Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temperature in BWA

Started by Tone, December 03, 2007, 10:36:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tone

I am not whining first of all, yet have any of you people felt that the temperature of the arena has been increased for the last 2-3 games.  I have had season tickets since moving here 6 years ago.  The arena is not only warm but at times not comfortable.  Of course I have upper level seats, but even then never has been that way before.

Is this the Coach's doing?  Is he trying to keep it warm so that the opposing players get uncomfortable and exhausted?  Is he trying to prove our team has "Fresh Legs"? ???

Hollywood_HOGan45

i say turn up the heat!

Its not hot enough in there  ;D

make it feel like old times again.

cowboym

It wouldn't suprise me if Coach Pelphrey is turing up the heat.  I think Nolan used to do it. 

It looked to me like we were fresher than Missouri at the end of the game, maybe due to our conditioning or maybe because Coach rotated his players so well. 

You might say we had "Fresh Legs".  GO HOGS
Cowboy M

Kevin

coach pel has the temperature one degree higher than nolan had it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BrooklynRoss

Easily remedied by taking off your shirt and painting a big "A" on your chest.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

arkansaspanic

nolan kept it hot.. pel will too.  Stan heath probably turned up the A/C to make him feel more at home

hogblade

It has been pretty hot in there the last couple games. Who knows why?

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: Tone-Loc on December 03, 2007, 10:36:15 am
I am not whining first of all, yet have any of you people felt that the temperature of the arena has been increased for the last 2-3 games.  I have had season tickets since moving here 6 years ago.  The arena is not only warm but at times not comfortable.  Of course I have upper level seats, but even then never has been that way before.

Is this the Coach's doing?  Is he trying to keep it warm so that the opposing players get uncomfortable and exhausted?  Is he trying to prove our team has "Fresh Legs"? ???

It's better for the gym to be warmer, to keep players warm and loose... nobody wants to play in the cold.  It's better for the players...

spudhog

Quote from: Tone-Loc on December 03, 2007, 10:36:15 am

i know nolan had that place a cooking. most college basketball arena's are warm. when nolan coached, i wore t's and shorts.

razorzapp

Quote from: hogblade on December 03, 2007, 01:04:01 pm
It has been pretty hot in there the last couple games. Who knows why?

can't explain the other games, but the oru game was because my girlfriend was with me........

PorkSoda

There was an article a couple of weeks ago.  It said that Pelphrey asked the head maintenence guy at BWA what temperature Nolan Richardson used to keep the stadium at, and then told him to set it one degree higher.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Tone

Thanks for the answer. +1 to all (if I could)

hogblade

tiber

Quote from: PowderHawg on December 03, 2007, 02:07:47 pm
There was an article a couple of weeks ago.  It said that Pelphrey asked the head maintenence guy at BWA what temperature Nolan Richardson used to keep the stadium at, and then told him to set it one degree higher.

That's awesome :)

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Quote from: razorzapp on December 03, 2007, 01:40:02 pm
can't explain the other games, but the oru game was because my girlfriend was with me........

your girlfriend with you and my wife with me, HOLY CRAP IT WAS HOT IN THERE!!!  ;D

:razorback:
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!