Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If You Could Fire Any College Coach Tomorrow

Started by Shizzle, February 26, 2006, 01:44:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shizzle

From any school, in any sport, who would it be?

I wouldn't do them the favor of firing Fat Phil Tennessee might be awesome with a good coach.

Chuck Amato at North Carolina State, I can't stand that guy.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

NuttsSacked

PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!!!  We've been getting along so well lately.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: NuttsSacked on February 26, 2006, 01:45:43 pm

no chit

I still don't like acorns, especially "precious" ones

Broken Trigger

John Brady, i would like to see that jerk fired and not be able to get another coaching job.

NuttsSacked

Chuck Amato is a clown though.  Talk about some goofy sunglasses.  Jeebus.

Franchise_Hog

Bob Stoops - just to see the look on his face.

TorsinAHog

John McDonnell.  What has he done for the U of A?  

For those of you who cant get sarcasm-THIS WAS A JOKE!

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

chiefsfan

Joe Paterno...because he doesnt actually do any real coaching right now anyway...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Fletch

I feel like $100

Fletch

Mack Brown, Cliff Barnes and their a-hole baseball coach too.
I feel like $100

Sanctified Swine

Cheaney for sure

He should have been fired after the classless Thug incident - his color saved him

SAUhogfan

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: Fletch on February 26, 2006, 02:25:20 pm
Mack Brown, Cliff Barnes and their a-hole baseball coach too.

Cliff Barnes is probably still losing out to JR Ewing.

Rick Barnes is the basketball coach.  He's also very much a class guy, and is a hell of a coach.  No need to bag on him just because he's at UT.  A few weeks ago there were quite a few people here wanting him to be our next coach.

lumphog

Quote from: NuttsSacked on February 26, 2006, 01:45:43 pm
HA HA HA HA HA.............That`s a good one....KARMA for the laugh

jrw11475

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 26, 2006, 02:10:55 pm
Joe Paterno...because he doesnt actually do any real coaching right now anyway...

As well as Bowden

secthumper

....Susie Gardner....and hire the lady from Baylor IMMEDIATELY!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

Broken Trigger

Quote from: HoopHog on February 26, 2006, 02:15:53 pm
Quote from: RazorbackRick on February 26, 2006, 01:48:10 pm
John Brady, i would like to see that jerk fired and not be able to get another coaching job.

DAMN...you beat me to it.  GREAT ANSWER!!!

Thanks.  At least we are thinking along the same lines.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

NuttsSacked

February 26, 2006, 08:41:28 pm #21 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 08:53:03 pm by NuttsSacked
Quote from: secthumper on February 26, 2006, 06:34:37 pm

I worked with a guy in the IP Bastrop paper mill several years ago.  He was the father of Chelsea Newton.  Chelsea played for Vivian Stringer and received her degree from Rutgers.  She's now in the WNBA.

One morning, while Chelsea was still in high school, her father, Waymond, was taking great pleasure in his daughters recruiting process and calling coaches all over the country via my office phone.

After a couple of hours of this, I broke into the conversation Waymond was having at the time and told him to give me the phone.  I introduced myself and asked who I was speaking to.  It happened to be Kim Mulkey-Robertson just after she had taken the job at Baylor.

I informed Mrs. Robertson she was about the 3rd coach Waymond had called that morning and she should beware of him.  Of course, I acted like I was kidding, but she knew better.  Waymond wasn't exactly happy about my comments, but knew his daughter was going to play for Stringer.

Long story short, Robertson and I continued to talk for about a half hour.  Based on that conversation, this is what I surmise...

There ain't NO WAY Robertson could work for Bev.  KMR has a personality that would run roughshod over her.  Secondly, Robertson has won a national championship and she now demands more money than the University of Arkansas is willing to pay. 

Robertson would be a great choice for coach of the Lady Razorback's, but it's not going to happen. 

The university isn't committed to hiring the best men's coaches.  What makes you think they'll shell out the big bucks for a female coach?     

