Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am sick and tired of this embarrassment!!

Started by NYCRBACK, November 11, 2017, 04:26:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCRBACK

This was the worst hire in the history of Arkansas football! Might be one of the worst in the history of the SEC!

That was pathetic today! We need to bring in someone who has recruiting experience in the South and also Texas.
Hows about Butch Davis? Lane Kiffin? Or even Houston Nutt! Anybody is better than this disgrace!

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: NYCRBACK on November 11, 2017, 04:26:08 pm
This was the worst hire in the history of Arkansas football! Might be one of the worst in the history of the SEC!

That was pathetic today! We need to bring in someone who has recruiting experience in the South and also Texas.
Hows about Butch Davis? Lane Kiffin? Or even Houston Nutt! Anybody is better than this disgrace!
Butch Davis actually impregnated Lane Kiffin.  Lane is earphones on his tummy every night with the UofA fight song.  In 34 years we will have a decent infield coach, but somewhat of an off field disaster.  The anti-CBB if you will.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 11, 2017, 04:29:03 pm
Losing, per se, is not embarrassing.

Losing because we appear soft quitters across the board?

That's embarrassing.
Actually, losing is a disease...

geauxhawgs

Yep. How about getting the guy thats from Arkansas who's on TV right now in a top 10 matchup with the lead against the #1 team in the nation!? -- Who by the way has seen big time success literally everywhere he has been going back to his 1st job at Hughes high school in the Arkansas delta...just sayin

GunnerHawg70

Agreed...As a fan, I can say for certain I'm over watching all my friends teams win while I'm sitting at the bar dejected!!! Beer goes down with a bitter taste after every loss...FWIW - Derek Dooley was the worst hire in recent SEC history (JLS a close runner-up)...just sayin

JaketheSnake

Quote from: geauxhawgs on November 11, 2017, 04:29:39 pm
Yep. How about getting the guy thats from Arkansas who's on TV right now in a top 10 matchup with the lead against the #1 team in the nation!? -- Who by the way has seen big time success literally everywhere he has been going back to his 1st job at Hughes high school in the Arkansas delta...just sayin
Whom do you speak of?  We know no coaches with actual AR ties.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 11, 2017, 04:29:03 pm
Losing, per se, is not embarrassing.

Losing because we appear soft quitters across the board?

That's embarrassing.

If the scores were close and the boys lost due to last second FG or a misstep, I can roll with CBB's words of "so close" or "we were almost there"...But to get blown out is a disappointment.

NYCRBACK

We need to move on from "Uncommon men" and 'uncharacteristic mistakes".... what a load of garbage!

SemperFi

This team has several highly recruited players that have not been coached up. They don't know how to win and that's sad. Bielema may not be the worst hire in SEC history, but dang if he won't make the top 5 on the piss poor hire list.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

NYCRBACK

moses_007

Quote from: SemperFi on November 11, 2017, 06:43:24 pm
This team has several highly recruited players that have not been coached up. They don't know how to win and that's sad. Bielema may not be the worst hire in SEC history, but dang if he won't make the top 5 on the piss poor hire list.
I agree 100 percent.  He's one of the worst coaches in SEC history. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NYCRBACK

We do not have SEC Championship level talent and are trying to compete with 2 and 3 star level players. It is not working.

Youngsta71701

Missouri is going to end up 7-5, 4-4 while we end up 4-8, 1-7. Sad. I knew we should have hired Butch Davis. If you can win at Florida International you can win anywhere.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

NYCRBACK

Fully agree. Hire Butch Davis!!! Or even Houston Nutt!

Hoggie17

Mind blowing isn't it. Here is a coach we could have gotten instead of BB cheap.  Now he is proven winner the SEC West.  I am not sure we can get him now but it would be a home run hire.

Calling All Hogs

Offer Matt Campbell ASAP before offering anyone else. He is a program builder.

huntindoc

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 11, 2017, 10:01:56 pm
No.

You can't teach heart, it's there or not (see Mustain, Mitch).

I'm not so sure of that, but I'm pretty sure you can stamp it out with poor leadership, poor coaching and exposing them to repeated failure.

Grunt

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 11, 2017, 10:11:45 pm
Mind blowing isn't it. Here is a coach we could have gotten instead of BB cheap.  Now he is proven winner the SEC West.  I am not sure we can get him now but it would be a home run hire.
I think he was offered, accepted then backed out.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 11, 2017, 11:13:13 pm
Offer Matt Campbell ASAP before offering anyone else. He is a program builder.
Has my vote.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

NYCRBACK

He has had one good season. Has he ever recruited in the South and in Texas? We need to not make the same mistake again and bring in a new HC who is not familiar with the SEC and the recruiting areas. CBB has been a disaster.

AirWarren

Pitchfork pitchforks pitchforks!!!!!!!!!

