Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIZZU is going to KILL US!!!!

Started by synthartist69, November 05, 2017, 01:13:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

OMG I can't face my Missouri relatives! This is one of the worst defensives I have ever seen at UofA, they will DESTROY US!!!! I mean, we struggled to win against a 1-7 team at our homecoming.... we could have so easily lost this game. Fire PR and BB, well.. go ahead and fire ENOS too.. his play calling has been awful at times.

hogsanity

But as usual all anyone wants to talk about is offense.  When as you point out the defense is atrocious.  Not one person posts about wanting a coach to fix the D. All they want is some spread offense guy so we can lose games 63-58.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowTheHedgehog

I still think we can beat Mizzu. Florida is horrible. If we commit to running the ball we can beat Mizzou.

31to6

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 05, 2017, 01:13:11 pm
OMG I can't face my Missouri relatives! This is one of the worst defensives I have ever seen at UofA, they will DESTROY US!!!! I mean, we struggled to win against a 1-7 team at our homecoming.... we could have so easily lost this game. Fire PR and BB, well.. go ahead and fire ENOS too.. his play calling has been awful at times.
My wife is a Mizzou grad. We will be at the game as we try to do the Ark-MO game to escape from family obligations. She has thoroughly enjoyed watching CBB's wretched coaching choke away games we should have dominated.

This year will be pure comic relief.

I will be the guy in the Ark sweatshirt with a bag on his head.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 05, 2017, 02:05:24 pm
But as usual all anyone wants to talk about is offense.  When as you point out the defense is atrocious.  Not one person posts about wanting a coach to fix the D. All they want is some spread offense guy so we can lose games 63-58.

I am not one of those

I want a fiery bad ass defensive minded coach who bring D coaches with the same attitude.  Then I want HIM to hire a innovative O-Co who ALSO brings in coaches with a like mind.   Add to that a weight guy who builds football bodies, not picture bodies
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

Add to all that he is a coach, not a good buddy to the team. No one would ever accuse Saban, Holtz, or BP of being friendly. 
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

jgphillips3

Quote from: hogsanity on November 05, 2017, 02:05:24 pm

I get that you prefer to lose 17-10.  However, offense is easier to fix than defense.  Defense almost always boils down to having the best 11 Jimmy's and Joe's but you can scheme an offense around a couple of Jimmy's and Joe's. 

Therefore, get the offense rolling first and recruit your D...which is basically what Petrino was trying to do and, judging on where our defensive talent came from in Bielema's first three years, I would say he was getting there.  Since Petrino's defensive players left, we have gotten far, far worse.  Irony considering the bitching on here about his recruiting. 

So, you take Norvell (for example).  If, unlike Petrino, he is actually a decent human being, then you go win some 45-38 games, get yourself up in the 8-10 win range per year, start being ranked, and try to recruit a little better every year.  Then hopefully you start winning 42-21, get within sniffing range of the upper tier and can sell some serious Jimmy's and Joe's on the actuality that you can win it all and there you go.

alohawg

They just got abused by Coastal Carolina, yes, Mizzou will score at will.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 05, 2017, 01:13:11 pm

Meh, all you need to settle a family rivalry like this is an unmarked, windowless cargo van, a burlap sack, a guy named Vinnie, and maybe a list of Uncle Berle's fears.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.