Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am jumping on the DA bandwagon, seats available

Started by BRC0180, April 02, 2007, 06:20:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BRC0180

Nobody wanted BCG more than me.  Nobody wanted Doc more than me (maybe I was the only one.)  DA was not our first choice, but he is our coach.  I feel like a 6 year old the way I have acted, and posted on here.  We are not qualified to even offer opinion on who is a quality coach and who is not.  I am going to jump on board and support our program/players.  DA is until proven otherwise (and I am not going to cast stones) a decent man who has been successful in less than ideal locations.  18 years as HC he deserves a fair shot.  Coaching is a tough business in the best of circumstances, and yes they are paid well.  But I will not be a part of the "Barber shop clan of Hickory." 

Arkiebrian

Count me in...I'm on the bandwagon.

I had other choices too but Dana seems to be a great choice.

Lets give him our support!

hogfan47

Quote from: BRC0180 on April 02, 2007, 06:20:07 pm
Nobody wanted BCG more than me.  Nobody wanted Doc more than me (maybe I was the only one.)  DA was not our first choice, but he is our coach.  I feel like a 6 year old the way I have acted, and posted on here.  We are not qualified to even offer opinion on who is a quality coach and who is not.  I am going to jump on board and support our program/players.  DA is until proven otherwise (and I am not going to cast stones) a decent man who has been successful in less than ideal locations.  18 years as HC he deserves a fair shot.  Coaching is a tough business in the best of circumstances, and yes they are paid well.  But I will not be a part of the "Barber shop clan of Hickory." 

well said +1 if i could
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

LJHOG

Guess I'll join you.  I live 50 miles south of Houston, but I will be looking for tickets next year.  I know how to call the HOGS!!  And, if he can get these guys playing with passion as he says, then I say let's dance.

Wash Hogwallop

HogFan1st

slow that bandwagon down cause i'm jumping ON...
76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

newTUfan

jry04

I have been on since Heath got fired. I knew realistically we wouldn't get a big name. I wanted Lowery or Altman.

badbeagle

Sure, I will give anyone a fair chance.  I too had my preferences, but on paper this guy looks like a pretty good hire.

discombobulationist

I've had a couple of hours to calm down (I wasn't upset with him, just with the PTB and stupid comments made in the past week) and learn about him. If he can average the kind of attendance that he's been getting at Creighton, and have the fan support that he has had, then he must be a good coach. I went and read the Creighton boards and I think every single person on there was upset about him leaving. And many were really upset that he was already getting bashed on here. I will definitely give him a chance. The best thing that can happen now is for him to get the players behind him, and for BWA to be packed and rocking this fall. Who knows what might come of it?
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Was pissed at first, but I'm willing to give him a shot until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Prove all the naysayers wrong DA, bring the hogs back to the top!
Go Hogs!

ballhog™

Didn't know who he was 3 days ago.  He had chances to take the job at other big schools including SEC schools.  He decided this is where he can win a NC.  I'm on the wagon.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Torqued pork

I'm not that gullable or drunk. Show me something.

Soooie21

501Ben

BRC0180

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 02, 2007, 06:31:53 pm

Your not that gullable or drunk or qualified enough to know if you are seeing anything or not.

Lanlord

The Anthony Grant bandwagon has four flats and out of gas on the side of the road so let me on!

atony03

Hawgtied

Table Rocker

OzarkHighs

I'm all aboard, now who is serving? I need a drink now!

IllmaticRackit

"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

hoglady

Steven Hill sounded really excited and Patrick Beverly says he met with Altman and he's staying (they were interviewed on 103.7) - I think the guy could end up being really good - GO HOGS!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HoginIllinois

TransAmHawg

It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

ArkieBrat

Hey LJHOG, you said you lived 50 miles south of Houston.  Could that possibly be in Galveston?  I lived there for over 20 years.

Oops, and just so I don't get off topic...I will support DA.  Certainly not my 1st choice but I will not say anything bad about him.  He deserves a chance.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

TransAmHawg

Why not? I'm in. 
Fire Frankandale now and we're getting somewhere.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

ArchitectHog

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

rcowen

Im in on it! I support him all the way. GO DANA!

Torqued pork

Quote from: BRC0180 on April 02, 2007, 06:36:29 pm
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 02, 2007, 06:31:53 pm

Your not that gullable or drunk or qualified enough to know if you are seeing anything or not.
I'm hoping Altman is the best thing to ever happen to Arkansas basketball, but let's face it, he was no better than our fourth or fifth choice and has a good, but hardly great winning percentage on a signifigantly smaller stage. I've seen too many bungles by our AD to get caught up in the excitement this early.

Lokirain

I want to believe, but am too upset for bandwagon jumping at this point. This was a huge mistake.

DEVIL DOG HOG

I jumped aboard this morning when I first heard DA was the new coach. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

rdjindallas

Might as well get on board because there is no other bus if you want to cheer for Hogs BBall.  It doesn't matter who anyone wishes was here or was hired.  This is our guy, and until he gives us reason to jump off we need to get on.

ballhog88

MuttiZuTigern

I'm willing to give anyone a chance and I think that DA def deserves it! Unless he proves otherwise I'm there to support my team....coach and all!

WPS! ! ! ! ! GO HOGS GO ! ! ! ! !
:razorback:    :razorback:
It's time for NEW leadership on "The Hill"!

Fire Nutt!

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

cunetguru

W_KY_Hog

Quote from: hoglady on April 02, 2007, 07:35:46 pm
Steven Hill sounded really excited and Patrick Beverly says he met with Altman and he's staying (they were interviewed on 103.7) - I think the guy could end up being really good - GO HOGS!!

Okay then, I'm on board. Let's go.

Hogfan2005

HoopS

I'm on.  Got on the other day.  I'm fairly certain I didn't make many new friends for it.  But I won't apologize.   I'm glad some others have decided to atleast give the guy a chance.

Jim

The sad thing is he's feeling the brunt of a lot of frustrated Razorback fans who:

a) were sold / told we'd be bringing in a "big" name...a grand slam if you will
b) were not familiar with him and his style of play & the respect he's earned up at Creighton
c) are sick of the dog & pony show up on the Hill and that is heard on afternoon talk shows
d) all the above.

I, for one, was not real excited about him for all of the reasons listed but I AM excited that we do have a coach now and from what I've read & briefly heard, I'm more than willing to let the man do his thing. 

Welcome to Fayetteville, Coach Altman!!

GO HOGS!!!  :razorback: :razorback:

ark8302

Basically this is the hire I predicited - mid major relatively no name.  We are not a top 10-15 coaching job as was first wished by some.  Reality is we are middle of the road and will never get the Gillispies, Floyds, Selfs, etc until we re-establish ourselves as a basketball power and until we establish an inpsiring leader as AD.  I remained committed to Heath until the end, but he is gone and Altman gets my support.  The good news is he is NOT the worst coach on campus.

Rooka

I'll take a seat. I will give him two years, then I will start to criticize.  Hopefully that criticism never happens.

Smithian

HoopS

Palooza, I've got an extra pass.   Hope on brotha. 

SuckingSow

cosmodrum

Time to instate...

DANAMANIA!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WOOO PIG SOOIE!!!
Go away, batin'

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.