Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STAN HEATH THREAD!

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, March 07, 2005, 06:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BloodRedHog

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on February 25, 2006, 03:54:10 pm
I'm still borderline with Heath.  Let's see how he finishes out the season.  I've kinda flip flopped on him all season.

I must agree...let's keep our heads about this...we had a good three-game stretch that we may extend...but I am still on the fence with Heath...barring a total collaspe this season, I would give him another year (if his wife wants to stay) but we still need more improvement.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

HogFansReunited

OK I still don't like Heath but he should be back next year.  If they were to fire him and keep Nutt then Nolan would have every right to claim the university is racist.  I do belive that Heath has earned one more year but I still don't think he is a good enough coach to get us back where we were.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogapalooza on February 25, 2006, 10:04:20 pm
How about for now..... 

we just have the Official KEEP WINNING thread!...

SMITE THIS!

There you go Palooza...

How was the game today?  Sorry I missed you guys. 

I never realized when I was 20 that a four month old teething would be a family crisis. 
Retired Radio Host

HawgWyld

Quote from: FireNutt on February 25, 2006, 10:05:25 pm
OK I still don't like Heath but he should be back next year.  If they were to fire him and keep Nutt then Nolan would have every right to claim the university is racist.  I do belive that Heath has earned one more year but I still don't think he is a good enough coach to get us back where we were.

And, you can bet Richardson would make that claim, too. Besides, who wants the UA to shell out salaries for two ex-coaches and run out and find a new one, to boot. We're stuck with Heath, folks. Let's hope he continues to turn in game-winning runs like the one the Hogs are enjoying now. Who really gave them a chance against Florida or Tenn., anyway?

Our beloved Hogs took a huge step toward the NCAA tournament tonight. Hopefully, those players are finally tapping into their fantastic talent and winning like they should have been all year.

Hawgdawgrain

Great coaching today Stan...you outcoached the current sweetheart of the SEC on his court.

On to the NCAA...

pigture perfect

The object in business is to increase every year. So far Heath has. Not as fast as we would like, yet when you consider 20 wins are a pretty good season. not great, but certainly more like it. When the program begins to go backward that is when we need to start talking about canning the coach.

Nolan's regime was going backwards, that is why he needed to go. Heath had plenty to clean up. Sorry, I shouldn't have brought up NR. (May he rest in pieces) (When he complained about someone shooting his horse, He failed to mention he was riding it at the time. I don't know how they missed that big head though. At least Heath is not a racist)
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Lokirain

Stan can already recruit. He is a class act and has started to win the close games, why the hate by some on the board? This guy is winning and some of you can't get over the fact that he just might be the guy for the job. Let's give him his four years and evaluate his job after the season. These are his recruits, his system. Now is time for cheering and rooting for the Hogs, not second guessing the front office and Stan's losses early in the year and in his career.

mtownhog

Arkansas notched its 19th win today.  This means that Heath's trend of improving the teams # of wins every year continues (He had 18 wins last year). :razorback:

Tater Salad

Tater Salad

Tater Salad

fair enough. I was one of Heath's biggest bashers. But it appears as if he is learning how to win, and I have no problem with him coming back next year....or maybe its just the liquor talking....either way...WPS

taintlint

Quote from: mtownhog on February 26, 2006, 12:24:43 am
Arkansas notched its 19th win today.  This means that Heath's trend of improving the teams # of wins every year continues (He had 18 wins last year). :razorback:

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves with that "better each year" bologna. Look at the whole picture. Last year Heath had a pre-SEC schedule that was an embarrassment to our program, the players, and the fans. This FACT was pointed out almost every game by the media from the beginning of the season until the end. Had it not been for playing teams that are barely good enough for Class "A" H.S. ball, Heath would have had a worse season than his first. After all that riff raff left the schedule he was VERY HARD PRESSED to pull out 5 more wins. He has not really "improved" every season unless you think that if he schedules all Juco's for next year, we win 25 games, that is "improvement" also. Now, none of this really matters since he is winning now. He has surprised me with his team peaking at the right time and I am officially off his back, proclaiming to be wrong in my assumptions about him, and........WOO PIG SOOIE!!!!!

Table Rocker

i'm shaving my head to go with my nice, thick, symmetrical stache.

Richard_white

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

That peach fuzz you got ain't no stache
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Table Rocker

it was peachfuzz till i started using rogain on my lips, now it looks 100% natural.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Lokirain on February 25, 2006, 11:21:18 pm
Stan can already recruit. He is a class act and has started to win the close games, why the hate by some on the board? This guy is winning and some of you can't get over the fact that he just might be the guy for the job. Let's give him his four years and evaluate his job after the season. These are his recruits, his system. Now is time for cheering and rooting for the Hogs, not second guessing the front office and Stan's losses early in the year and in his career.

Good points, all the way around. However, it's easy to understand why some people are so down on Heath -- the program has been doing poorly under him except for the past three games. I say it's only fair to give him at least as much time as people have given Nutt (a classless slug, by the way, who had to hire a high school coach to help him out with recruiting this year).

