Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CFN says...

Started by clew, September 11, 2005, 01:44:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

clew

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/arkansas.htm

What to take away from this game: Uh, Vanderbilt? This is a devastating loss considering the brutal schedule ahead. The Hogs were able to run the ball well and moved the chains with a balanced attack, but where were the big defensive plays when the game was on the line? Where were the drives to run out the clock and put it away with one more score? This will be a head-scratcher that will really hurt after road trips to USC and Alabama. On the plus side, RB De'Arrius Howard was fantastic and should be the focus of the offense throughout the season if QB Robert Johnson struggles.
Pure as the dawn

clew

can anyone say 2-5 going into USC #2?
Pure as the dawn

CorningHog

Well, I'm going to bed!

This night is long enough already!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Oklahawg

Did you watch or listen to this game? Howard ran well. Since he is about a Mercurial week slower than Jones and McFadden he cost us some TDs.

There was at least one up-the-middle for about 15 that needed a wiggle for a score.
There was a 5 yarder where he read the whole late and couldn't adjust.
There was the 3-yard sweep on 1st down where he was caught by the last guy.

I'm pretty certain we didn't score on 2 of those drives.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Foots

This shouldn't be a head scratcher, it should be a head roller.

lunchbox72703

go with the younger guys.  I appreciate D Howards commitment, but the good of the team is at stake now.  All feelings aside, let the talent dictate HDN!!!