Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The only 2 Tailbacks w/ Breakaway speed: McFadden and Felix Jones

Started by idochog, September 11, 2005, 12:27:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

idochog

had exactly 2 carries.

Anyone care to discuss why our offensive guru of a head coach didnt play them more?
I love Jesus!

pork-e-pine

Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

willkhitey

Quote from: pork-e-pine on September 11, 2005, 12:31:02 am
so you wanted us to run more.

Not necessarily. But maybe give these guys more touches instead of banging between the tackles with Hillis 15 times for 39 yards. FJ carried once for 15 yards, returned one KO for 45 yards and one punt for 20 yards. 3 touches, 80 all-purpose yards. He can make things happen. You have to give him the ball.
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

Inigo Montoya

mikeirwin

Quote from: opineonswine on September 11, 2005, 12:29:47 am
Quote from: idochog on September 11, 2005, 12:27:01 am
had exactly 2 carries.

Anyone care to discuss why our offensive guru of a head coach didnt play them more?

You know the answer...."DeArrius had the hot hand". HDN gets brain lock-up and can't get out of the rut.
I was on the field in the south endzone watching from BEHIND Arkansas offense. That O-Line was opening up HUGE holes. De'Arrius was getting 15 yards a chunk. Jones or McFadden would have busted a couple of those.

heffy22

Mike's not pulling any punches tonight.  I like it.  Even if his sons can't type.

mikeirwin

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:55:51 am
Mike's not pulling any punches tonight. I like it. Even if his sons can't type.
Now THAT'S funny.  :D

mikeirwin

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:58:51 am
I should know, I tried to teach them.
You have my sympathy. I tried to teach them many things. They are not very "coachable."

CorningHog

I saw this coming early when it became apparent that Howard was going to be our "bellcow or bellhog".

I told our group that you just watch.  The OL is opening gaping holes and yes, D Howard is gaining a bunch of yards but when the critical time comes for us to need, "painfully" need 3 yards on a 3rd down, you watch MR Howard run then?  FOURTH DOWN!

Well, that and the other obvious things.

Where was Tyrell tonight?  Graham never made it out there at LB.  Our LB's are killing us.  Just like last year.  These guys get sucked into the gaps between the guards and tackles and never seem to recover in time to make a stop.  Sims and Brown had a few moments but basically they were a non factor in critical times.

Move Harrison back to End, put Michael Tate at the other one, Bledsoe at DT, rotate Gray, Harrell and Jackson too.

You need size to crash into those OT's.  IF Vandy's can keep them out, watch out for the better SEC teams.

Give Vandy credit.  They did some great things to come back and some of it was with the help of the STRIPES but they still had to create their own breaks.

Sorry end to tonights game!

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

dzeppfan77

should have just redshirted both McFadden and Jones if he wasn't going to use them to win.

clew

hmmm...move McFadden to the defensive backfield.  Find SOMEONE that can put pressure on the opposing quarterback--i don't care if he's a starter on the offensive line--just find SOMEONE.  oh...and find a new coach while you're at it.

this after HDN complained that we hadn't played VANDY as much as the other SEC teams.  Yeah, we really got shafted, didn't we Houston?
Pure as the dawn

clew

geez...maybe we should put SMU back on the schedule so we could lose to them, too.
Pure as the dawn

Oklahawg

Losses to academic institutions has a way of getting one fired.
The Citadel (military/academic)
SMU
Vandy...
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

willkhitey

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 11, 2005, 01:13:23 am
Quote from: mikeirwin on September 11, 2005, 01:00:34 am
You have my sympathy. I tried to teach them many things. They are not very "coachable."
Your a good man MIKE I. From what I know about you. I know I would like to see the BOTTOM line that you have on your post right after Vandy won?  Do you think we might have known by the look on JFB's face?  Anyway, I will say it again, and I don't expect it to happen....

Just FIRE HDN!!!! 

This is going to haunt us for a LONG Time in the SEC. We have hit a new low, yet I would be willing to bet that most of the SEC will not be to surprised to see we lost to Vandy. The truth is we are at their level in most eyes around the league and to have a close game just proves it. So I would think that the reaction that we as HOG fans have is WAY different then those of the other SEC schools!!  SAD, Very SAD!!
As a resident of another SEC college town I feel safe saying that your estimation of other fans view of our program is erroneous. We were actually pretty well respected, at least before tonight. People might not be shocked, but they will be very surprised

Oklahawg

The mismanagement of Jones and McFadden is as maddening as anything else that happened.

