Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

baseball

Started by tophawg19, March 30, 2005, 10:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

i don't follow baseball well. how much depth do we have behind the 2 suspended players or are we in trouble .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

maniax22bolts20

Craig Gentry will tak over Rowletts outfield position I saw. I'm trying to remember who dre Bridges 2b job.  I'm still so irate over this I can barely post about it.  If this turns out to be something minor and it costs us their senior seasons and key games lost for us then a few NCAA Suits are going to find an express chute to a burning field.

hogband6

John Marquardt will take over 2B.  Him and Hode will be our guys up the middle in the infield.  Ben Tchepikow(sp?), freshman from Fayetteville, is also a possibility when one of those two need a day off.

tophawg19

how much talent loss is there .how much experence difference .once and for was all was it steriods  i'm getting confused

hogfan98

first of all, we lose the two best base stealers in the conference (bridges #1, rowlett #2).  this is the main place i think we'll miss them because of the way we play.  both of them were very reliable bats as well, especially rowlett.  he had hit safely in every game he had played this season (he was sick for one) until sunday's win.  i believe his average was over .500.  however, we are very deep.  if this had happened to any other team (losing your two best players), you could kiss away the season.  we have more than enough qualified defensive replacements.  we will just need a few guys to step up at the plate.  as far as the base stealing goes, i think craig gentry will be about the only guy to pick up the slack.  he is super quick on the bases.  most importantly, the guy running the show knows what he is doing and he'll figure out a way to make things work.

chiefsfan

All I know is this Auburn series became a heck of alot more interesting
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Lando Calrissian

March 31, 2005, 01:36:11 am #6 Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 01:37:45 am by Lando Calrissian
Quote from: tophawg19how much talent loss is there .how much experence difference .once and for was all was it steriods i'm getting confused

The team is offensively and defensively deep.

Losing our best closing pitcher to injury will be the toughest thing to overcome in the long run.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: hogfan98 on March 30, 2005, 11:01:54 pm
first of all, we lose the two best base stealers in the conference (bridges #1, rowlett #2). this is the main place i think we'll miss them because of the way we play. both of them were very reliable bats as well, especially rowlett. he had hit safely in every game he had played this season (he was sick for one) until sunday's win. i believe his average was over .500. however, we are very deep. if this had happened to any other team (losing your two best players), you could kiss away the season. we have more than enough qualified defensive replacements. we will just need a few guys to step up at the plate. as far as the base stealing goes, i think craig gentry will be about the only guy to pick up the slack. he is super quick on the bases. most importantly, the guy running the show knows what he is doing and he'll figure out a way to make things work.

Gentry only has one stolen base, it was in the last game.  Not sure if he is the one to pick it up.  Hopefully though
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

tophawg19

do we have many  home run hitters or will we have to play hit &run . is this a jr.,sr. team

Amityvillehogger

naw we're not a homerun hitting ball club, we'll steal a lot of bases, hit and run, alot of small ball is what it breaks down too.  We do have some talented hitters.  Good pitchers, team is relatively young.

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

tophawg19

What does the rest of the sec look like ?do
we still have a chance

sooie dog

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 31, 2005, 09:32:52 am
What does the rest of the sec look like ?do
we still have a chance

I would not expect to win the SEC this year.  Just hope we have a good year and finish strong.  Who knows we might still end up in  Omaha.  It's probably harder to win the SEC than make it to Omaha.

eagles_hogs12

I think we will struggle for a while. By the end of the season, we will make a run for omaha! We have a lot of heart and determination. Go hogs!

tophawg19

not another team going down .what the hell is going on with our compliance people .doesn't anyone
on the hill give a damn .bring back the ath. dorms .get the damn staff paying attention .we are having to many people in trouble .every week it's something else .we have a control problem
it has to be fixed