Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIRE HOUSTON NUTT: No more excuses....gameplans suck by HDN

Started by CorningHog, September 11, 2005, 12:25:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

I hate the way HDN does this.  He may figure this out, may get it fixed and may throw caution to the wind finally!

Last year we saw Monk & Hillis be playmakers and we have seen flashes from Baker and Washington at receiver.

My main problem is that Houston tends to wait until it "Painfully" obvious that his conservative playcalling gets the Hogs nowhere.

HDN gets so worried that someone will notice his "strengths" that he plays it close to the vest and doesn't realize that his players on offense will begin to get themselves "dug into a hole" and the short yardage and middle of the field stuff only happens when we are behind the 8 ball.  You watch Nutt's playcalling.  He calls a better game when he is behind.  We're up he folds, throws in his cards and fights for the 4th qtr.

Houston gets behind and he starts calling more unpredictable and mixed calls that cause the defense to get on their heels.

Why play Felix like he did in the 1st game?  Put ole D Howard out there and run him 25 times against Missouri St.  Why, he wasn't getting it done and he tiptoed in practice a lot.  CAN D HOWARD run the ball, yes he can.  Is HE the best back?  NO, not be a long ways.

Well, Oklahoma ran Petersen last year and knew what they had.  Houston knows what he has in McFadden and Jones but holds them back tonight?

It was coming and I saw it.  39 plus minutes for our defense on the field against Cutler?  It was so pathetic to watch.

The trick plays were like throwing salt in my wounds.  Get 1st downs and make touchdowns!

Houston's playcalling is like a guy who thinks he's bad, has enough meaness in him to be bad, but walks up to the little midget and asks him if he wants to fight.  The midgett realizes he has to and punches him in the throat and proceeds to kick his tail like a stepchild.

Nutt kept daring Vanderbilt and Cutler's passing game.  Kept letting drive after drive go by the wayside and accepting the 3 and outs or even drives stalling beyond the opponents 40.

I said last year.  Yes we have a decent offense, but Nutt is like a baseball coach that leaves a pitcher in too long and then he gets shelled.  He won't attack on offense.  Very passive approach.  Dang, if you have a lefty that can throw a 100 mph curve ball and you leave him on the bench, then that is YOUR fault.

This loss tonight is SQUARELY on HOUSTON DALE NUTT!  Shame on you bro!  I love you as a person, most of the time as our head coach, but tonight you sealed it for me.

IF you go back to doing the things that make an offensive team with a lot of weapons and begin to exploit that talent, then I will tolerate some, but will have a hard time trusting your judgement.  I expect you will spoil a good thing again later.

FORGET SOUTHERN CAL, you just started 0-1 in the SEC and gave Vandy their first season opening SEC win since 1990!

Those are the wrong kind of FIRSTS that you do at HOME?  Give me a break!  At freaking home!

THIS GUY PLAYS "NOT TO LOSE" more than any coach I have ever witnessed in person!

Sorry Houston, nice knowing you!

Won't be surprised at all if we have a new coach soon!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

RazrBakr

Hey let's take the leading freshman back in the SEC, a guy who averaged 17 yards per carry in his first game.  Then sit him on the bench for all but one play.   What happened to that dominate offensive line?  Couldn't get one stinking yard at the Vandy one after 3 tries?  Do you think Vandy knew HDN was stupid enough to try that?  I just feel sick. :puke:
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

berryhog

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just two years ago that HDN was hoping that we could get  Vanderbilt on the schedue instead of Florida?  Seems to me he has made his bed and now has to lay in it!

Inigo Montoya

HAWGSTER

The girls and I will go this way, Shaggy, you and Scooby check out the basement - Fred

CorningHog

I hated to see him run that type of gameplan tonight.  Knew after 2 qtrs that he was going to.  Problems that I see.

Sure, D Howard didn't fumble and Hillis makes nice runs at times, but it would take a blind man wearing "cataract shades" to not notice Felix Jones' talent.

Plus, holding out on the true passing game we have worked on all preseason and in our guys summer workouts just leads me to believe that Houston has laid a huge "Egg" and it may leave too many scars for him to overcome.

Maybe in 3 weeks we see a different attitude from our team, but right now, I can't see Houston taking the "bull" by the horns and righting this "ship".

To lose in Fayetteville against Vandy.  Now, he asked for a "LOUD" crowd and he got one.  What is HE going to do now as a coach to strip away his "Stubborness" as a playcaller and "conservative" gameplanner to change this thing.

I thought about it.  Can't for the life of me imagine he will have the chance!

Maybe this Butch Davis stuff is not so crazy?

Who knows......going to bed now.

Lost my voice yelling and will have to let my blood pressure settle.

GO HOGS!

Still a Hog fan, no matter what!

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"