That's the problem with tonight--there are multiple fronts for us to be pissed about.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

idochog

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 11, 2005, 01:42:42 am
The mismanagement of Jones and McFadden is as maddening as anything else that happened.

That's the problem with tonight--there are multiple fronts for us to be pissed about.

HDN played DHoward NOT BECAUSE he is the best back but ONLY b/c he was afraid of the fumble.  A shame our Freshman of the WEEK tailback basically got benched b/c of what HDN was afraid of.
I love Jesus!

hillbilly

Or maybe because FJ is a team player, and De'Arrius cries when he isn't the main focus of the offense.

Oklahawg

SR vs FR. Simple as that. Save the complaining excuse for Hillis and his daddy.

willkhitey

Quote from: hillbilly on September 11, 2005, 01:47:21 am
Or maybe because FJ is a team player, and De'Arrius cries when he isn't the main focus of the offense.
don't know what you're problem is buddy. I know Hillis is beyond reproach (I like him myself) but it seems like he's the one that has to be appeased with carries from the tailback pos., when it's clear to most that he is best suited at fullback/h-back.
Howard had 19 for 125 yards  against Vandy, and has NEVER fumbled in his career on the hill. Get off the kid's back.

idochog

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 11, 2005, 01:51:06 am

We all know Hillis is getting major preferential treatment.  Hillis also had 2 fumbles last week, and Jones was Freshman of the week w/ ZERO fumbles but yet Hillis gets his 15 carries and Jones gets 1.  Of course Hillis got 4 carries from the 3 yd line and couldnt get it in.
I love Jesus!

mikeirwin

Quote from: idochog on September 11, 2005, 01:55:44 am

We all know Hillis is getting major preferential treatment. Hillis also had 2 fumbles last week, and Jones was Freshman of the week w/ ZERO fumbles but yet Hillis gets his 15 carries and Jones gets 1. Of course Hillis got 4 carries from the 3 yd line and couldnt get it in.
Jones needs to get himself a complaining daddy. In a hurry.

idochog

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 11, 2005, 02:03:21 am
Quote from: idochog on September 11, 2005, 01:55:44 am

We all know Hillis is getting major preferential treatment. Hillis also had 2 fumbles last week, and Jones was Freshman of the week w/ ZERO fumbles but yet Hillis gets his 15 carries and Jones gets 1. Of course Hillis got 4 carries from the 3 yd line and couldnt get it in.
Jones needs to get himself a complaining daddy. In a hurry.

It hurts b/c Felix Jones is obviously a feature back type much like Peterson and HDN is wasting him.  What good does it do to recruit good talent when you are gonna leave them on the bench?  Put your playmakers on the field.
I love Jesus!

RzrbckMAJ

I agree, how do you not play the SEC Freshman of the week.  The guy proved he knows how to break free and make big plays, we saw it in his kick returns.  Just doesn't make any sense to me.  I am just waiting for the "I was saving him for USC" excuse from Nutt.  Also, can anyone tell me how many throws went Monk's way as opposed to the other receivers.  If I had a guy of his size and talent level I would be throwing his way all night with plays down the field where he can go up and out jump the smaller defensive backs.  If this is a sign of things to come I think I wasted my $80 to be able to listen on the internet.  Don't think things are gonna get much prettier this Saturday.  Pray for a miracle. 
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."<br />-- General George S. Patton, Jr

Lando Calrissian

SR vs FR. Simple as that.

Wins vs Losses.  Simple as that.

We just got beat by Vanderbilt AT HOME.

I don't care if a guy is a senior or freaking Santa Claus....something is broken...and it has to be fixed QUICKLY, before we actually play a REAL good team.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

razorback44

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 11, 2005, 01:00:34 am

Hopefully, at least, they "love the helmet."

Also, someone who might know,  how many times did we throw the ball to a reciever that was further than 15 yards away from the line of scrimmage?  I just noticed in an article in the paper today, that HDN said he liked to throw the ball deep.  I don't know if I was away going to get food or something, but I never saw us doing that.  All I saw was roll-outs and then pass to the flats.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR