Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just curious, what do Nutt supporters have to say about tonight's game?

Started by HogDodging, September 11, 2005, 12:33:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogDodging

There are several posts about how Nutt should be fired.
Why isn't anybody defending him?  Where are you now?

heffy22

Houston is a great head coach.  He just hasn't figured out that he needs to hire an OC.  If he could just manage the game and keep the players up, he would be a great coach.

pork-e-pine

Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

HogDodging

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:35:51 am
Houston is a great head coach. He just hasn't figured out that he needs to hire an OC. If he could just manage the game and keep the players up, he would be a great coach.

Thanks for the late night laugh.

heffy22

Wait til next week and we play USC within one score.  Then who will be laughing.

Foots

Houston is a great head coach. He just hasn't figured out that he needs to hire an OC. If he could just manage the game and keep the players up, he would be a great coach.
Whatever. He's such a great manager that he left his 2 most explosive backs on the pine. I was neutral in the Nutt debate. But after this, I say send him packing.

RazorRedneck

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:41:11 am
Wait til next week and we play USC within one score. Then who will be laughing.

Either this is sarcasim or you did not watch tonights game.

mikeirwin

heffy22

He wouldn't have left them on the pine if he hadn't been so focused on play calling.  D Nutt is no help to his brother.

idochog

Quote from: Foots on September 11, 2005, 12:48:14 am
Whatever. He's such a great manager that he left his 2 most explosive backs on the pine. I was neutral in the Nutt debate. But after this, I say send him packing.

Whats worse is him trying to force Hillis into an SEC tailback position when it is painfully obvious he is not that kind of guy.
I love Jesus!

Inigo Montoya

Yeah they are popping up everywhere.  Like I said before, I'm ready for basketball season!

pork-e-pine

If we play USC to one score and lose that doesn't get us any closer to a winning season.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Foots

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:41:11 am
Wait til next week and we play USC within one score. Then who will be laughing.
Right now the whole SEC is laughing at us.

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:49:23 am
He wouldn't have left them on the pine if he hadn't been so focused on play calling. D Nutt is no help to his brother.
That's part of being a good coach. Making personel decisions AND playcalling. Nutt is no help to the University of Arkansas.

hillbilly

I might be wrong on this, and someone please correct me if I am. I thought that in the last 2 drives of the game(not counting the one where we threw the pic at the end) Hillis stayed on the bench, along with Jones and McFadden who didn't get a touch the whole game.

Did anyone else notice that Peyton didn't get in though, in the most crucial time of the game? We just decided to rely on our Sr. leader, De'Arrius Howard....yea right.

Foots

Oklahawg

JFB is on record saying that one of the, if not THE, biggest mistakes of his tenure as AD was firing Jack Crowe mid-year. HDN has until mid-November to let tonight's teabagging hit home. Maybe now he'll realize his inability to be both HC and OC cost us DIRECTLY a score on the second drive. It ended after 4 straight dive plays from the Vandy six.

Maybe now he'll realize that his own hesitation twice led to RJ having to call timeout. He signalled in at least two different plays on those two timeouts.

Those who have preached that the program is better off with HDN "figuring it out" vs. "starting over" with someone else will point out that the HC/OC thing is a huge sticking point. Turn it over to Wittke. That way its at least in the hands of the guy most likely to bail to make room for Malzahn.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Biggus Piggus

Wonder if Nutt realizes now that he has bigger problems than what to call on second and 7.
[CENSORED]!

Coach V. Slocombe

After tonight I doubt if there are any HDN fans..................................... :-[
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

heffy22

He just needs better assistants so that he can concentrate on important things like pre-game speeches and such.

willkhitey

Quote from: hillbilly on September 11, 2005, 12:53:06 am
I might be wrong on this, and someone please correct me if I am. I thought that in the last 2 drives of the game(not counting the one where we threw the pic at the end) Hillis stayed on the bench, along with Jones and McFadden who didn't get a touch the whole game.

Did anyone else notice that Peyton didn't get in though, in the most crucial time of the game? We just decided to rely on our Sr. leader, De'Arrius Howard....yea right.

Well, considering Howard had about seven yards per carry during the game and Hillis had less than 3, I don't think it would have done much good. Hillis couldn't get it in on four straight dive plays from the six yard line early in the game. Don't get me wrong, the fault lies in the playcalling in my opinion.

But I did have problem with the personnel decisions as well. Jones carried once for 15 yards and 80 all purpose yards on three touches. McFadden carried once for six yards. I absolutely cannot fathom the line of thinking that landed Jones on the pine for the bulk of the game.
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

Foots

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 01:17:13 am
He just needs better assistants so that he can concentrate on important things like pre-game speeches and such.
He don't need assistants anymore. He need assistance loading that moving van.

hillbilly

The only reason I am upset about all of this is that just like Mike Irwin said earlier, on some plays that he got decent gains on, Jones or even McFadden could have probably taken it to the house. He benefited from an offensive line that dominated, and couldn't get a yard if he had to do anything else besides run in a huge hole.

clew

...and i just shelled out $300 for two auburn ticket 3 days ago.  shoulda waited... could have picked them up for $50/each.  dang it.

bad day.

chris
Pure as the dawn

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: idochog on September 11, 2005, 12:50:54 am
Quote from: Foots on September 11, 2005, 12:48:14 am

Whats worse is him trying to force Hillis into an SEC tailback position when it is painfully obvious he is not that kind of guy.

Agreed.  Hillis makes a great FB and situational back.  Felix Jones should be getting more carries at tailback.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.