19 (25.3%)
arkansas
48 (64%)
yo mommas house
8 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

HokieHawg

Quote from: pork and mindy on April 17, 2006, 07:22:32 pm
He has only played organized ball for a couple of years and hasn't hit the AAU circuits that usually get players noticed by the recruiting services. His senior year he has dominated some of the top recruits and the country, and is shooting 55% from 3. (Although that stat is disputed.)

He has talent, he's just now getting noticed. And I think being recruited by two big time programs like Michigan and Arkansas is pretty telling. (Not to mention St. John's, Toledo, and the other schools he never had interest in.)
Oh ok, I didn't know he was new to it. I did read where he absolutely owned one of Ohio St's heralded recruits earlier this year.

Pignominious

And check this out Rivals final 150 for the 06 class to be released on tuesday AM.  The article makes mention of a certain Patrick Beverly moving in.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=535294
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

thahawg

April 17, 2006, 07:32:18 pm #52 Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:33:51 pm by thahawg
Dang it i was just about to post that bearclaw
You know what they say great minds think alike. +1

HokieHawg

I have no idea how you guys find this stuff, but much props to all of you. Thanks again. Hope Patrick chooses the better team. You know...the ones that weren't relegated to the NIT last year

EastMemphisHog

No real info, but some things that are a good waste of time(except for number 1...it's a great waste of time).

1. Nothing to do w/ Bev, but one of the guys on that board had this picture of a UCLA cheerleader(Attached Below). Wow....

2. They started a poll about where Patrick will go and over 70% say Arkansas. Apparently some Hogvillians have been to the board and voted on us...That's funny
http://michigan.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=40&mid=72340512&sid=&tid=72340512&style=1

3. Somebody on the board "has connections"....ranging from Bev's friends to coach's etc. Apparently this guy thinks he knows the outcome before everyone else and refuses to tell all the Wolv's. I think he's full of it.
http://michigan.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=40&mid=72339719&sid=&tid=72339719&style=1

4. They think we are a "classy" recruiting opponent
http://michigan.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=40&mid=72336941&sid=&tid=72336941&style=1

I sure hope we get this guy. He sounds like he's been the real deal that went under the radar....

Kilgor

She already had spots on her arms.

TOO MUCH SUN!
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

TulsaHogFan

Hogz87

Quote from: big boes on April 16, 2006, 07:19:35 pm
Quote from: Hogz87 on April 16, 2006, 06:32:54 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he is a great player and a very good shooter.  But being able to make 9 out of 10 threes unguarded is alot different than being able to make 4 out of 10 with a hand in your face in a SEC game.  Heck I can sit out there and make 7 or 8 threes out of 10 unguarded.

bs

Yeah what do I know.  I mean in an empty gym with no one there but a couple of friends it's so difficult to make 7 three pointers out of 10.  I'm not saying I'm a good basketball player but I can shoot the tar out of the ball, that's about all I was good for in high school and jr. high ball.

HoopS

I can hit 14 foot rainbow jumpers all night.

94 Hawg

Quote from: cshivley1 on April 17, 2006, 07:53:56 pm

3. Somebody on the board "has connections"....ranging from Bev's friends to coach's etc. Apparently this guy thinks he knows the outcome before everyone else and refuses to tell all the Wolv's. I think he's full of it.
http://michigan.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=40&mid=72339719&sid=&tid=72339719&style=1

now we know where HBH went ;)
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Pignominious

Quote from: thahawg on April 17, 2006, 07:32:18 pm
Dang it i was just about to post that bearclaw
You know what they say great minds think alike. +1

So they say.

Hoghead

One shooter is'nt enough for this team. Heath better get hot!

Pignominious

Quote from: Hoghead on April 17, 2006, 08:41:04 pm

That is why he has 3 other players signed.

Hoghead

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on April 17, 2006, 08:49:25 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on April 17, 2006, 08:41:04 pm

Sonny Weems is a scorer but not a shooter. We need a couple of guys who can actually shoot the ball. Who are the other two cats Heath has signed?

That is why he has 3 other players signed.

Pignominious

He signed Stefan Welsh a 6'3 2 guard and Mike Washington a 6'9 combo forward.

Scout Team Defense

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on April 17, 2006, 05:33:10 pm
+1

just outta curiosity, how did you go about getting the number/asking the question?

Did a Google search for the high school and came up with the link I gave in my original post.  Just used some southern charm, told the lady I was from Arkansas and asked if a press conference had been announced yet.  The principle was in a meeting at the time so she had my call back 10 minutes later after she confirmed with him.

I'm betting this is one of the first "press conferences" this 2-A school has ever had, so it's probably a pretty big deal.

RandyFromJohnson

April 17, 2006, 09:26:58 pm #66 Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:29:01 pm by RandyFromJohnson
"I'm betting this is one of the first "press conferences" this 2-A school has ever had, so it's probably a pretty big deal."

