Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK Here it is....

Started by Cresthog, March 31, 2005, 02:13:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cresthog

I want to know which NFL team YOU believe will draft Matt Jones.

Lets go

WindyCityHog

Tampa Bay.....Gruden, by all accounts, was drooling over MJ at the Senior Bowl.....My second choice would be Pittsburgh.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Anybody but the Cowgirls! ;)
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Cresthog

Personally..i'd love to see him in a Cowboy uniform...

ReturnToDynasty?

Cowboys for sure since they have two 1st round picks.  If the 'Boys dont get Matt in the 1st round, and he is still around for their 3rd pick in the 2nd round (which is the 8th pick in the 2nd round), then he will go to the Cowboys.

WindyCityHog

C'mon.....I would love to see MJ wearing that star on his helmet....but I don't see it.

Whomever drafts him....I think now that he will be a late 1st round pick....he is the MOST intriguing prospect out there...and Mortensen's love-article....what a boon for Matt.

mikeirwin

Chris Mortensen said Tennessee would be a good choice for Matt. Norm Chow may be the one offensive coordinator who can devise a plan to make use of Matt's many and unusual abilities. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Titans wide receivers coach worked extensively with Matt yesterday.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Rusty Shakelford on March 31, 2005, 02:16:41 pm
Personally..i'd love to see him in a Cowboy uniform...

If you just said, "I'd love to see him in a Cowboy uniform", we'd know YOU thought that. Using "Personally" is redundant when stating your opinion or thinking.

Big Papa Satan

Hopefully he goes to play for America's Team.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 31, 2005, 02:26:50 pm
Chris Mortensen said Tennessee would be a good choice for Matt. Norm Chow may be the one offensive coordinator who can devise a plan to make use of Matt's many and unusual abilities. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Titans wide receivers coach worked extensively with Matt yesterday.

Tennessee's 1st round pick or what?

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 31, 2005, 02:29:56 pm
Quote from: DR on March 31, 2005, 02:28:01 pm
Hopefully he goes to play for America's Team.

I wish, but the Packers have the 24th pick, he probably won't be around by then. ;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-*
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Brett Hitman Hog

I'd love to see him in the Green and Yellow making plays on the receiving end from my boy to the left of your screen ... but ... in the past 5 years ... we haven't fared well with an Arkansas guy playing receiver for the Pack ... I was pumped when Lucas got the call ... and we know how that ended. :'(

WindyCityHog

Screw the Packers.....Lord....I hate them.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 31, 2005, 02:29:56 pmI wish, but the Packers have the 24th pick, he probably won't be around by then. ;D

You misread.  I said America's Team, which is obviously not the Fudge Packers.

hawkeyefan17

I think he will go to the Patriots with the last pick of the first round.

ReturnToDynasty?

Todd McShay on ESPN.com just dissed Matt.  He said Matt was nonchalant and flakey.  He also said Matt sucked as a blocker and won't work to get better at it.  Then he said he will go 2nd round.

Matt is getting dissed today.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: DR on March 31, 2005, 02:39:14 pm
Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 31, 2005, 02:29:56 pmI wish, but the Packers have the 24th pick, he probably won't be around by then. ;D

You misread. I said America's Team, which is obviously not the Fudge Packers.

Who is "America's team"?

The new era has begun...

RebelliousHog

The Phallas Cowgirls are the SELF_PROCLAIMED America's Team. What a joke!
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HighOnHogs

I'd like to see him come to Houston but I would never get that lucky.   I'm not going to predict it because then I know it wouldn't happen.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on March 31, 2005, 02:44:43 pm
Todd McShay on ESPN.com just dissed Matt. He said Matt was nonchalant and flakey. He also said Matt sucked as a blocker and won't work to get better at it. Then he said he will go 2nd round.

