Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KNWA Reports: Calipari Talking to AR

Started by U.P. HOGG, March 31, 2007, 06:01:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darazorback

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on March 31, 2007, 06:01:49 pm
Jim Dykes and Broyles on the plane.  Bo is reporting that Cal is in the mix and that Memphis allowed Cal to talk to Broyles.  Cal is considering the job and that Cal is in the mix and is the leading canadite and may get the job.  Bo contacted Memphis and they had no comment but said that they did grant Cal permission to talk to the UofA.

I am sorry guys but what is so special about Calipari?

BigDeal

Quote from: ekyle1 on March 31, 2007, 06:10:13 pm
Hold on boys.....remember,the last coach was playing us for more money. dont count Cal out fordoing the same thing.

If he is playing for more money, then he will be here. The folks over at UM are going to go through this again with him, especially after making an agreement with him last week.

Texasbite

Cut Nutt's salary to help pay for Cal.  This is exciting baby.

HoopS

I want him now just because of the turds on that Memphis board.... 

You poor poor folks who live anywhere close to them.  I had never really paid attention to them until now.   Seems they think they are the fricken greatest thing since sliced bread and we, well, we are chopped liver.   

Frank, I give you my permission to fricken blow his doors off with an offer.   :razorback:

Lanlord

I live in West Memphis and can report EVERYONE in Memphis is FREAKIN!!!!

HawgG

Quote from: Razorhog2006qDon't get too excited, it's likely that he's doing the same thing as Gillispie. I do think we can get him if we put out the big bucks though. Memphis can't outbid us.

By me being so close to Memphis I know a lot about Calipari.

His representatives do this every year for him because this is what he wants happening.

Every opening at a High D-1 school you will here Calipari's name come up as a possible replacement.

Folks the man is NOT LEAVING MEMPHIS. This is just an ego maniac and slick manipulator doing what he does best.

Arkansas fans don't become what happened to NC State fans last year.

Trust me you will here a lot about Calipari to ARK and some of it will sound serious, but it won't happen.Coach Cal love him or hate him, you have to appreciate his con skills as a city slicker.

Ole Frank is just falling for his routine as so many have in the past.

Razorbacks' fans ought to feel honored that Cal has chosen the Hogs as his latest victim.He only targets Major College Programs.I guess we still got it.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: JShipCPA on March 31, 2007, 06:09:15 pm
Quote from: Pigonometry on March 31, 2007, 06:05:57 pm
Good gosh, NO!   Can't stand Calipari...........     >:(

This is business, big business!!!  You're best to leave the personal feelings aside on this one, all we want is a proven winner and Calipari is just that!

Agree 100% I am going to leave the personal feelings aside.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Texasbite

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 31, 2007, 06:29:45 pm
I want him now just because of the turds on that Memphis board.... 

You poor poor folks who live anywhere close to them.  I had never really paid attention to them until now.   Seems they think they are the fricken greatest thing since sliced bread and we, well, we are chopped liver.   

Frank, I give you my permission to fricken blow his doors off with an offer.   :razorback:

We better hire someone fast, we're making to many enemy's, Aggie fans, Tiger fans,

Lanlord

Atlanta with j
Quote from: donewithdale on March 31, 2007, 06:30:57 pm
Where is Cal right now?  ATL?  Memfro?  Fay?
[/quote

Atlanta with his staff.

ishankem

If you like what B Donovan has done at Florida, then that could be the hogs if Cali comes to F'ville in a few short years

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on March 31, 2007, 06:14:37 pm
He is supposedly making 1.8 at Memphis.  I would think it would take almost 3M to get him.  He's not worth that much, IMO.

He's worth more than that. Guess they read my post a few days ago about hiring either Barnes or Calipari. John is a great guy...hope Hogs get him. He's one of the top 5 or 6 coaches in the country.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ishankem

Has hogville gotten so big that it's slowing my computer down to a snails pace?

milehipig

If we get turned down by 2 high profile coaches.. we are done.  pay him what he wants, no matter what.  This is as high profile as the Saban deal IMHO.

navyhog24

anyone not a razorback is an enemy lol

booogaga

GO HOGS!

hogwildinhouston

Hmmmm.......

