Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by NYCRBACK on 11 Nov 2017
  • This was the worst hire in the history of Arkansas football! Might be one of the worst in the history of the SEC!

That was pathetic today! We need to bring in someone who has recruiting experience in the South and also Texas.
    Hows about Butch Davis? Lane Kiffin? Or even Houston Nutt! Anybody is better than this disgrace!
  • #2 by rtr on 11 Nov 2017
  • We all are.
  • #3 by JaketheSnake on 11 Nov 2017
  • This was the worst hire in the history of Arkansas football! Might be one of the worst in the history of the SEC!

That was pathetic today! We need to bring in someone who has recruiting experience in the South and also Texas.
    Hows about Butch Davis? Lane Kiffin? Or even Houston Nutt! Anybody is better than this disgrace!
    Butch Davis actually impregnated Lane Kiffin.  Lane is earphones on his tummy every night with the UofA fight song.  In 34 years we will have a decent infield coach, but somewhat of an off field disaster.  The anti-CBB if you will.
  • #4 by zeke_in_kc on 11 Nov 2017
  • Losing, per se, is not embarrassing.

Losing because we appear soft quitters across the board?

That's embarrassing.
  • #5 by JaketheSnake on 11 Nov 2017

That's embarrassing.
    Actually, losing is a disease...
  • #6 by geauxhawgs on 11 Nov 2017
  • Yep. How about getting the guy thats from Arkansas who's on TV right now in a top 10 matchup with the lead against the #1 team in the nation!? -- Who by the way has seen big time success literally everywhere he has been going back to his 1st job at Hughes high school in the Arkansas delta...just sayin
  • #7 by GunnerHawg70 on 11 Nov 2017

Agreed...As a fan, I can say for certain I'm over watching all my friends teams win while I'm sitting at the bar dejected!!! Beer goes down with a bitter taste after every loss...FWIW - Derek Dooley was the worst hire in recent SEC history (JLS a close runner-up)...just sayin

• #8 by JaketheSnake on 11 Nov 2017
  • Yep. How about getting the guy thats from Arkansas who's on TV right now in a top 10 matchup with the lead against the #1 team in the nation!? -- Who by the way has seen big time success literally everywhere he has been going back to his 1st job at Hughes high school in the Arkansas delta...just sayin
    Whom do you speak of?  We know no coaches with actual AR ties.
  • #9 by GunnerHawg70 on 11 Nov 2017

That's embarrassing.

If the scores were close and the boys lost due to last second FG or a misstep, I can roll with CBB's words of "so close" or "we were almost there"...But to get blown out is a disappointment.
  • #10 by NYCRBACK on 11 Nov 2017
  • We need to move on from "Uncommon men" and 'uncharacteristic mistakes".... what a load of garbage!
  • #11 by SemperFi on 11 Nov 2017
  • This team has several highly recruited players that have not been coached up. They don't know how to win and that's sad. Bielema may not be the worst hire in SEC history, but dang if he won't make the top 5 on the piss poor hire list.
  • #12 by twistitup on 11 Nov 2017
  • I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
  • #13 by NYCRBACK on 11 Nov 2017
  • very true and well said.
  • #14 by moses_007 on 11 Nov 2017
  • This team has several highly recruited players that have not been coached up. They don't know how to win and that's sad. Bielema may not be the worst hire in SEC history, but dang if he won't make the top 5 on the piss poor hire list.
    I agree 100 percent.  He's one of the worst coaches in SEC history. 
  • #15 by DeltaBoy on 11 Nov 2017
  • Fire Jeff Long Now!
  • #16 by zeke_in_kc on 11 Nov 2017
  • This team has several highly recruited players that have not been coached up.

No.

It's that those players are bad and gutless.

You can't teach heart, it's there or not (see Mustain, Mitch).
  • #17 by NYCRBACK on 11 Nov 2017
  • We do not have SEC Championship level talent and are trying to compete with 2 and 3 star level players. It is not working.
  • #18 by Youngsta71701 on 11 Nov 2017

Missouri is going to end up 7-5, 4-4 while we end up 4-8, 1-7. Sad. I knew we should have hired Butch Davis. If you can win at Florida International you can win anywhere.
  • #19 by NYCRBACK on 11 Nov 2017
  • Fully agree. Hire Butch Davis!!! Or even Houston Nutt!
  • #20 by Hoggie17 on 11 Nov 2017
    Mind blowing isn't it. Here is a coach we could have gotten instead of BB cheap.  Now he is proven winner the SEC West.  I am not sure we can get him now but it would be a home run hire.
  • #21 by Hogwild on 11 Nov 2017
  • #22 by Calling All Hogs on 11 Nov 2017
  • Offer Matt Campbell ASAP before offering anyone else. He is a program builder.
  • #23 by huntindoc on 11 Nov 2017
  • No.

You can't teach heart, it's there or not (see Mustain, Mitch).