Marshall is not 2-A in the sense that all you all think, like an Arkansas AA school. Marshall is a bigtime, west side of Chicago HS. The last thing it is, is a podunk school. I don't have their enrollment figures, but I'd bet they're as big, if not bigger, than the vast majority of Arkansas HS's. So, chances are, this is not the first press conference they've ever had.

In fact, they are (were) one of the premier girls HS basketball programs in the country when Dorothy Gaiters was coaching there. Not sure if she's still coaching, but they produced TONS of D-1 talent on the womens side. If you know the area this school is located, you'll also know they aren't hurting for athletes.

Scout Team Defense

Randy,

Good call!!  A 2A in Chi ain't a 2A in Arkansas.  Gaters is also their current athletic directory for both the girls and boys.

Arazorbackguy1

I think he will go to bed tonight and get up tomorrow morning.... It's a stretch, but I think that's what he will do.  OH, and he will announce he is coming to Arkansas on Wednesday!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

paragould25

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 17, 2006, 09:41:36 pm
I think he will go to bed tonight and get up tomorrow morning.... It's a stretch, but I think that's what he will do.  OH, and he will announce he is coming to Arkansas on Wednesday!
lol
I like you people.

Calling All Hogs

April 17, 2006, 10:28:09 pm #71 Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:30:16 pm by CallMeHog
Quote from: Bogarto on April 17, 2006, 08:53:37 pm
Hes a diamond in the rough- Otis.

Otis is having dreams about nude male basketball players? Is Captain Kirk too far gone on the
space ship to ever return to earth? LOL

Beverley will be a hog. He has to be. I can't take another Forest City Joe "I hate to say I told you so..." LOL

RandyFromJohnson

Quote from: Scout Team Defense on April 17, 2006, 09:40:02 pm
Randy,

Good call!!  A 2A in Chi ain't a 2A in Arkansas.  Gaters is also their current athletic directory for both the girls and boys.

I lived in the area for awhile, and watching the highlights of some of those CPL (Chicago Public League, for the rest of you) games were awesome. This is around the time Quentin Richardson, Bobby Simmons, Leon King, the Bailey brothers, Eddy Curry (a little later), Sean Dockery, Corey Maggette, etc. were going thru the city. There were some SERIOUS players. More players (and I mean PLAYERS) in 1 year than Arkansas will produce in 10. Not a knock on Arkansas HS ball, just a reflection of how strong the talent in that city is. That's not even including Peoria, which has a huge HS basketball reputation.

EastMemphisHog

Here's all of Beverly's stats. Look how many points this guy scored in each game. Pretty ridiculous. Marshall finished 3rd in the state tournament

http://www.ihsa.org/activity/bkb/tourney/2info7.htm

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Bogarto on April 17, 2006, 10:51:53 pm
Supposedly Thad Young and Ramar Smith were locks to commit to us....I have a feeling Beverly will be a Wolverine.

From what I've seen the kid may be torn right now but apparently he is getting a lot of pressure from those around him to go to Michigan (Big X, closer to home, chance to see him play, etc.)
I think the chances of his coming to Arkansas are probably about 30-40%. Hope I'm wrong.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

mbgrulz

if we dont get PB, let the coaching search begin! look at what we'll have:

starters: if brewer stays                          starters: if brewer leaves
PG - Ervin                                             PG - Ervin
SG - Brewer                                          SG - Mccurdy
SF - Weems                                          SF - Weems
PF - Townes/Thomas                              PF - Townes/ Thomas
C -   Hill                                                C - Hill

Bench:                                                 Bench: 
G - welsh                                               G - Welsh
G - mccurdy                                           G -Cranford
G - Cranford                                           F - Washington (MAYBE)
F - Washington (MAYBE)                           F - Thomas
F - Thomas                                             F - Hunter
F - Hunter                                              F - McGowan
F - McGowan

Scout Team Defense

Quote from: cshivley1 on April 17, 2006, 10:35:46 pm
Here's all of Beverly's stats. Look how many points this guy scored in each game. Pretty ridiculous. Marshall finished 3rd in the state tournament

http://www.ihsa.org/activity/bkb/tourney/2info7.htm

Holy smokes!!!  And look at the %!!!!  Amazing!!!  Not the 55% from 3 that I've heard people speculate, but still in the mid 40's. 

felixfan

and the kid averaged 1022 points per game.lol. good ole dependable school stats.

hogfankb

if we dont get PB, let the coaching search begin! look at what we'll have:

starters: if brewer stays                          starters: if brewer leaves
PG - Ervin                                             PG - Ervin
SG - Brewer                                          SG - Mccurdy SG - Welsh
SF - Weems                                          SF - Weems
PF - Townes/Thomas                              PF - Townes/ Thomas
C -   Hill                                                C - Hill

Bench:                                                 Bench: 
G - welsh                                               G - Welsh G - McCurdy
G - mccurdy                                           G -Cranford
G - Cranford                                           F - Washington (MAYBE)
F - Washington (MAYBE)                           F - Thomas
F - Thomas                                             F - Hunter
F - Hunter                                              F - McGowan
F - McGowan

Fixed that for ya.

mbgrulz

think so? i dont think it will change anything in the W & L columns, but if you think so, ill go along. i have heard little to none about welsh, so i just went by seniority.

hogfankb

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 18, 2006, 11:00:00 am
think so? i dont think it will change anything in the W & L columns, but if you think so, ill go along. i have heard little to none about welsh, so i just went by seniority.

