mbgrulz

Quote from: Extra Point on July 05, 2006, 12:51:47 pm
Quote from: Aftershave on July 04, 2006, 12:04:44 pm
Ervin - PG
Beverly - SG
Weems -F
Townes/ Thomas -F
Hill -C

I'm not sold on McCurdy yet. Haven't seen him play enough. Might hurt us too much on defense.

McCurdy is looking much better in pickup games this summer.  He has his shot dropping, is a vocal leader, likes to push tempo, has GREAT floor vision and has been playing a great all around game.

But you will rarely see Ervin and McCurdy on the floor at the same time except in certain game situations.  I'm not sure why so many here list both in the same lineup.
key word is pickup games. ive watched these for the past 10 years, and all they do is make perimeter guys who run the floor well look quite a bit better than they are. post men get lost in the shuffle and rarely get to showcase their skills. in a real game however, there are a lot of battles in the treches. post men win a lot of games for you.

mccurdy didnt get much of chance to succeed last year. he was put in in bad situations and got to shoot bad shots that were largely out of rythm. i think this year, he proves to be a lot better than some people gave him credit for.

the whole key with this season is who's gonna step up. we will need not only 1, but 2 or 3 guys to step up and be flat our stars. a lot of people, including myself, have been giving townes the benefit of the doubt that he will come around, but if he doesnt, we have a lot of guys who will gladly take his place. on the other hand, sonny weems will have to be great next year for us to be worth anything. there is nobody behind him to take over, and you cant guard the corey brewer's of the world with sean mccurdy or charles thomas. you've gotta match that athleticisism.

SoonerPride

Your best starting lineup would be...

PG Earvin
SG Washington
SF Weems
PF Townes
C  Hill

mbgrulz

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 05, 2006, 01:59:52 pm
Your best starting lineup would be...

PG Earvin
SG Washington
SF Weems
PF Townes
C  Hill
WTH? hope to hell they dont press that lineup. while were throwing this crap out there:

PG - Hill
SG - townes
SF - Hunter
PF - mccurdy
C - Ervin

MJ2

Unfortunately, Stan will still be on the roster.