Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brewer - NBA or return to Ark?

Started by Mike Shelton, March 17, 2006, 01:49:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Shelton

im just curious on what you fellow hog fans believe will TRUELY happen.

Tater Salad

you're absolutely right...no way he gets drafted high after that

Highway Hog Sign

I've thought he would come back all year.

He didn't have a very good game today.  PLUS, he won't want to go out on a losing note.  I predict he comes back.

Pick your head up, Hogs.  The future's still bright....
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

jabohog

Well next year maybe we can get past the Patriot League and play with the big boys.

nobballconcept

HE IS NOT READY, BUT WHY COME BACK TO HORRIBLE COACHING WHEN MILLIONS ARE WAITING FOR YOU

Chief Mac

You guys think that the NBA will judge RB on just one game?  Me thinks not!

He is as good as gone.  Wishful thinking to think otherwise.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

HogtiedinLR

He's sooooo gone. :'( :razorback:  Just like our season.  Maybe he can take Stan w/him.

Salvaboar Dali

I would tell him to go.

He is a blown knee away from missing out on a big contract. He needs to think of Ronnnie right now.

Boss Hogg

I've heard he's been dropping in the mock drafts...out of the top 10...this will probably put him even lower.

Cornhogio

I hope he leaves.  I'm sick of him disappearing when we need him most.  Bye Ronnie. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Kevin

better come back or play in the nbdl
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razorhead69

Go!!  we will have to start over again anyway.We will suck with or without him.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 17, 2006, 01:54:49 pm
You guys think that the NBA will judge RB on just one game?  Me thinks not!

He is as good as gone.  Wishful thinking to think otherwise.

WPS

Chris

The question is not whether the NBA will want Brewer.  Obviously he could get drafted high, (I've seen as high as 8th on the draft boards).

The point I'm trying to make is that he may not want to leave like this.  He may not want the last game he ever plays as a Razorback to be a poor performance in which they lose to Bucknell.  There's alot of incentive to return.

(And yes, "ha ha ha", there are MILLIONS of incentives for him to go pro.  It's not always about money.)
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

HOGLEG

Let's see... can't shoot and won't play any D. I hope he does leave. Ervin at the point next year with Sonny Weems taking RB's spot will be a major improvment IMO.

pheine78

If the NBA was offering me $5M a year, there would be little doubt about what I would do.  Come back for a championship?  Yeah right!!!  I wish he would come back though
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

Hawgndaaz

just a thought....
  when buknel was shooting freethrows right before our last posession, the camera zoomed in on RB. My roommate pointed out something very interesting...RB didn't appear to be sweating at all... No perspiration whatsoever... he then goes down and misses the game-tying shot from 5 feet...interesting. this late in the game/season, you would expect your star to be primed and ready to go...

someone mentioned him not being there when we needed him. not saying it is an indicater at all, but something out of the ordinary to think about.

lemme know what you guys think?

hog37

Brewer is not ready.  For God's sake, Thurman didnt make it and I doubt that Brewer will ever be the player Scottie was.  Struggled against Bucknell today, not exactly NBA talent.  Stay in school and get better. 

pheine78

Quote from: HOGLEG on March 17, 2006, 02:01:33 pm
Let's see... can't shoot and won't play any D. I hope he does leave. Ervin at the point next year with Sonny Weems taking RB's spot will be a major improvment IMO.
Won't play D?  Obvioulsy you didn't see him play this year.  Maybe you just listened to a couple of games on the radio.

wincrimson

Cornhogio

pheine78

hog37

Even though I dont think he is ready for the NBA, I dont see him returning.  I think his dad has seen enough and the thought of another season like the past 3 doesnt really stomach well.

flash23

If you lead the SEC in scoring and steals-per-game it OBVIOUSLY means you don't play defense and can't score.
What a ridiculous thing to say.
With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept.