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HawgWyld on February 26, 2006, 02:02:34 am
Quote from: Lokirain on February 25, 2006, 11:21:18 pm

Good points, all the way around. However, it's easy to understand why some people are so down on Heath -- the program has been doing poorly under him except for the past three games. I say it's only fair to give him at least as much time as people have given Nutt (a classless slug, by the way, who had to hire a high school coach to help him out with recruiting this year).

Good karma for you my friend.  Classless slug should be on his office door.  Exactly how I feel.
Retired Radio Host

lunchbox72703

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 25, 2006, 04:01:18 pm
I'm still borderline with Heath.  Let's see how he finishes out the season.  I've kinda flip flopped on him all season.

I said before and after the Florida game that I didn't fall of the bandwagon easily.  I won't get back on it easily.  The Bama game helped.  This game today went along way.  I'm not climbing back on after today, but I can see how it might be fun to ride on to the NCAA's.  I was bounced off of it once, I am not just going to jump back in there to get thrown off. 

I do think Heath deserves another year now.  I will wait a while longer to climb back on...but I do like the way the wagon is rolling.

Besides, Heath is a VERY likable guy.  I really hope he continues to prove me wrong.  Please prove me wrong Stan.

Just out of curiosity....what would get you back on the bandwagon?  win out in the regular season?  and SEC championship, or "other"?  Just curious, that's all.

Quote from: Sports a Mustache on February 26, 2006, 01:58:25 am
it was peachfuzz till i started using rogain on my lips, now it looks 100% natural.
LMAO
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

lunchbox72703

so, whatta you say NotShavin.....ready to shave and sport the "heath" look?  LOL  I bet its gettin itchy by now....

Table Rocker

reminds me of that family guy episode when peter has a nest of birds living in his beard.

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 26, 2006, 02:15:39 am
so, whatta you say NotShavin.....ready to shave and sport the "heath" look?  LOL  I bet its gettin itchy by now....
Man, you don't even know..

I can't shave it and look like Heath, don't want to spoil Sports a Mustache's gig....

lunchbox72703

well, his SEC road game record has improved this season as well!!!!!!

lunchbox72703

hehe, funny +1 for you Notshavin.  Afterall, gotta protect those birds LOL

Ugly Uncle

February 26, 2006, 02:45:53 am #177 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:48:01 am by uglyuncle
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 26, 2006, 02:09:11 am

I said before and after the Florida game that I didn't fall of the bandwagon easily.  I won't get back on it easily.  The Bama game helped.  This game today went along way.  I'm not climbing back on after today, but I can see how it might be fun to ride on to the NCAA's.  I was bounced off of it once, I am not just going to jump back in there to get thrown off. 

I do think Heath deserves another year now.  I will wait a while longer to climb back on...but I do like the way the wagon is rolling.

Besides, Heath is a VERY likable guy.  I really hope he continues to prove me wrong.  Please prove me wrong Stan.

Just out of curiosity....what would get you back on the bandwagon?  win out in the regular season?  and SEC championship, or "other"?  Just curious, that's all.

It really isn't about winning.  I hope we do win out.  But seeing mistakes that do or could cost us games makes me angry.  I am not expecting perfection...goodness knows that I could not do as good as Heath...but just being consistently good in his coaching abilities.  That is with Heath.  Nutt has pushed me over the cliff...I have NOTHING that I could think of that I would ever support him again.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

February 26, 2006, 02:54:07 am #178 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 03:06:06 am by razorbacks4life27
Does Stan deserve this much attention?  I will not accept Stan methods of subtitution and calling timeouts at the wrong time.  Maybe 10 years down the road he can put us back on the map.  (not just in the tournament)

WPS

pigture perfect

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 26, 2006, 02:45:53 am

It really isn't about winning.  I hope we do win out.  But seeing mistakes that do or could cost us games makes me angry.  I am not expecting perfection...goodness knows that I could not do as good as Heath...but just being consistently good in his coaching abilities.  That is with Heath.  Nutt has pushed me over the cliff...I have NOTHING that I could think of that I would ever support him again.
You support him every time you purchase a ticket. Every time you call the hogs. Every time you lay awake at night and question the heart of one of the players after a loss. So Don't worry about the hogs, Don't buy a ticket, or get over it. Nutt will be on the hill for at least 20 years, after all he is the darling of the moneybacks. (Lindsey, Tyson, Broyles, Glass, etc.)
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Quote from: preachinpig on February 26, 2006, 03:00:34 am

You support him every time you purchase a ticket. Every time you call the hogs. Every time you lay awake at night and question the heart of one of the players after a loss. So Don't worry about the hogs, Don't buy a ticket, or get over it. Nutt will be on the hill for at least 20 years, after all he is the darling of the moneybacks. (Lindsey, Tyson, Broyles, Glass, etc.)
Nope.  Wrong.

