Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Fans aka Non Razorback Fans

Started by Lanny, June 20, 2011, 12:35:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

You may discuss your team at will in the SEC forum however you may not troll on the recrutiting forum or Razorback discussion forums.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

kingofdequeen

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Crackerbox24 on September 07, 2011, 11:45:43 am
I don't understand why any non- Razorback fans would be on here.

I go on the Tennessee site frequently and occasionally post comments on it.  I do it mainly because they are down right now, I'm taking great delight in that, and I can't help but rub it in as much as I can.  Living in Memphis, I take great pleasure in that.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

MarveyMizzou

For the same reasons that other fans come to our boards.  For discussion.  St Louis guy here.  During the baseball playoffs we had good discussions with Phiily fans, Brewer fans (albeit our biggest current rival and the two teams don't like each other), and Ranger fans during the World Series.  Diverse opinions.  It's actually fun if you have an open mind.

FLHawgGrl

>:(

I work at a law firm in Pensacola.  I am known as the huge razorback fan here.  So far I have dealt with Auburn and LSU attorneys coming down to my office. At least the Auburn atty acted like he was sad for us.  Hell no, not the LSU fan.  Just laughed, laughed, laughed.  I reminded him about glass houses.   
YES I AM A CHIC WHO LOVES FOOTBALL!

HogWildBison2011

I believe any new registered profiles should be watched for the first week or so, any trolling or bashing delete them and make sure that email cannot be used again to register.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Seriously?  How much fun would this site be if very one agreed and said the same thing.
Let's make some waves.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 28, 2011, 03:17:06 pm
I go on the Tennessee site frequently and occasionally post comments on it.  I do it mainly because they are down right now, I'm taking great delight in that, and I can't help but rub it in as much as I can.  Living in Memphis, I take great pleasure in that.

enjoy it while you can....we continue to relish the Stoerner fumble

jbcarol

June 21, 2014, 10:10:14 am #9 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:12:38 am by jbcarol
Menu select template to ease composing a passionate message to defend your school's star arrested for felony activity (been there, done that, never again):

You don't know all the facts involved in the [kick in the head / sucker punch / gang assault / gun shot / car vandalism] toward the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman].

You and most the others in this thread are prime examples of people that slurp up the [NY Times / TMZ / Yahoo!Sports Investigative Reports] drive-by media world that we live in today. You hear something or read something and instead of actually trusting only what [I poast / other apologists from my university / the player's defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] you choose to poast [actual police reports / independent corroborating witness accounts / the judge's statement just before the part where the judge gives an nth chance and rules misdemeanor with double secret probation while collecting a sky box upgrade].

I never said our guy was a [choirboy / philanthropist / SEC Good Works 5-time Award Winner]. I simply said that I would believe a [3-time charged with felony but reduced to misdemeanor with double secret probation / practitioner of sexual assault on unwilling pre-teens / persistent domestic abuse guy in town where folks are warned to not bring charges against ballers or else] over the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / scared-for-her-life young woman].

I never said the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman] deserved anything for what [he/she] did in [grammer / junior high / officers training] school. I simply pointed out that [his/her imposition on our star player putting our season at risk / the total lack of critical thought and self awareness on my part] makes this person [scum / less than trust worthy with the four-team college playoff now on the line]. I strongly implied that he and his [defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] just know, they just know that the victim [still in a coma / relocating to another town / entering the witness protection program] most likely said or did something that [provocted (sic) / started] the [fight / sexual assault / act of vandalism / theft] and it was [justfied (sic) / excused as an extremely talented and entitled college athletes being college athletes].

I can't help it if you and others on this board actually believed the crap about someone getting [beaten down by defensive front seven and offensive backfield in a college bar / pulled from a truck and beaten / pushed down the stairs at her friend's apartment / _______]. I can't help it if you actually believed someone was seriously injured.

I simply said the truth. It takes two to [tango / initiate and receive a goodly beating / give and receive a [sucker punch / kick to the head / sexual assault].  I don't need to list how many arrests there have been at [your school where the police and judicial system are not in the tank for the athletic program / Florida] but I will anyway.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

southarkhog06

Quote from: jbcarol on June 21, 2014, 10:10:14 am
Menu select template to ease composing a passionate message to defend your school's star arrested for felony activity (been there, done that, never again):

You don't know all the facts involved in the [kick in the head / sucker punch / gang assault / gun shot / car vandalism] toward the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman].

You and most the others in this thread are prime examples of people that slurp up the [NY Times / TMZ / Yahoo!Sports Investigative Reports] drive-by media world that we live in today. You hear something or read something and instead of actually trusting only what [I poast / other apologists from my university / the player's defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] you choose to poast [actual police reports / independent corroborating witness accounts / the judge's statement just before the part where the judge gives an nth chance and rules misdemeanor with double secret probation while collecting a sky box upgrade].

I never said our guy was a [choirboy / philanthropist / SEC Good Works 5-time Award Winner]. I simply said that I would believe a [3-time charged with felony but reduced to misdemeanor with double secret probation / practitioner of sexual assault on unwilling pre-teens / persistent domestic abuse guy in town where folks are warned to not bring charges against ballers or else] over the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / scared-for-her-life young woman].

I never said the [off duty policeman / military member / disabled rescue hero / young woman] deserved anything for what [he/she] did in [grammer / junior high / officers training] school. I simply pointed out that [his/her imposition on our star player putting our season at risk / the total lack of critical thought and self awareness on my part] makes this person [scum / less than trust worthy with the four-team college playoff now on the line]. I strongly implied that he and his [defense attorney / other players and members of their entourage] just know, they just know that the victim [still in a coma / relocating to another town / entering the witness protection program] most likely said or did something that [provocted (sic) / started] the [fight / sexual assault / act of vandalism / theft] and it was [justfied (sic) / excused as an extremely talented and entitled college athletes being college athletes].

