Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok Hogs - Memphis 101

Started by BOSSMAN, April 01, 2007, 01:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BOSSMAN

1. Jimmy Sexton is not CAL's agent.

2. We have much better facilities than you do.

3. We will be a top 5 team next year.

4. People close to Cal and now Cal say NO to ARK.

5. There was no offer of $2 to $2.5 you guys and other blogs just threw out a number.

6. ESPN and the CA said Cal said thanks but no thanks.

7. Over the next 3 year he will make an avg. of $2.65 from us.

8. I love Memphis I have lived here for 30 years and would live nowhere else! I feel safe as can be!

Boys just get a grip and move on. Hey we have been to the bottom of the mountain. It sure looks better up here on the top.

Lanlord

I for one don't want him.  You keep him.

wooo

only points to dispute are #2 and #7

- on campus facilities mean a lot
-  how will he average 2.65?

ark30inf

Everybody has a pretty good feel for the Memphis situation except Memphis.  CUSA is a decent mid-major conference, it is not the SEC.  There is no getting around that.  I understand you hyping your program, but this is as silly as us saying we have the history and tradition of UK.

dahmer

Better facilities?  Are talking about the fedEx forum, you guys whore out to everybody? 

Stay on the Bluff!
More stupid photoshop pix of Dale!

Table Rocker

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:25:32 pm

5. There was no offer of $2 to $2.5 you guys and other blogs just threw out a number.

8. I love Memphis I have lived here for 30 years and would live nowhere else! I feel safe as can be!

Boys just get a grip and move on. Hey we have been to the bottom of the mountain. It sure looks better up here on the top.

9. You still have to live in Memphis, for that I am sorry

KinkosHog

Memphis should change their mascot to "the trolls" given the way their fans behave.

benswinesmoney

You live in Memphis, that sucks for you.  It is a crime ridden, filthy city.

You do not have facilities, you rent from an NBA team and play second fiddle to them.  Our facilities are state of the art, and they are OURS

Do you have first hand info that we haven't offered Cal? 

We play in a real conference, you don't.  He's a ham, he'll get a lot more pub if he's at Arkansas.

And back on the money front, you could not compete with Arkansas financially.  So you'd best hope it's not a bidding war.

IHateVitale

thats funny...i never heard memphis called a top 10 program, BW arena holds about 6,000 more people, there was a reported offer of 2.2 mil to JC, from what i understand Memphis offered 1.8 mil....quit trying to better your mind thought with self reassurance
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

Killean

Memphis State will never win a national title.  You've never won a division 1 championship in anything.

We've already got one in basketball.

Not to mention the 43 others in track and football.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

SultanofSwine

The CA did not say that Cal said no.

You seriously do not want to compare facilities.

Playing against the CUSA schedule, you should have a record good enough to be top 5.

forrest city joe

This kind of crap is  i feared would happen. i never wanted us to offer the guy in the fist place. stop making the program look bad Frank.

Killean

Btw, that 2.5M annuity isn't worth nearly as much as you think it is because of how investments work.

The salary here will definitely be larger.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

mrchog

Memphis is got to be the nastiest city on the planet. You must live in an underground bunker if you feel that safe.

OKCHawg

Just watch "The First 48" on A&E sometime. Every episode has a murder in Memphis about it.

Arkiebrian

Decided to venture over here, huh?

Your admin at the Tigers' site has NO backbone.  I pointed out his inefficiencies at Photoshop and was immediately banned.

I did nothing to warrant a banning.

sluhog

1.  Can you prove it?  He didn't have one last year wrt NC State, but said he would get one.  Given Sexton's relationship with UA, he'd be a logical choice if he wanted to contact us

2.  Are you serious... you guys have on campus arenas right?

3.   In a weak azz conference... you should have gotten out of the C-USA when you had a chance... like St. Louis, Marquette, De Paul, South Florida, etc.

4.  Person... person says that... when has Cal ever said it?  (ESPN simply misquoted CA's article... when has the CA been reliable?)

5.  Television stations reported it as well, not just fan websites.

6.  You must not be able to read...

7.  Ok.... what about over the next 2 years?  THe bonus in his contract will continue to be pushed back, that's how they work.

8.  I'm sure you loving a craphole like Memphis means a lot to a coach.

Anything else to add?
"Those text messages come at you so fast, it just messes you up."

Porkestrator

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 01, 2007, 01:28:44 pm

It sure looks better up here on the top.[/b][/color]

9. You still have to live in Memphis, for that I am sorry

LOL don't you mean your crappy NBA team lets you borrow their facility?

Also, how would you know anything about being on TOP...seeming as you have never been there with Cal or anyone else for that matter.

Arkiebrian

There's nothing in the reasoning here about how much C-USA sucks...

Hugehogsfan

Plus you say you guys have better facilities.  In what?  I been to your stadium and IT SUCKS!  I have been to your arena, oops I mean the Grizzles arena.  You don't have anything of your own.  That means your facilities suck.

BOSSMAN

April 01, 2007, 01:34:24 pm #20 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 01:36:14 pm by BOSSMAN
1. I Love me some Memphis - I would NEVER live in the sticks

2. No offer from ARK.  ;D

3. FEF make BW look like a Walmart

4. CAL will make $1.9 this year $2.0 next year and $2.2 in 2010. Then at the end of 2010 he gets $2.5 more.

5. Again Memphis is where my heart is. I never ever see any crime. I am sure you guys love ARK. the way we love Memphis. Lets just keep the Cities out of this.