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tophawg19

not for gardner in place of gardner . stan has saved his job so that frees up plenty of money . with a good coach ladyback basketball could become a money making sport .

whatsshakinbacon

Dwight_K_Shrute

This discussion should start and end with Gardner.  It has reached the point of being ridiculous. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 26, 2006, 08:51:17 pm
not for gardner in place of gardner . stan has saved his job so that frees up plenty of money . with a good coach ladyback basketball could become a money making sport .

Agreed that the ladies could start making money.  LR has shown a propensity to support SEC ladies basketball.  If the Lady Backs could put any kind of exciting/winning product on the court they could draw like hell in 3 games a year in LR since they are hog hungry down their.  And would help the attendance at home as well, and make them a statewide program.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Calling All Hogs

February 26, 2006, 08:58:42 pm #27 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:10:20 pm by CallMeHog
Hey come on guys. It's the fact that Bowden and Patero don't do any coaching any more and are still
having winning teams that gives me hope Arkansas can win with Nutt still as HC!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: CallMeHog on February 26, 2006, 08:58:42 pm
Hey come on guys. It's the fact that Bowden and Patero don't do any coaching any more and still
having winning teams that gives me hope Arkansas can win with Nutt still as HC!

You win one point....  This hope drives me as well.

Bacon out...

Richard_white

Larry Finch

I know he isnt a coach anymore but I always hated when he carried a rolled up paper.  Plus he said some bad things against the Razorbacks.

WPS

Olive Branch Hog

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 26, 2006, 09:01:40 pm
Larry Finch

I know he isnt a coach anymore but I always hated when he carried a rolled up paper.  Plus he said some bad things against the Razorbacks.

WPS

Yeah...and now he is in a wheelchair permanently.  Nice pick.

Broken Trigger

I have to chime in with the voters for Suzie Gardner.  She is a real close 2nd to Brady for me.  The Ladybacks have now lost 8 in a row. 

Richard_white

Quote from: Olive Branch Hog on February 26, 2006, 09:13:09 pm
Larry Finch

WPS

As a coach I would fire him, I had nothing to say about his disability.  I would still fire him becuase of his actions but Memphis fired him for violations.

tophawg19

hell we'd be better without a coach than with susie .

secthumper

Quote from: NuttsSacked on February 26, 2006, 08:41:28 pm

I worked with a guy in the IP Bastrop paper mill several years ago.  He was the father of Chelsea Newton.  Chelsea played for Vivian Stringer and received her degree from Rutgers.  She's now in the WNBA.

One morning, while Chelsea was still in high school, her father, Waymond, was taking great pleasure in his daughters recruiting process and calling coaches all over the country via my office phone.

After a couple of hours of this, I broke into the conversation Waymond was having at the time and told him to give me the phone.  I introduced myself and asked who I was speaking to.  It happened to be Kim Mulkey-Robertson just after she had taken the job at Baylor.

I informed Mrs. Robertson she was about the 3rd coach Waymond had called that morning and she should beware of him.  Of course, I acted like I was kidding, but she knew better.  Waymond wasn't exactly happy about my comments, but knew his daughter was going to play for Stringer.

Long story short, Robertson and I continued to talk for about a half hour.  Based on that conversation, this is what I surmise...

There ain't NO WAY Robertson could work for Bev.  KMR has a personality that would run roughshod over her.  Secondly, Robertson has won a national championship and she now demands more money than the University of Arkansas is willing to pay. 

Robertson would be a great choice for coach of the Lady Razorback's, but it's not going to happen. 

The university isn't committed to hiring the best men's coaches.  What makes you think they'll shell out the big bucks for a female coach?     

....The reason is called The Razorback Foundation, my good friend!!....

"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

secthumper

Quote from: NuttsSacked on February 26, 2006, 08:41:28 pm

....The reason is called The Razorback Foundation, my good friend!!....