He sucks so bad, even his detractors are saying he's one of the 64 best players out there....Yeah...right.  Those blowhards on ESPN Radio.....Can I get a job there.....I'm just as stupid ;D

bknight33

Well I mean lets be honest, would you want Matt blocking for you?  He is not the most physical kid in the world. 

Razorback Jedi

Welcome to the NFL, Matt. There is a bit more scrutiny in the NFL as opposed to being a Hog...

redhawg

I think hawkeye is right,matt to the pats

Razorback Jedi

Boy, I'd love for him to come here to Nashville...

Fletch

I hope Cowboys. If not, the Rams. My company has a box in St. Louis so I could see him live a couple times a year.
I feel like $100

Fletch

I'm not a huge Rams fan, either. I do like the Cards. I just like going to about any of the games live. Nothing beats the atmosphere of a ball game.
I feel like $100

tophawg19

INDY could find a way to use him as well.ATLANTA could use him as a wr/ qb he is the perfect backup for vick . both on the field at the same time WOW  ;D ;D ;D ;D
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pigfoot

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 31, 2005, 03:06:22 pm
Todd McShay on ESPN.com just dissed Matt. He said Matt was nonchalant and flakey. He also said Matt sucked as a blocker and won't work to get better at it. Then he said he will go 2nd round.

He sucks so bad, even his detractors are saying he's one of the 64 best players out there....Yeah...right. Those blowhards on ESPN Radio.....Can I get a job there.....I'm just as stupid ;D

I would challenge McShay to name one WR in the NFL who is an accomplished blocker.  They don't pay WRs to block.  They get paid to catch the ball and run.  Matt will do both and do them well.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

JD_85

I think he'll be going to the NE Patriots. That would turn me into a Pat fan overnight. I also wouldn't mind seeing him as a Titan.

3kgthog

I'd challenge anyone in America to guess who McShay is. I bet 99.9% have no idea and don't care.  So that guy can shut his piehole and watch MJ tear up those little bitty CBs.

Personally, I don't get why Matt's laid back attitude is such a problem.  Would you rather he be a Joe Horn or Terrell Owens type who just can't shut up?  No.  You want a guy that can keep his mouth shut and earn his paycheck.  Besides, those NFL players won't care if Matt doesn't ra ra all the time.  They just want the ring and as long as MJ doesn't lose games he will earn their respect as a player. 

cmakrzrbak

Matt can and will learn to block. Hines Ward is an excellent blocker.

He is the best athlete in the draft and, probably next year, in the NFL.  Being laid back should be a positive.  Its obvious he can and will play WR and H-Back.  And maybe play some QB inside the 10.  No TE. If he doesn't go in the first, its retarted.

These idiots are just trying to find faults in him b/c of Mort's article yesterday and all the hype he's been getting lately.  They are digging a nice hole, seeing as I doubt any of them have actually talked to MJ.  Matt will, barring injury, be the greatest professional football player to come from this fine University. I'd like to see him with the Birds, Rams, Pats, Steelers, or Chargers.   
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

muslimsdonteatme

Quote from: Jagermeister on March 31, 2005, 05:53:21 pm
I think he'll be going to the NE Patriots. That would turn me into a Pat fan overnight. I also wouldn't mind seeing him as a Titan.

Everybody thinks he'll go early in the second round.  If that keeps up, the Pats will grab him with the last pick of the first.
They just waived David Givens and Troy Brown, their two fastest receivers.  They'll get DBacks via free agency, and pick up MJ if he's still around.  Mark it.

Semper Hogelis

March 31, 2005, 08:03:27 pm #32 Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 08:05:52 pm by Semper Hogelis
Been waiting on this thread. Please, Please be Pittsburg. Plex has been traded, or soon will be. They are picking late in the round. Matt wont make to late 2ND, so it will need to be late 1st for the Steelers. HA! Randal El, Hines Ward,Matt Jones. Not gonna happen. A feller can dream. Spell check feller. Mr. Rooney would require a hair cut for Matt.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....