6. Sporting News just reported Cal said No to Ark.........Sorry
;D

Thermonuclearpig

It's Calipari, that's how you spell the rest of his name, Mempho-head. Also, he'll be coaching in Fayetteville next year. The best thing about Memphis is North Mississippi. 

WADHOG

Germantown doesn't count.  Are we really comparing Memphis and Arkansas' programs??? 

Porkestrator

What's a matter ....gonna cry???

No answer for facts I guess.

BOSSMAN

I really hope we are not.

We are 66-7 the last 2 years.

You guys fired the coach you should have kept.

;)

razorbacker80

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:34:24 pm
1. I Love me some Memphisn - I would NEVER live in the sticks

4. CAL will make $1.9 this year $2.0 next year and $2.2 in 2010. The at the end of 2010 he get $2.5 more.

5. Again memphis is where my heart is. I never ever see any crime. I am sure you guys love ARK. the way we love Memphis. Lets just keep the Cities out of this.

;D

Bossman... I visited Tiger High this morning.  I wanted to ask you about the helmet on your posts.

What is the "Blue Planets" thing all about?   

sluhog

"Those text messages come at you so fast, it just messes you up."

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:37:19 pm

;)

Quick.. how many Div 1 national championships have you? (in any sport lol)

HawgG

The FedDex Forum is just awesome no team plays in a better arena then The Tigers or the Grizzles.

We here at ARK has the best on campus facilities as a whole in the nation.

Now I don't live in Memphis but I have gone there so many times over the years that it is my 2nd home.

There is 3 things the city of Memphis is known for Nationally.
1.The Blues

2.Fine and Sexy Women

3.Crime....Lots of Killing, Stealing, and Sex crimes.

Porkestrator

Quote from: jxhopper on April 01, 2007, 01:38:13 pm

;)

Quick.. how many Div 1 national championships have you? (in any sport lol)

Answer:      CRICKETS.

ThunderHog

Quote from: wooo on April 01, 2007, 01:28:11 pm
only points to dispute are #2 and #7

- on campus facilities mean a lot
-  how will he average 2.65?
On campus facilities mean very little to Cal's recruits...getting to the next level is their goal.  He is perceived as the guy to get them there.  Whether it is real or not, it is the perception and playing in an NBA style arena does'nt hurt.

BOSSMAN

Arkiebrian

2. No offer from ARK.  ;D

4. CAL will make $1.9 this year $2.0 next year and $2.2 in 2010. Then at the end of 2010 he gets $2.5 more.

5. Again Memphis is where my heart is. I never ever see any crime. I am sure you guys love ARK. the way we love Memphis. Lets just keep the Cities out of this.

;D

Here's an article showing an offer was made (Memphis paper too):
http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/Content?oid=oid%3A26699

You need to post sources with your claims.  We require that here.

Porkestrator

If Calipari refuses this offer (as he did Kentucky) it just means he can't take the pressure cooker heat of the SEC and is happy being a big fish in the very small pond(quagmire) that is C-USA.

ark30inf

;)

University of Houston was good for a few years also....but a national program that does not make them.  That was pre-CUSA.

WADHOG

BOSSMAN, when I said programs, I meant more than just the last two years. In 10 years, I promise we'll still have a respectable winning program.  You can't guarantee that Memphis will even have a college.  As far as Calipari goes, keep him.  I just think comparing our bball programs as a whole is laughable.

KinkosHog

One of my best memories in Memphis was a Grizzlies game.

It was in 2001, I believe.

The Grizzlies got their asses beat by the Timberwolves.  My buddies and I were pissed, so we decided to let Garnett and company know about it.

We went down to the enclave where the T-Wolves exited at the end of the game and shouted down at them, "Where's Malik Sealy?!?!  Where's Malik Sealy?!?!" over and over again.  Garnett scowled at us and the rest of the team looked up at us and were clearly upset.

They may have won the game, but we got the better of them!

ark30inf

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:39:51 pm
You mean this?

If she had kept her piercing in it would have been better.  A little diamond stud there would be better than an unattractive extra navel.

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:39:51 pm
You mean this?

I'll give you this. Just because of her, Calipari should stay

not!

IHateVitale

Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

pedrothelion

2. No offer from ARK.  ;D

;D
There is no report at Sporting news stating that JC has turned down the AR offer.

Porkestrator

Porkestrator

Too bad you ESPN article says nothing about Calipari turning us down. How come he does not publicly reinforce your beliefs?

Thermonuclearpig

;)
Yeah, and I bet you think Frayser is a good place to live, huh!

golfjam

he's not coming here....he might actually have to 'coach' against real teams.....which he's not very good at...
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

Pignominious

;D

Having been to games at Fed Ex and BW I can say with reasonable certainty that there is no major difference in how nice the two arenas are.  But if I had to take my pick I'd take a rockin' BWA over Fed Ex any night of the week.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Hollywood_HOGan

there is NO WAY you guys have better facilities than Arkansas.

No way whatsoever.