DOGALUM

You idiots that are hoping that Brewer leaves are welcome to find another team to cheer for/against.  What a bunch of tools!!  You are not hog fans.   Period!!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HOGLEG

Quote from: pheine78 on March 17, 2006, 02:05:41 pm
Won't play D?  Obvioulsy you didn't see him play this year.  Maybe you just listened to a couple of games on the radio.
Let me quess... You're one of those guys that are going to start spouting off about how many steals he's racked up. Let me spell it out for you... Ronnie Brewer DOES NOT PLAY SOUND DEF.! He gambles too much. His man usually blows right passed him. He compromises our team Def.. He's supposed to be projected as a PG in the NBA.... I can't see it. He doesn't have good enough "handle". He can't shoot for stuff. He just hasn't proven himself worthy of all the accolades IMO!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HogtiedinLR on March 17, 2006, 01:55:16 pm
He's sooooo gone. :'( :razorback:  Just like our season.  Maybe he can take Stan w/him.

Anyone else notice how flooded the board gets with FIRST TIME posters after a loss ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 02:20:11 pm

Anyone else notice how flooded the board gets with FIRST TIME posters after a loss ???

That's an interesting observation.  Makes sense, too.

I just don't get the guys who are like "Good riddance" to the best player we've had in years.  He obviously loves the school and came to Arkansas at a time when we were at our lowest point.  He could have went to play for OKState, the big "Flavor of the Week" school at the time but he decided to come here.  But now, idiots like Hogleg and Cornhogio are trying to push him out the door.

Anybody who wants Brewer to leave based on what happened today is a freakin' idiot.  Two weeks ago, I bet they were asking God to make him stay.

jforte

I would like to see Ronnie stay myself.

Soooie21

I could see him staying and getting his degree..he is a good player, but I don't feel he is NBA ready...I would hope he comes back.. and we can get a true point and he can play without the ball more..

Cornhogio

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 02:29:06 pm

I just don't get the guys who are like "Good riddance" to the best player we've had in years.  He obviously loves the school and came to Arkansas at a time when we were at our lowest point.  He could have went to play for OKState, the big "Flavor of the Week" school at the time but he decided to come here.  But now, idiots like Hogleg and Cornhogio are trying to push him out the door.

Anybody who wants Brewer to leave based on what happened today is a freakin' idiot.  Two weeks ago, I bet they were asking God to make him stay.

So because we don't agree with you, we're idiots?  I respect your opinion, so why can't you respect mine?  For what it's worth, I've always felt that in big games in big situations, Brewer tends to disappear.  Sure there have been some notable exceptions, but as a rule, our big gun is hard to find when it's money time.

wincrimson

Tell me, what 21 year old kid would pass up millions in the NBA for college ball? Granted, not all make it. Many don't... but Brewer would make it. He's got skillz.

PHill94

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 01:50:40 pm
I've thought he would come back all year.

He didn't have a very good game today.  PLUS, he won't want to go out on a losing note.  I predict he comes back.

Pick your head up, Hogs.  The future's still bright....

A lot of good it would do him to return to this losing bunch. Take the money and run Brewer! far far away!

RazorCaddy

March 17, 2006, 02:47:29 pm #32 Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:50:40 pm by RazorCaddy
Quote from: Tater Salad on March 17, 2006, 01:50:31 pm
you're absolutely right...no way he gets drafted high after that
Joe Johnson did about equal with his team while he was here . Atleast Joe took us to a SEC championship. They won't judge him off this loss.

hogtheball

Quote from: hog37 on March 17, 2006, 02:05:30 pm
Brewer is not ready.  For God's sake, Thurman didnt make it and I doubt that Brewer will ever be the player Scottie was.  Struggled against Bucknell today, not exactly NBA talent.  Stay in school and get better. 

Please don't compare Brewer's NBA stock to Thurman - you won't find a scout or coach in the world to agree with that statement.  Brewer is a lot faster, is a better rebounder, better passer, better slasher, better defender, and handles the ball a lot better.  Thurman was a better outside shooter.  There is absolutely no comparison between the two other than they played for the Hogs. 