Olive Branch Hog

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 26, 2006, 09:17:51 pm
Larry Finch

WPS

As a coach I would fire him, I had nothing to say about his disability.  I would still fire him becuase of his actions but Memphis fired him for violations.

I am neither a Tigers fan, nor a Tiger historian, but I think you need to check some facts regarding Finch and allegations.  He was fired mid-season, but the reason was poor performance best I remember.

jrw11475

Larry Finch

WPS

What happened to Larry Finch?

Richard_white

February 26, 2006, 09:31:17 pm #38 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:49:31 pm by razorbacks4life27
Quote from: Olive Branch Hog on February 26, 2006, 09:25:28 pm
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 26, 2006, 09:17:51 pm
Larry Finch

WPS

I am neither a Tigers fan, nor a Tiger historian, but I think you need to check some facts regarding Finch and allegations.  He was fired mid-season, but the reason was poor performance best I remember.

He was told to quit because of poor performance. your correct but he was investigated for recruiting vilolations.

Which no violation occur.

WPS

Olive Branch Hog

Quote from: jrw11475 on February 26, 2006, 09:28:51 pm
Larry Finch

WPS

Had a stroke a couple years ago.  They have honored him a time or two in the past two years at Grizzlies and Tigers games.   The Tigers are in the Top 10 of my least favorite teams, but Larry Finch was to Tigers as Sidney Moncrief is to the Hogs.   He was a special player on a great team.  Sad to see him have that happen in the prime of his life.

Richard_white

Quote from: Olive Branch Hog on February 26, 2006, 09:32:39 pm
Quote from: jrw11475 on February 26, 2006, 09:28:51 pm
Larry Finch

WPS

Had a stroke a couple years ago.  They have honored him a time or two in the past two years at Grizzlies and Tigers games.   The Tigers are in the Top 10 of my least favorite teams, but Larry Finch was to Tigers as Sidney Moncrief is to the Hogs.   He was a special player on a great team.  Sad to see him have that happen in the prime of his life.

Well sorry that it happened to him and in his prime but as a hog fan he said some shite about the razorbacks while he was coaching Memphis and he always got on my nerves with that paper rolled up (like Tark of UNLV with the towel).

We should'nt take things personal on here..the question was asked what coach would you fire and I answered the question.  Sorry if I struck a nerve with that answer but Thats my answer and I am sticking to it.

WPS

Hog_from_Tulsa

Pete Carroll - for his classless play calling against us this year (going for it on 4th down when USC is up by 40)
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

the donger

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 26, 2006, 08:51:17 pm
sport?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

It is TOMORROW.

FIRE HOUSTON DALE NUTT

You guys are all wusses...

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 27, 2006, 01:15:05 am
It is TOMORROW.

FIRE HOUSTON DALE NUTT

You guys are all wusses...

Nah, we're not wusses, you're just starting to itch really, really bad.

Bacon out...

Richard_white

But isnt he already going to be fired? (We can only pray in 07)

God I hope so

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogfan13 on February 26, 2006, 03:03:28 pm
SUSIE GARDNER

Nah. Give her another chance. The program is just about to turn the corner... :)

hoggystyle78

HawgWyld

Quote from: Bogarto on February 27, 2006, 08:27:13 am
Quote from: HawgWyld on February 27, 2006, 01:41:25 am
Quote from: hogfan13 on February 26, 2006, 03:03:28 pm
SUSIE GARDNER

Nah. Give her another chance. The program is just about to turn the corner... :)

Yeah....wait till next year.

There you go. The team's young! Blair left her with no recruits! There were several games when the Hogs were just *this* close -- a couple of free throws and those losses would have been victories! She just doesn't have the right assistants in yet! There's an NCAA cloud that hampered recruiting, but you just wait until you see the class coming in next year!

;)

billself4prez

Gary Blair was and still is one of the best coaches we have had up on the hill.  Bev Lewis is the one that should be fired.  Gary told me that he would have stayed at the University for $200,000 less dollars than he is making at A & M.