Seebs

Your next stage of grieving will be apathy. I will make you up a bed in the guest room. Plenty already checked-in, or in this case, checked-out.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Muskliketusk

Gonna be funny when HCBB turns it around and you crybabies head for them Hills. You ain't Uncommon.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

NYCRBACK

Lol! You cannot be serious??? And now our QB has been arrested for DUI. Can things at Arkansas get any worse???

cjack

Quote from: Seebs on November 12, 2017, 09:17:46 am
Your next stage of grieving will be apathy. I will make you up a bed in the guest room. Plenty already checked-in, or in this case, checked-out.

That's where I am.  I don't care anymore. No more games for me until Bielema is gone. 

On another note, I'm watching the Razorbacks play at 5 today.  There is hope there. They'll get my extra money and time.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

HornetHog

Kiffin would be a kiss of death.....again.

Nutt is an interesting mention. What would a former long time coach do different.  What would any bigtime coach do if they were given a second chance. Thank about it,...he's had a long time to think about his mistakes and  opportunities he didn't jump at when he should've.

Butch - no idea either way.  I love that he's won in the past and is a former HOG.
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas is going to have difficulty hiring a coach if the AD situation is perceived as tenuous.
[CENSORED]!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 11, 2017, 08:15:03 pm
Fire Jeff Long Now!

Man I was in disagreement until I realized how annoyed I was for him pushing out academic success numbers.  He's defending how bad we are bc of that.  The football program deserves no defense, only solutions.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 12, 2017, 03:42:15 pm
Arkansas is going to have difficulty hiring a coach if the AD situation is perceived as tenuous.

Then we better get a new AD.

NYCRBACK

At most premier football schools, AD's typically do not survive disastrous football hires. One could argue that it is now 3 in row for Arkansas.

DemiHOG

Sad when we expect to be blown out. It's only a surprise when we are competitive for a qtr or two

hollywood hog

I'm content now. Told you guys this was coming from day one.  Lost my 5000 post account trying to tell ya.  Feel bad for few people who saw what was happening but for those of you that supported the shiiit show, you deserve it. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: NYCRBACK on November 12, 2017, 12:53:45 pm
Lol! You cannot be serious??? And now our QB has been arrested for DUI. Can things at Arkansas get any worse???
Perhaps it was Cole's way of getting out of constantly being pounded week after week. After all he obviously knows that CBB won't tolerate such #uncommon behavior. Get yourself suspended and ther problem is solved.

NYCRBACK

EastexHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 12, 2017, 03:42:15 pm

Beat the rush, fire Long early!

Problem solved.

razorbackfaninar

No thanks, He couldn't even beat Lonoke for the 95 State Championship when he was at Hughes.

Dr. Leonard Ford

I would support bringing Houston Nutt back.  But I don't think that will happen with this AD.  Jeff Long would see Houston as a threat.  Houston has said before he would love to be AD at AR.  Nutt might try to go the way of Frank Broyles and be head coach and AD at the same time!  Jeff Long would obviously be out.  No way Jeff will allow this to happen. 

smb

GeorgiaHOG

NYCRBACK

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on November 12, 2017, 09:30:35 pm
I would support bringing Houston Nutt back.  But I don't think that will happen with this AD.  Jeff Long would see Houston as a threat.  Houston has said before he would love to be AD at AR.  Nutt might try to go the way of Frank Broyles and be head coach and AD at the same time!  Jeff Long would obviously be out.  No way Jeff will allow this to happen.

I fully agree. Arkansas should certainly look at bringing back Houston Nutt.

hogsanity

Or even Houston Nutt! Anybody is better than this disgrace!

The irony here is that a decade ago people were saying " Anyone is better than this disgrace" when referring to HDN.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hogsanity on November 13, 2017, 10:36:46 am
The irony here is that a decade ago people were saying " Anyone is better than this disgrace" when referring to HDN.

The hatred of the current state of the football program has completely blinded so many people on here. True, anything is better than what we currently have, but come on! HDN?!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hogblog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on November 12, 2017, 09:54:09 am
Gonna be funny when HCBB turns it around and you crybabies head for them Hills. You ain't Uncommon.

LOL... Pure Gold!

rzrbaxfan

Your only hope for him was that he had a 7-8 win season and was fired.  He just beat #1.  He's not going anywhere.

snoblind

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 13, 2017, 10:58:02 am
The hatred of the current state of the football program has completely blinded so many people on here. True, anything is better than what we currently have, but come on! HDN?!

We see them coming out of the woodwork.  This is the #1 problem with Gus.  I really don't want to read this crap again.

NYCRBACK

Quote from: snoblind on November 13, 2017, 11:54:08 am
We see them coming out of the woodwork.  This is the #1 problem with Gus.  I really don't want to read this crap again.

We need to forget about Gus as he aint coming back to Arkansas anytime soon. Would not surprise me if Auburn won the
whole thing this year with the way they are playing right now.