Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK this Mitch Mustain to Texas thread is getting entirely too long...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 30, 2005, 04:26:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Theolesnort

Stewie, why did no one mention the fact to those lunkerheads in Texas that if it were not for a bunch of Arkies and Tennesseans and Kentuckians and Louisianians getting there asses shot off at the Alamo, that there would not be a university of Texas. They owe us and need not insult us.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

WindyCityHog

The Alamo?   Everyone knows that everything in Texas is bigger and better......Mark it.  Most of the Texas blowhards would be ashamed that they recruited a kid out of Arkansas' own backyard.....regardless of the prowess of said kid.

Theolesnort

Dale Bumpers put it best a few years ago when discussing how Texas covets our Arkansas water. He said that all we need to do to take care of their water needs was to run a 1/4 inch water line from the Arkansas river to Austin Texas and if they could suck as hard as they can blow then their water needs would be taken care of for another century.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Porkahontas

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 30, 2005, 05:40:16 pm
Texass bought and paid for the last QB they collected Vince Young, that is not a rumor it's a fact. I doubt Mitch has much interest in the shorthorns.

It's interesting to note also that Chris Simms had committed to Tennessee and was a firm commit but suddenly up and changed his mind to Texas out of nowhere, literally.

Now, I'm not directly saying anything shady was involved like the post above, but when Simms changed his commit from UT to, well, UT, it came as a surprise to almost everybody.

I'll still say if Mustain ends up at Tennessee, I'll vomit. I'd rather see him play for anybody other than those crooks.

hogwildinhouston

The only way I could see Mustain going to Texas would be that the 2005 Horns completely flop and Greg Davis is fired as OC.  Davis has a worse record than HDN in improving and developing QBs, despite the enormous talents he's had in Simms and now Young.  Simms college career was no where near what it should have been, and Young's, despite the Rose Bowl, appears to be on the same path.  Mustain may very well not end up in Fayetteville, but I seriously doubt he will be in Austin. 

Supermark101

If he doesnt come here, I would like to see him at Michigan. Its a school were he can do very well, and we would most lickly would not have to play him.

HogDodging

Quote from: hawgjowl on March 30, 2005, 05:53:28 pm
Dale Bumpers put it best a few years ago when discussing how Texas covets our Arkansas water. He said that all we need to do to take care of their water needs was to run a 1/4 inch water line from the Arkansas river to Austin Texas and if they could suck as hard as they can blow then their water needs would be taken care of for another century.

I remember hearing The Bump saying this.  It was the only thing he said that I could support.  It was funny then, and is still funny today.

HornetHog

Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

Amityvillehogger

If it was too long, why did you start another one...duh!!

"Citizens arrayest, citizens arrayest"! -Gomer Pyle
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005