Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Edwards breaks down line moves for Week 1 SEC Football

Started by jbcarol, September 03, 2016, 09:00:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Betting information for each contest, complete with analysis and picks

QuoteEditor's note: The opening lines are approximations because of the time disparity of when sports books first posted their numbers:

Louisiana Tech at Arkansas
Kickoff: 4 p.m. ET
Friday Line: Arkansas -25 (opened -20.5)
Over/Under: 52 (opened 56)
Public: 61 percent Razorbacks

Edwards' analysis: "Arkansas is gonna be good upfront with a solid O-line, and I think the team has the most underrated wide receivers in the country. Drew Morgan had a breakout season with all the injuries last year. It took Dominique Reed awhile to get going, but he started to make a lot of plays late. He's a speedster. And you get Keon Hatcher back, their leading receiver in 2014 who was off to a great start in the first two games before going down with a season-ending injury. I just need to see Austin Allen play at quarterback first. If he's just even pretty good, I like this team a lot. They got basically every one back on defense; Rohan Gaines the only loss of significance. Not worth laying a big number here, until seeing what Allen brings to the table."

The Play: Pass
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net