Nobody is going to recruit Brewer as their spot-up shooter.  The big questions with Brewer in the NBA is, does he have the heart to play defense, and will he work hard enough to improve? 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

HOGLEG

Idiot huh? Well, I won't lower myself to your maturity level by calling you names and such. But on to the subject at hand... I'm not trying to "push him out the door". I just don't see it as all that big of a loss it he decides to leave. As I've stated in a different thread, Sonny Weems is just about the same type of player. Only difference is that Weems will actually defend someone. Just my opinion, but I'd rather have Modica back than RB. At least Modica can half-way shoot... He doesn't look like he's swimming the breast stroke when he's shooting the ball. RB just doesn't impress me all that much, that's all. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

seanj22

I think if we made it to the oh so sweet 16, he wouldve stayed.but instead we lost to bucknell

MrsPiggy

I think a lot depends on Brewer's assessment of the Hogs next year.  If he feels the team has a shot to really improve next year, I bet he stays.  Brewer obviously wants to go high in the draft and playing another year might improve his chances. 

But can you honestly criticize him for taking the money?  It's easy for us to sit here and say "stay for the love of the Hogs" but seriously, I'd take the money in heartbeat.  Money can last a lot longer than say, a SEC championship.  That's just life.  I hope he stays but I totally understand if he doesn't.

pikehog

fineswine

I have had it with the Scottie Thurman was better than this guy or that guy. The guy could do one thing, shoot the ball.  He had little athleticism, couldn't handle the ball, slow, couldn't create his own shot, etc. Scottie was a wonderful COLLEGE player, no pro potential.  The people that get paid to recognize this passed on him.  Brewer is the real deal.

RazorCaddy

Quote from: HOGLEG on March 17, 2006, 02:54:36 pm

Idiot huh? Well, I won't lower myself to your maturity level by calling you names and such. But on to the subject at hand... I'm not trying to "push him out the door". I just don't see it as all that big of a loss it he decides to leave. As I've stated in a different thread, Sonny Weems is just about the same type of player. Only difference is that Weems will actually defend someone. Just my opinion, but I'd rather have Modica back than RB. At least Modica can half-way shoot... He doesn't look like he's swimming the breast stroke when he's shooting the ball. RB just doesn't impress me all that much, that's all. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
I completely agree with you on this Hogleg. Yeah, RB might be able to defend well and penetrate well but look how far it has gotten his team. 0-1 in the NCAA tournament during his carreer. I'll take Thurman over RB any day of the week when it comes down to being a high emotion and energy player that can hit the clutch shots.

hogtheball

Quote from: RazorCaddy on March 17, 2006, 03:12:41 pm
Quote from: HOGLEG on March 17, 2006, 02:54:36 pm

I completely agree with you on this Hogleg. Yeah, RB might be able to defend well and penetrate well but look how far it has gotten his team. 0-1 in the NCAA tournament during his carreer. I'll take Thurman over RB any day of the week when it comes down to being a high emotion and energy player that can hit the clutch shots.

Thurman could shoot, but don't forget he had two things Brewer has never had - he had the best power forward in the country being double-teamed the entire game and he had an actual point guard who knew how and when to get him the ball.   
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

RevBroHogg

He'll stay - his dad want him to get his degree.

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Cornhogio on March 17, 2006, 02:42:24 pm

So because we don't agree with you, we're idiots?  I respect your opinion, so why can't you respect mine?  For what it's worth, I've always felt that in big games in big situations, Brewer tends to disappear.  Sure there have been some notable exceptions, but as a rule, our big gun is hard to find when it's money time.

No..not an idiot..I said "freaking idiot".  It's not because we just happen to disagree about something.  But when your opinion is so egregious, it makes me you're an idiot.

I hope you're not, by-the-way, but it seem as though you are.  I'll applaud you for telling me you respect my opinion, though.