He kinda wins in my book just because I can't picture McCurdy scoring that much. And I thought that is what a SG was suppose to do.

But you are right. McCurdy may HAVE to be the guy for us.

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogfankb on April 18, 2006, 11:03:06 am
Quote from: mbgrulz on April 18, 2006, 11:00:00 am
But you are right. McCurdy may HAVE to be the guy for us.
yeah, and that will be sad. not his fault, but we're just not gonna win any games like that.

TennesseeRaz

Check out the complementary stats before the Beverely thread was derailed:  http://www.ihsa.org/activity/bkb/tourney/2info7.htm

I like that FT % and the assists to complement the scoring.

Hoghead

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on April 17, 2006, 09:06:03 pm
He signed Stefan Welsh a 6'3 2 guard and Mike Washington a 6'9 combo forward.

But for the love of Polk County can they put the ball in the hole? The washingtom kid is a 6th year Sr. from Mcghee isn't he? Is there another High School he has to attend before he becomes a Hog?

Richard_white

Quote from: aristotle on April 16, 2006, 09:53:48 am
I know people blast Heath for not being able to recruit (even though we are #22 currently per rivals http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=477059&sid=910) but this article shows some skill on Heath's part. The fact he could even get the kid to come down here when he prejudged NW Arkansas as cow pastures and barns is pretty impressive IMO. Couple that with timing of the real deal and I think we made a big impression on the kid. His choice to make a quick decision could benefit us.

It's not that he can't recruit, he cannot recruit the right players.

Like a true PG and a TRUE SG (not someone that will throw up anything he catches)

Bad_Intentions

Welsh isn't highly-regarded at all. I seriously, seriously doubt he starts a game for us next year. Who knows? But yeah, I damn sure don't like McCurdy there either. Basically, if PB's a hog, there's some potential at that spot. If he's not, we're in big-time trouble next year. Brewer ain't coming back.
WPS!!

zwhogfan

Welsh is highly regarded, Scout rates him as the #20 SG in the nation and a 4-star. I don't think he gets as much press as alot of other recruits, but the guy can play. Here is the link http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=1163417

Hugehogsfan

I think that whatever happens we might be in a little trouble with experience next year.  It could be said that hopefully our big guys step up and with them and Ervin we could be alright though. 

pfrg999

... what will be the outcome....Does anyone have any news... or any thoughts ???
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Josef

Is that for sure he is deciding today? If so, anyone know what time?

zwhogfan

Josef, he has a press conference @ 3:00

Dewman

Josef

pfrg999

I am worried... that he is Michigan Bound
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Josef

I dont see any real facts pointing to one school or the other

HogFanLR

There are not any facts...just suppositions...

He made his decision a few days ago...Supposedly OK and DD know what the decision is and have been asked to sit on it.  (I also suppose SH and Tommy A of Michigan knows as well)

In addition (reportedly)

The decision was made while at the UA
He has told some UA players he will be back
He really loved his visit and sees a spot for him on our team.

I would say it looks good, but then again so did all the comments on TY.  Know for sure at 3:00.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: HogFanLR on April 19, 2006, 11:36:43 am
There are not any facts...just suppositions...

He made his decision a few days ago...Supposedly OK and DD know what the decision is and have been asked to sit on it.  (I also suppose SH and Tommy A of Michigan knows as well)

In addition (reportedly)

The decision was made while at the UA
He has told some UA players he will be back
He really loved his visit and sees a spot for him on our team.

I would say it looks good, but then again so did all the comments on TY.  Know for sure at 3:00.

OK and DD, whos that
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

zwhogfan

Otis Kirk and Dudley Dawson

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 19, 2006, 11:43:15 am
My gut feeling is that he is a hog.  My gut feeling was that Ramar Smith was going to be a Vol.  I feel there's going to be a big Woo Pig Sooee in about 3 hours and 15 minutes.

hope you are right
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 19, 2006, 11:43:15 am
My gut feeling is that he is a hog.  My gut feeling was that Ramar Smith was going to be a Vol.  I feel there's going to be a big Woo Pig Sooee in about 3 hours and 15 minutes.

That is one big gut you have...  Maybe you should start drinking the light beer!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.