Ugly Uncle

Karma for you 4life27...just for staying up so late with me on this board.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

He isn't of Tyson.  Tyson is wanting Davis in.  Lindsey is the one that is backing Nutt.

I may hurt myself if Nutt is here that long.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

I don't even know who Glass is.  Is he one of the Hunt family? 

Mike Hunt?
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

You can't change them all.  I am honest of what I believe in and I truly believe we have worthless coaches for Arkansas FB & BB but I do want to be proved wrong.

pigture perfect

I apologize for starting something about Nutt. This is suppossed to be a Heath thread. So just to conclude, The Glasses are part of the Walton family. And they are for Nutt.

Butch Davis? He had 2, only 2 winning seasons as a HC. Yes he accumulated talent in Miami for Coker to win a NC, but he certainly sucked in Cleveland. Tyson would be Nutts (oops) to want to bring him here. We would break even at best.

Ugly Uncle

In my ever humble opinion ;D I think Butch will be our next coach.  I think he did a good job at Miami, and he took an expansion team to the playoffs in only his second year at Cleveland.  I do note that his record fell off after that one good year...but I credit that to the fact that he was also the GM.  I think it was too much for him.  He would also keep Gus because they are also good friends.

But, you are right.  This is a thread about Heath.  I hope that Heath continues to prove me wrong.  I say little piggy prayers at night that he will.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

I'll join you sport.  I'll shave my back in support of Heath.  Have much more hair there than on my head anyway.
Retired Radio Host

HolyRoller

heath has improved in his intensity, since the Ole Miss farce...you think he gets it...that this group of players is too laid-back for him to be so similar...he has raised his level of fire on the bench...that's obvious just watching on TV...he is definitely "practicing" on us...he has the all the tools...but in the absence of a great floor "leader", he must punch the right buttons on the sideline. Scott Cain watches practice and he has said all year that McCurdy has the most leadership gifts of anyone on the team...and it's just not his time...I have supported coach all year. I'm willing to wait til April to give hi a final grade. Go Hogs!

VoR

Folks, the quantity of wins has never been in question, it's the quality, up until these last 3 games  we couldn't compete with top 50 caliber teams, and if you can't compete with them how can you compete with the top 10 teams.
Let's enjoy the moment for the moment, and let us see where this carries us before we get all gushy and gaa gaa. I know most of us would all love to wash the foul taste from our mouths that Nolan left, but before I nominate Stan Heath for Hero or the next Governor of this state, I'd really like to see a lil more success.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

HighOnHogs

This talent needs to make it to the 2nd round in tourney minumum.

boarhog12

I was ready to dump Heath after Miss game. But I have to say he came back with a edge on the bench that I've not seen before. Heath is a good guy but some times he looked soft on the bench. I want the players to not fear him but a least not look foward to timeouts. Under Nolan the players didn't want to go to the bench, if Nolan took one out they would look for a seat on row 10 just to stay of of the line of fire. Now I'm not saying I want a Nolan clone but  watch, you name the coach at any top program, the fire the respect the players show during TOs and when they been pulled from the game. I don't see this from Heath. The players reflect the coach and some times the guys looked soft. BUT the last 3 game they ALL look more like they fight for what they want

TorsinAHog

At least you HAVE/GET to shave your head.  Some of us are genetically gifted with a similar hair style.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

TXrazorback

I feel somewhat twisted in my feelings today after the last week of bball. 

First, I would like to say that I love the Razorbacks no matter what, even though I can be negative about our team at times, which is ok sometimes

Second, I think I could possibly owe Stan Heath an apology (not that he would care what I think or say).

Anyway, my whole point is that winning will pacify even the most negative fan, and it is really nice to see our bball team winning big games (at home and on the road).  We all want our team to win and win consistently bottom line.

My biggest gripe about Heath has been his inability to finish out games, especially on the road. 

We need a point guard on the floor to set up plays or we need to have full court press and play the "transition" game more often. 

If we continue to win, recruit a solid point guard, and always make it to the NCAA tournament, then I do not have any problems with Heath staying our coach for a long time.

That is all I have for now.  Thanks for letting me get these thoughts of my chest.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

razorhead69

I concure!!!!!!!!

Calvin N Hawgs

Last night I was at Logan's Roadhouse in Fay...  I was sitting at the bar talking to my date and I looked over to my right and Stan was standing there (no kidding).  I had a lot of mixed emotions, I mean I haven't exactly been a Heath Hugger but I'm so proud of this team so far this year...

I only said "Congratulations" and he said "Thanks, man"...  After sleeping on it for a night, I think "Congratulations" was a pretty good thing to say to him!!!  Go Hogs Go !!!

Calvin N Hawgs

Oh BTW, he was only getting a glass of water!

TXrazorback

I guess my whole point is that no one would want him to leave if we keep winning.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

RBLtoHOG

Ill admit I wanted him gone but if week keep playing and winning like this then i will be more then happy for him to stay a little bit longer ;)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

ctthras

I cant wait for our point guard next year.....Gary..the best in the SEC?