I'm not so sure of that, but I'm pretty sure you can stamp it out with poor leadership, poor coaching and exposing them to repeated failure.
  • #24 by Grunt on 11 Nov 2017
  • Mind blowing isn't it. Here is a coach we could have gotten instead of BB cheap.  Now he is proven winner the SEC West.  I am not sure we can get him now but it would be a home run hire.
    I think he was offered, accepted then backed out.
  • #25 by Grunt on 11 Nov 2017
  • Offer Matt Campbell ASAP before offering anyone else. He is a program builder.
    Has my vote.
  • #26 by NYCRBACK on 12 Nov 2017
  • He has had one good season. Has he ever recruited in the South and in Texas? We need to not make the same mistake again and bring in a new HC who is not familiar with the SEC and the recruiting areas. CBB has been a disaster.
  • #27 by AP85 on 12 Nov 2017

Pitchfork pitchforks pitchforks!!!!!!!!!
  • #28 by Seebs on 12 Nov 2017
  • Your next stage of grieving will be apathy. I will make you up a bed in the guest room. Plenty already checked-in, or in this case, checked-out.
  • #29 by Muskliketusk on 12 Nov 2017
  • Gonna be funny when HCBB turns it around and you crybabies head for them Hills. You ainít Uncommon.
  • #30 by NYCRBACK on 12 Nov 2017
  • Lol! You cannot be serious??? And now our QB has been arrested for DUI. Can things at Arkansas get any worse???
  • #31 by cjack on 12 Nov 2017
  • Your next stage of grieving will be apathy. I will make you up a bed in the guest room. Plenty already checked-in, or in this case, checked-out.

That's where I am.  I don't care anymore. No more games for me until Bielema is gone. 

On another note, I'm watching the Razorbacks play at 5 today.  There is hope there. They'll get my extra money and time.
  • #32 by HornetHog on 12 Nov 2017

Kiffin would be a kiss of death.....again.

Nutt is an interesting mention. What would a former long time coach do different.  What would any bigtime coach do if they were given a second chance. Thank about it,...he's had a long time to think about his mistakes and  opportunities he didn't jump at when he should've.

Butch - no idea either way.  I love that he's won in the past and is a former HOG.
  • #33 by Biggus Piggus on 12 Nov 2017
  • Arkansas is going to have difficulty hiring a coach if the AD situation is perceived as tenuous.
  • #34 by rzrbackramsfan on 12 Nov 2017
  • Fire Jeff Long Now!

Man I was in disagreement until I realized how annoyed I was for him pushing out academic success numbers.  Heís defending how bad we are bc of that.  The football program deserves no defense, only solutions.
  • #35 by rzrbackramsfan on 12 Nov 2017
  • Arkansas is going to have difficulty hiring a coach if the AD situation is perceived as tenuous.

Then we better get a new AD.
  • #36 by NYCRBACK on 12 Nov 2017
  • At most premier football schools, AD's typically do not survive disastrous football hires. One could argue that it is now 3 in row for Arkansas.
  • #37 by DemiHOG on 12 Nov 2017
  • Sad when we expect to be blown out. It's only a surprise when we are competitive for a qtr or two
  • #38 by hollywood hog on 12 Nov 2017
  • Iím content now. Told you guys this was coming from day one.  Lost my 5000 post account trying to tell ya.  Feel bad for few people who saw what was happening but for those of you that supported the shiiit show, you deserve it. 
  • #39 by Vantage 8 dude on 12 Nov 2017
  • Lol! You cannot be serious??? And now our QB has been arrested for DUI. Can things at Arkansas get any worse???
    Perhaps it was Cole's way of getting out of constantly being pounded week after week. After all he obviously knows that CBB won't tolerate such #uncommon behavior. Get yourself suspended and ther problem is solved.
  • #40 by NYCRBACK on 12 Nov 2017
  • LOL! Hilarious.....
  • #41 by EastexHawg on 12 Nov 2017

Beat the rush, fire Long early!

Problem solved.
  • #42 by razorbackfaninar on 12 Nov 2017

No thanks, He couldn't even beat Lonoke for the 95 State Championship when he was at Hughes.
  • #43 by Dr. Leonard Ford on 12 Nov 2017

I would support bringing Houston Nutt back.  But I don't think that will happen with this AD.  Jeff Long would see Houston as a threat.  Houston has said before he would love to be AD at AR.  Nutt might try to go the way of Frank Broyles and be head coach and AD at the same time!  Jeff Long would obviously be out.  No way Jeff will allow this to happen. 
  • #44 by smb on 13 Nov 2017
  • Dilly! Dilly!
  • #45 by NYCRBACK on 13 Nov 2017
  • I would support bringing Houston Nutt back.  But I don't think that will happen with this AD.  Jeff Long would see Houston as a threat.  Houston has said before he would love to be AD at AR.  Nutt might try to go the way of Frank Broyles and be head coach and AD at the same time!  Jeff Long would obviously be out.  No way Jeff will allow this to happen.

I fully agree. Arkansas should certainly look at bringing back Houston Nutt.
  • #46 by hogsanity on 13 Nov 2017

•  Or even Houston Nutt! Anybody is better than this disgrace!

The irony here is that a decade ago people were saying " Anyone is better than this disgrace" when referring to HDN.
  • #47 by Boardon Hamsay on 13 Nov 2017
  • We will never love this way again.... :'( :'(

• #48 by HogPharmer on 13 Nov 2017
  • The irony here is that a decade ago people were saying " Anyone is better than this disgrace" when referring to HDN.

The hatred of the current state of the football program has completely blinded so many people on here. True, anything is better than what we currently have, but come on! HDN?!
  • #49 by Hogblog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Gonna be funny when HCBB turns it around and you crybabies head for them Hills. You ainít Uncommon.

LOL... Pure Gold!
  • #50 by rzrbaxfan on 13 Nov 2017

Your only hope for him was that he had a 7-8 win season and was fired.  He just beat #1.  He's not going anywhere.
Pages:
Actions