But back to the issue, you and everyone else who are leaving these "Good Riddance" posts are idiots, plain and simple.  He's the best player on our team.  He'll be on the Naismith Watch list all year next year if he stays.  He was our leading scorer for the first two-thirds of the season and when we asked him to give up his role as scorer and play point, he became the leading assist-man.  That makes him versatile.  Oh, it makes him unselfish, as well.  He's a good kid..he's a great representative for the team and school.   If you want someone like that to leave the team you like, I have a problem respecting anything you say after that.

Sorry dude.  I hate to be so abrasive but it's the truth.

go hogues

He shouldn't go pro.  It seems like so many times Arkansas players think they are ready and are not.  He would probably end up playing for the rimrockers next season anyways.  Just watching him play, it looks as if one more season at Arkansas would be a good investment. IMO
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: go hogues on March 17, 2006, 04:02:00 pm
He shouldn't go pro.  It seems like so many times Arkansas players think they are ready and are not.  He would probably end up playing for the rimrockers next season anyways.  Just watching him play, it looks as if one more season at Arkansas would be a good investment. IMO

Name 48 players you would draft higher.  Hell, make it 12.

clemensrules01

think brewer should leave to the NBA arent really razorback fans. he is easily the best player we have had since joe johnson.  he led the SEC is scoring and steals.  he is the ONLY FRICKEN REASON we were in the tournament. just because he couldnt carry the team on his back this game like he has all year doesnt mean he should leave. that is stupid. i cannot believe any true razorback fan would dog Ronnie Brewer.  without ronnie brewer, i wouldnt give a shiite about this team because we would have finished second to last in the SEC West.  Ronnie Brewer cares about this team. i think he will return next year to lead us to the Elite 8. frick the ronnie haters, cuz you are not hog fans.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: clemensrules01 on March 17, 2006, 04:27:32 pm
think brewer should leave to the NBA arent really razorback fans. he is easily the best player we have had since joe johnson.  he led the SEC is scoring and steals.  he is the ONLY FRICKEN REASON we were in the tournament. just because he couldnt carry the team on his back this game like he has all year doesnt mean he should leave. that is stupid. i cannot believe any true razorback fan would dog Ronnie Brewer.  without ronnie brewer, i wouldnt give a shiite about this team because we would have finished second to last in the SEC West.  Ronnie Brewer cares about this team. i think he will return next year to lead us to the Elite 8. frick the ronnie haters, cuz you are not hog fans.

I want to see him leave because I think it is the best for him. I agree with you as for the "Ronnie Haterz" though.

DOGALUM

These are the same guys that wanted to pull Mustain's schollie and tell him to piss off.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 17, 2006, 04:32:30 pm

These are the same guys that wanted to pull Mustain's schollie and tell him to piss off.

And thought Nolan couldn't coach in 1989.

clemensrules01

HOGLEG, youre an idiot.
Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on March 17, 2006, 04:01:39 pm
Quote from: Cornhogio on March 17, 2006, 02:42:24 pm

No..not an idiot..I said "freaking idiot".  It's not because we just happen to disagree about something.  But when your opinion is so egregious, it makes me you're an idiot.

I hope you're not, by-the-way, but it seem as though you are.  I'll applaud you for telling me you respect my opinion, though.

But back to the issue, you and everyone else who are leaving these "Good Riddance" posts are idiots, plain and simple.  He's the best player on our team.  He'll be on the Naismith Watch list all year next year if he stays.  He was our leading scorer for the first two-thirds of the season and when we asked him to give up his role as scorer and play point, he became the leading assist-man.  That makes him versatile.  Oh, it makes him unselfish, as well.  He's a good kid..he's a great representative for the team and school.   If you want someone like that to leave the team you like, I have a problem respecting anything you say after that.

Sorry dude.  I hate to be so abrasive but it's the truth.
bingo. brewer is the only reason we were in the tournament. cornhogio and hogleg are both idiots, pure and simple.