Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Official Dana Altman Press Conference Thread***

Started by Rooka, April 02, 2007, 04:54:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

Press Conference is being held at 5 about 7 minutes away.  Thought I would post a thread to inform those that are out of state who can't see the press conference.  Will try and update everyone on what is being said.

Rooka

Craig O' Neal just said that there is a good crowd there, I couldn't really tell by where he was standing.

HOGMAN911

Rooka

Rooka

Time changed to 5:10pm.  Rusty said that Dana will talk first, take questions, and then KATV will interview the players and learn about there thoughts.

jnhogs

are there no live links? (except 'premium subscribers to razorzone)

Rooka

OzarkHighs

Craig is walking around looking like a fool right now...

Ouachihog

according to the razorzone video, looks like about 150-200 there maybe. 

Can't see much of the stands however.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

WxHog

I am trying to watch on Razorzone.    Is anyone else seeing it?   Has it started yet?   All I get is a black screen. 

Ouachihog

Quote from: WxHog on April 02, 2007, 05:03:52 pm
     I am trying to watch on Razorzone.    Is anyone else seeing it?   Has it started yet?   All I get is a black screen. 

watching right now, just showing the empty stage and the crowd milling around. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

BIGHOGFAN05

Is this confrence open to the public.... i may have to run down the road?

U.P. HOGG

Its at BWA, and it is open.

mbacker85

U.P. HOGG

you got 4 minutes though.  Suppose to start at 5:10pm.

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: Ouachihog on April 02, 2007, 05:04:44 pm
     I am trying to watch on Razorzone.    Is anyone else seeing it?   Has it started yet?   All I get is a black screen. 

No sound yet, right?

Ouachihog

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on April 02, 2007, 05:06:49 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on April 02, 2007, 05:04:44 pm

No sound yet, right?

nothing audible, just crowd mumbling.....or maybe the better term is crowd "grumbling."

Rooka

due to the live feed we can just use this thread for comments and thoughts.

Rooka

Quote from: OzarkHighs on April 02, 2007, 05:03:01 pm
Craig is walking around looking like a fool right now...
sounding like one too just started sing "hey baby" with the fans.

Ironhawg

So far just some guy that keeps saying "no, no, no."  Wonder if that's Stan?

dhornjr1

Annax10

Ouachihog

Just turned on espnews, guess the headline.....

"Stan Heath to coach South Florida." 

OzarkHighs

LJHOG

Heck, they can't even get the damn presser started on time.  That's my afaletic dpartmint!

Ironhawg

Does he not realize he is on live feed right now? 

Ouachihog

Quote from: LJHOG on April 02, 2007, 05:11:15 pm
Heck, they can't even get the damn presser started on time.  That's my afaletic dpartmint!

Maybe JFB is calling BCG one more time, just in case.  Sorry, bad joke I know. 

Annax10

Can anybody go to this thing?  b/c if so, I'm right next to Bud Walton (dorms, yes!) and I'm going.

Ironhawg

Maybe Dana got on the wrong plane and ended up at Iowa?

OzarkHighs

LJHOG

Still not happen!  Now that about sums it all up

Ironhawg

Wow.  Did you catch that?  It wasn't a done deal until late last night?

pneaville

Dr. Nerd is talking...very exciting.  talking about energy.  oooooooo.
God is a Razorback

Lokirain

Annax10

so Frank's not an expert??  I'm soo confused...  :P

Razors84

Every time (we were rejected by another coach)..One name kept popping up..

Lokirain

12 names of coaches (none of which wanted to come here).

Oliver

Lokirain

Lokirain

Ironhawg

dhornjr1

Now, let me introduce Dana Altman so I can get to Augusta.

Pignominious

Is anybody going to call Altman by his name?  Not just 'the new coach'?
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Razors84

"I talked to(was rejected by) the best coaches in america...'"

Oliver

Broyles:  "I'd like to Welcome Mistah Altman to the 8th or 9th school in potential in the SEC."