I can't help it if you and others on this board actually believed the crap about someone getting [beaten down by defensive front seven and offensive backfield in a college bar / pulled from a truck and beaten / pushed down the stairs at her friend's apartment / _______]. I can't help it if you actually believed someone was seriously injured.

I simply said the truth. It takes two to [tango / initiate and receive a goodly beating / give and receive a [sucker punch / kick to the head / sexual assault].  I don't need to list how many arrests there have been at [your school where the police and judicial system are not in the tank for the athletic program / Florida] but I will anyway.
so I am almost a year late to the party, but the sheer genius of this post needs to be bumped.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: vol_in_ar on September 07, 2013, 01:36:18 pm
enjoy it while you can....we continue to relish the Stoerner fumble

I'm certain y'all do... that was one heckuva season we almost had... I'm fully believe MSU would not have stood a chance against us the following week had we not lost, and would have loved to see round two with y'all in Atlanta. Either way I believe the winner would have handled FSU. I have softened my anger over the years because I know Houston Nutt would likely have made it another 8 or 9 years in the fumes of that National Championship...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 29, 2015, 10:50:40 pm
I'm certain y'all do... that was one heckuva season we almost had... I'm fully believe MSU would not have stood a chance against us the following week had we not lost, and would have loved to see round two with y'all in Atlanta. Either way I believe the winner would have handled FSU. I have softened my anger over the years because I know Houston Nutt would likely have made it another 8 or 9 years in the fumes of that National Championship...

well said

jbcarol

December 04, 2016, 07:55:11 am #13 Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:46:00 am by jbcarol

QuoteHow do you unbottle the magic of the SEC?

11 Days. 11 States. 2900 Miles. The Search For Why In The SEC, It Just Means More.

Imagine telling the story of the mighty Southeastern Conference, the unquestioned king of college football, without ever mentioning or focusing on a single SEC football player or coach. Seems foolish, doesn't it?

But hey, when you are tasked by the commissioner of the SEC, Greg Sankey, to give the SEC brand a new voice, to start a new conversation about what it really means to be part of the SEC, ginning up the football highlight clips just won't cut it. Flipping this SEC thing over and playing the B-side of the record was absolutely our goal, in the form of a national TV commercial unfolding during SEC football games on CBS, ESPN, and the SEC Network this season. See, everyone already knows the SEC for football, and there is so much more (might want to keep this key word handy) to SEC culture than that. There are so many other stories to be told. We just had to get out there and tell them.

We carefully plotted out an 11-day trek into the heart (and small arteries) of SEC Country this summer. We'd visit old barns, older cemeteries, and even older libraries under summer Southern storm clouds and over the Mississippi River, pass fields of sunflowers and small town squares from Savannah to Texarkana, down to Orange Beach, Alabama, and up to Columbia, Missouri, in search of the true soul of this collection of 14 universities.

We asked anyone who came within earshot, "So, what is it about the SEC that means so much to people?" We were energized by the tongue-tied total lack of specificity in their answers. The locals definitely had their theories, memories, and feelings, but everyone went through some amount of struggle to try and pin down the perfect answer. We wondered if maybe there isn't one. The spirit of the SEC may be just that: hard to visualize, grasp, and certainly verbalize. Regardless, our kids were all off in summer camps anyway, so heck - challenge accepted!

We needed a two-second shot of our on-camera SEC Ambassador, accomplished LA TV and film actress and former Auburn homecoming queen Wynn Everett (AU Class of '00), standing in front of a jukebox in a local UT hangout. These wonderful people threw a full-blown, 50-person, three-generation tailgating event. We thought it was all for us, but we soon came to realize it was really for the Vols. In the middle of July. They stayed up overnight smoking their favorite pulled-pork barbecue with homemade coconut pound cake to boot. The group, between takes, sat and watched a rerun of a UT game from last season or last decade - who knows -

SEC Male Athlete of the Year Jarrion Lawson - a University of Arkansas graduate, track star, and current MBA student - and his parents would be waiting for us in their trophy-covered family room in Texarkana, Texas (or was it Arkansas?), the next day. Jarrion was working us into his crazy schedule as he was headed to Rio the next week to begin final preparations for the Summer Olympics.

2,900 miles total, ten states (most repeated), and the best part? Despite a Herculean effort, well, we never fully captured why "It Just Means More" in the SEC -
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

QuoteSEC's tagline this year, "It Just Means More," has an accompanying ad campaign.

All of these ads put Wynn Everett in some fantastical location you cannot afford, but stop to take family photos at on the way to the place you actually can afford.

In this case it's probably somewhere along Grayton Beach in the Florida panhandle, where you stop before checking in at a tiny, cramped condo a few miles down the road in Destin. The Bass Pro Shops there is massive, y'all, and the kids can run around it for hours!

Let's come back to Wynn. She is an actor picking up a check here and huzzah for that. This is not aimed at her, but at the character, who's clearly supposed to be something representative of the conference. Rephrase: who's clearly supposed to be something an SEC fan would believe their conference to be.

I have never seen this person at an SEC tailgate or at a game. If you boiled the SEC down to its spirit lady, it would not be a tiny blonde lady in a white dress reciting Pinterest poetry on the beach while wearing a white dress.

The more representative person would be the LSU mom I saw—probably around forty-five, definitely drunk but managing it well, and wearing a visor and a yellow LSU golf shirt—screaming at the Tiger defense to kneecap Cam Newton in front of her horrified son during the Auburn game in 2010.

jbcarol

Smjle

Quote from: Crackerbox24 on September 07, 2011, 11:45:43 amI don't understand why any non- Razorback fans would be on here.
For the same reason that on occasions we look at other SEC sites.