Pelphrey Unhappy With Rate Of Progress

Started by fu-man-soo, December 02, 2007, 10:48:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

i would be too....his expectations are high just like our's lol

The_Iceman

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 02, 2007, 10:53:01 pm
i would be too....his expectations are high just like our's lol

gotta love a coach who expects to win.... and doesnt settle for 8th-9th best in SEC.

maumellebyrd

Pel = winning

Pel = Unhappy

Pel = I'm so glad we have him and not BG

Dr Swineglove

Coach Pel is the real deal.  Broyles and White may have bungled the hiring process, but we came out smelling like a rose with John Pelphrey. At the end of this year, Long needs to lock this guy up with a lucractive, long-term contract, in line with whatever the new football coach receives. 

My worry with Pel isn't that we won't win with him - but that he'll get hired out from under our noses before we can win big. 
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Coachjy

Listening to Pel is like listening to a younger Billy Donovan. Gotta love a coach that doesn't settle for nothing but his players best, on and off the court. Please don't tel me we have a coach that is trying to bring back a little INTEGRITY to the Hill.

40MINSOFHELL

i would love to also see more banner's to go along with our huge collection already :D 2009 National Champions

blacksuit

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 03, 2007, 12:03:12 am
Coach Pel is the real deal.  Broyles and White may have bungled the hiring process, but we came out smelling like a rose with John Pelphrey. At the end of this year, Long needs to lock this guy up with a lucractive, long-term contract, in line with whatever the new football coach receives. 

My worry with Pel isn't that we won't win with him - but that he'll get hired out from under our noses before we can win big. 

He'd only leave for KY, and they're not gonna replace BG after one year. I bet we can give pel 2-3 years to prove himself.

ark30inf

Wow.  Just wow.  No horn tooting.  No "we are 6-1 brotha!"  Just analysis and looking for something to improve.  When he gets his recruits in here we are going to really rock then.

And as for leaving for Kentucky?  He is already a hero in Kentucky.  He is a legend.  As much as one might want to go back to one's home.....it's tough to risk the greatness of the past and your legendary status.  His status in KY is iconic and the best he could do there would be to maintain his icon status.  He might want to avoid going back until after he has is first National Championship.

alaback

Are you happy?  This is shaping up like another Heath season unless conference play is 10-6 or better.  They have all the tools, I just wonder if this particular team will be anything better.  I'm also not sure there are any other elite teams in the SEC other than maybe TN.  We all know we can match TN from a talent standpoint, but can they overcome what has bitten them in the past, conference road games. 

Watch the Oklahoma game closely.  That game to me is going to tell a whole lot about this team.