Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK here is the Pre-Spring Depth Chart

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 29, 2005, 10:01:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

Why is Cedric Logan listed as an unlettered sophomore?

Showing Randy Kelly and Rick Culbert at free safety.  Speed.  Lerinezo Robinson temporarily listed last due to unspecified injury.

Showing Vickiel Vaughn starting at strong safety.  Hmm.

Showing Michael Coe starting at one cornerback slot.  Double hmm.  Chris Houston listed last due to unnamed injury.  John Johnson back to corner.

Showing the starting outside linebackers as D'Nerian Wrighter (weakside) and Desmond Williams (strongside).

Showing former mikes Clarke Moore and Matt Stoltz at will and sam, respectively.  Wes Dacus also at sam.  Walk-on listed ahead of Moore.

Our middle linebackers are Pierre Brown, Mike Robinson and Butu.  Speed over size again.

Just looking at the linebackers, have to wonder what Herring is trying to do.  Having redshirt freshmen listed at both outside spots...is that a motivational ploy?  Strange thing to me is Wrighter and Williams are different types than the guys behind them.  Will Herring change the strongside LB depending on the situation?  Will incoming freshmen Fred Fairchild and Tyrell Graham be directed toward the mike or the will?

Starting DTs listed as Ernest Mitchell and Marcus Harrison.  Jeremy Harrell at third team.  Harrell also listed at 282 pounds, a lot lighter.

Desmond Sims initially named starting LE, with Tate behind him.  Zach Snider is behind Jamaal Anderson on the other side.

Who do you think has been moved for "get through spring" reasons as opposed to finding a new home?
[CENSORED]!

ArkansasI

I have to believe that the walk-on is ahead of Moore due to the DUI charge.  Man, our middle linebackers are tiney. . .  heck, so are our defensive ends.

We are going to have to run some serious stunts to get any sort of pass rush.  If I were playing against the Hogs, I would pinch a tackle and run right up the middle until we prove we can stop them.  As has been the case for the last several years, any SEC QB will have a lot of time to find a receiver. Defending that is impossible, no matter how much speed the linebackers and defensive backs have.

I wonder how many of the freshmen will be asked to contribute.  Unfortunately, it looks like we will be needing them.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ArkansasI on March 29, 2005, 10:44:22 am
I have to believe that the walk-on is ahead of Moore due to the DUI charge.

Duh.  The wet noodle of discipline rises again.

We are going to have to run some serious stunts to get any sort of pass rush. If I were playing against the Hogs, I would pinch a tackle and run right up the middle until we prove we can stop them.

At least the starters inside are 300-pounders.  I hope they run up the middle.

As has been the case for the last several years, any SEC QB will have a lot of time to find a receiver. Defending that is impossible, no matter how much speed the linebackers and defensive backs have.

I think it's early to leap to that conclusion.  We had no pass rush with 260-270 pound ends.  Harris ran 4.9-5.0, Scott not much better.  If we get to 4.6-4.7 on both ends and get quicker inside, then put some speed at the linebackers and the safeties, then we have a lot more options as to how to disrupt the offense.
[CENSORED]!

Jaison Black

Quote from: Spamalot on March 29, 2005, 11:02:09 am
Quote from: ArkansasI on March 29, 2005, 10:44:22 am
I have to believe that the walk-on is ahead of Moore due to the DUI charge.

Duh. The wet noodle of discipline rises again.

Isn't the defense under the recently deified Herring?
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg