Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best call yet on the postgame show

Started by jtnhogs, September 10, 2005, 11:53:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jtnhogs

Exactly right.  This isn't exactly a game when you're paying salaries over $1M.  We're getting fleeced for way subpar performance.  Open up the vaults and pay for performance, not mediocrity.

Ash

Nutt has used these other job openings whether real or serious or whatever to con Broyles into paying him much more than he is worth. I say if he doesn't come through major in the rest of this season buy his ass out.

HogInMemphis

Nutt shouldn't be making more than what a UPS driver earns. His production is literally from one season...his first, and that was 7 years ago. It's been downhill since, culminating in a losing season last year. Only the Lord knows what others saw in HDN that made them think he is the man to coach the Hogs to big successes. I certainly never saw it.

jtnhogs

There's a lot of insecurity at the root of our football problems.  It seems that we're worried that we can't attract a top coach, but I'm telling you if you put the money on the table and tie it directly to performance, things can be different.

OklaU

This last caller said it's the refs fault.  Good observation.  ::)
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Shthook

I have been a supporter of HDN for the past couple of years, but this is ridiculous.  Vanderbilt cannot beat the nats from their A$$.  How can they beat a team that is supposedly doing the things to be an elite team in the SEC.  We could not beat Taxidermy Tech right now.  It is a complete disgrace for season ticket holders.

heffy22

pork-e-pine

who are the wins in 6-5.  IF we can't beat vandy here, who do we beat on the road?
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

heffy22

wins = Alabama, ULL, South Carolina, and the Mississippis

HogInMemphis

Quote from: heffy22 on September 11, 2005, 12:13:12 am

I will bet you $1,000 right now that Hogs won't beat Ole Miss. I'll let a third party hold the money. You won't bet darn on that though...since you don't believe your own BS.

Shthook

Hogeye_Pierce

Absolutely NO FRIGGIN' WAY do we beat Bama at Tuscaloser or EITHER of the USCs. 4-7 is the BEST we can HOPE for at this point. BOOK IT!
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on September 11, 2005, 12:16:40 am

Absolutely NO FRIGGIN' WAY do we beat Bama at Tuscaloser or EITHER of the USCs. 4-7 is the BEST we can HOPE for at this point. BOOK IT!

Oh, and might I add that we have won at Oxford ONCE, on a 7 OT MIRACLE pulled off by wonderboy who is now gone to the NFL.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

LSUFan

Did you guys watch USC and Georgia?

#9 Georgia squeeked by, by 2 points.

I would say yhe USC game is no longer a toss up.

Thehammer

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 11, 2005, 12:14:22 am

I will bet you $1,000 right now that Hogs won't beat Ole Miss. I'll let a third party hold the money. You won't bet Shiite on that though...since you don't believe your own BS.

We've only beaten Ole Miss one time at Oxford under Nutt.  It took seven overtimes and Matt Jones' heroics to do that.  No way this year.  We're not going to beat Alabama either on the road. 

pork-e-pine

Hey, I am rooting for a  6-5 or better season.  I would like nothing better that HDN to redeem himself but if you can't beat vandy at home what are your chances at alabama or at mississippi?  I think auburn is a better chance but I bet auburn is better than vandy.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.