobody leaves the stand early to go watch the 11 am games and more deer die! Lol

That's why 2:30 is best.  Get one from the stand in the morning and one with the bumper driving home in the dark.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015