Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the Hogs on another Bog win.Auburn was 31 out of 34 from the FT line

Started by forrest city joe, February 27, 2018, 10:25:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

And they still won.these refs were pure garbage.but the hell with that.the hogs won another big game,and that's all i care about.Auburn shot 34% from the field.but the refs refuse to let the Hogs put them away.congrats to our players and coaches for overcoming their BS.so happy for all the seniors.happy they went out with a big win.Mike Anderson has done it again. started 1 and 3,in the sec. and have gotten to 10 wins.and the sec is really good this year.I LOVE IT!GO HOGS.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jst01

1highhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 27, 2018, 10:25:11 pm
And they still won.these refs were pure garbage.but the hell with that.the hogs won another big game,and that's all i care about.Auburn shot 34% from the field.but the refs refuse to let the Hogs put them away.congrats to our players and coaches for overcoming their BS.so happy for all the seniors.happy they went out with a big win.Mike Anderson has done it again. started 1 and 3,in the sec. and have gotten to 10 wins.and the sec is really good this year.I LOVE IT!GO HOGS.

Yep, and our Hogs were 19-30 at the freethrow line, which is terrible but they won and that's all that matters.

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

AlmaHog2011

Gafford should have shot 10 more FTs..They did all they could to keep Auburn from getting blown out and still we put a beating on them.

We didn't get those calls at Auburn..I don't get it we don't have bad attitudes?
Anyways now lets go beat Missouri and win the SEC Tourney.

PygmalionEffect2

I think the Hogs started SEC play 3-4 with all three wins coming at home by a combined 8 points.

Mike has them playing their best ball right now.  This is night and day compared to how they started conference.

I'm glad he's built some momentum.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Capt. Hamm

liljo

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

1highhog

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on February 27, 2018, 10:30:00 pm
I think the Hogs started SEC play 3-4 with all three wins coming at home by a combined 8 points.

Mike has them playing their best ball right now.  This is night and day compared to how they started conference.

Hogs could make a run, if, they could somehow make at least 75% of their free throws they get to shoot.  The refs are not going to give them the same amount of chances as our opponents so every chance they get to go to the line they need them, I know they're not missing them on purpose but I'm just stating what I'm hoping we can get hot on here in the next few games coming up.

tennesseehogwild

We make our free throws and we win by 20. Missed quite a few front ends of 1 & 1's. Gotta somehow get the free throw shooting woes corrected. Otherwise  It was a good performance. Arlando Cook played a helluva game tonight. Gafford was a beast! It's starting to hit me that he is probably gone. GHG!

ArkansasI

I'm very happy for this team. I hope they continue playing well. Go Hogs!

forrest city joe

The hogs started sec play 1 and 3.just like i said they did.and they have fought back and now have 10 sec wins.

pghawg1

Hog Fan from Camden

blu

Great win against a ranked team - very proud and happy for our players and coaches.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

forrest city joe

Dudley E. Dawson
‏ @Dedsports
4m4 minutes ago

After falling to 1-3 in conference play for the second straight season, Arkansas has now won 9 of its last 13 league contests and 10 of 14 overall.

hoglady

Gafford gaining some confidence and playing well has made us a different team.
Plus the bench has improved tremendously.
Really Happy the Seniors went out with a big win.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

liljo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PIG!!!

SOIEEE!

Razorbacks!

That was so much fun to watch. Gonna really miss those seniors, but very proud of how they defended Our House.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

howie76

I thought the game was called pretty good actually. We missed way to many from the charity stripe. Pearl told his guys to go after Gafford and he did a good job not getting in foul trouble. And our bench did a good job again. Well played and well coached game.

la20688

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 27, 2018, 10:44:38 pm
The hogs started sec play 1 and 3.just like i said they did.and they have fought back and now have 10 sec wins.
Yes they did Joe. But they were also 3-4 at one point as well. So you're both right. I don't think he was trying to argue with you.

c-townfan

Great win but the refs were not garbage. They called it pretty close to the same both ways. I very much dislike 64 free throw attempts and 45 fouls being called. But that's the way it's called today. Not necessarily their fault that's the way they are told to call it. Keep it consistent both ways is all I can ask.

hogsanity

I know you have to keep up appearances, but really?

So Aub went 31-34? The Hogs shot 30, and would have shot at least 34 had the hit the front of some 1 and 1's. Aub was called for 5 more fouls ( 25 ) and had one player foul out and 2 more with 4. Hogs had no one with more than 3. Aub did have 12 offensive rebounds, which often leads to fouls on put backs. Hogs also were trying to block every thing, and did get 11 ( Gafford was really good last night, blocked 7 while only committing one foul). Bailey had 3 fouls in only 10 minutes.

Hogs played a really good game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Gonzo

It was definitely a very nice win, but I think the ref complaints are pretty humorous. Auburn was called for 25 fouls compared to 20 for the Hogs. Auburn shot 34 FTs compared to 30 for the Hogs, who could have earned 5 more just by converting 1-and-1s. Pretty hard to make a legit case for uneven officiating imo.

Nonetheless, great win and congrats and thanks to all the seniors.

Go Hogs!

steveaustin69

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2018, 08:27:02 am
I know you have to keep up appearances, but really?

So Aub went 31-34? The Hogs shot 30, and would have shot at least 34 had the hit the front of some 1 and 1's. Aub was called for 5 more fouls ( 25 ) and had one player foul out and 2 more with 4. Hogs had no one with more than 3. Aub did have 12 offensive rebounds, which often leads to fouls on put backs. Hogs also were trying to block every thing, and did get 11 ( Gafford was really good last night, blocked 7 while only committing one foul). Bailey had 3 fouls in only 10 minutes.

Hogs played a really good game.

Get outta here using the actual stats! Pearl bought those refs!

We're 335th in Opponent FTA for the year. Every ref we've had has clearly been paid by our opponent.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hoglady on February 27, 2018, 10:55:09 pm
Gafford gaining some confidence and playing well has made us a different team.
Plus the bench has improved tremendously.
Really Happy the Seniors went out with a big win.

Simple and so true just the facts.