-Really nice guy, classy, and struggle to win 20 games and end up with first round tourney exists.

or

-Total a-hole, jerk, and win 24 straight games, 30+ wins on the season, and the elite 8.

Sign me up for the a-hole.

Seems to me Nolan was pretty much consider an a-hole all his career as well, especially outside Arkansas.....yet when we were winning 30 games a year and national titles no one seemed to care.

As for Calipari slamming Arkansas........hell, Nolan did it routinely WHEN HE WAS THE COACH, not the opposing coach.

rbarber46

I hope this works out and we get Calipari... but if there is a way to screw this up, I'm confident that Broyles can find it!
" Coach Lee's offense is more broken down all the way where everything is right, " Crawford said. " Everything is for everybody. Coach Lee's offense is more advanced than the offense we had last year was. A lot more advanced. Coach Lee, he knows his stuff. "

bcdeputy

" My false teeth just fell out of my mouth...and I don't even have falsies.  "

Now THAT is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PorkerOinker

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 31, 2007, 06:38:04 pm
He is supposedly making 1.8 at Memphis.  I would think it would take almost 3M to get him.  He's not worth that much, IMO.

He's worth more than that. Guess they read my post a few days ago about hiring either Barnes or Calipari. John is a great guy...hope Hogs get him. He's one of the top 5 or 6 coaches in the country.

I think you can get him for 2 to 2.5 Million I am personally not a fan of the guy but he would be good for our baskteball program pay the man the money it takes to get him here, but no way does it take 3 million to get him.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

oldtimerhog

I've never like Calipari, but WOW, this would be a major coup for Broyles!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Dugann

think that might be our guy and I sure the hell didn't see that one coming.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Philip Seaton

Quote from: HawgG on March 31, 2007, 06:31:15 pm
Quote from: Razorhog2006qDon't get too excited, it's likely that he's doing the same thing as Gillispie. I do think we can get him if we put out the big bucks though. Memphis can't outbid us.

By me being so close to Memphis I know a lot about Calipari.

His representatives do this every year for him because this is what he wants happening.

Every opening at a High D-1 school you will here Calipari's name come up as a possible replacement.

Folks the man is NOT LEAVING MEMPHIS. This is just an ego maniac and slick manipulator doing what he does best.

Arkansas fans don't become what happened to NC State fans last year.

Trust me you will here a lot about Calipari to ARK and some of it will sound serious, but it won't happen.Coach Cal love him or hate him, you have to appreciate his con skills as a city slicker.

Ole Frank is just falling for his routine as so many have in the past.

Razorbacks' fans ought to feel honored that Cal has chosen the Hogs as his latest victim.He only targets Major College Programs.I guess we still got it.

Well I would be in your boat paddling along with you if this did not happen at the Final Four. He wasn't talking with representatives, he was talking to the man himself. Frank wouldn't have flown back if was not confident he has gotten his man...is it Cal? Could be or could be someone else. But the fact that Broyles wants this done soon, the fact he is back in Arkansas, the  fact that reports are surfacing in Memphis AFTER Frank has already landed in Arkansas, means there is a lot of smoke to this. If this was a fishing expediiton for more money for Cal, this news would have broke yesterday or sooner.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: Texasbite on March 31, 2007, 06:28:33 pm
Cut Nutt's salary to help pay for Cal.  This is exciting baby.

I agree, I give Broyles my permission to cut Nutt's salary to nothing if necessary to land Calipari!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: opineonswine on March 31, 2007, 06:45:08 pm
This would be humongo big.  I know Calipari has toyed with others in the past...maybe that's all it is?

Since he is a pisan Dickie V would change his tune in a minute. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

judgeroyswine

Why don't we go ahead and call the NCAA and get the investigation started now?

There is something slimey about Calapari.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

TushCrush

Quote from: Yoko Oinko on March 31, 2007, 06:25:45 pm
Any coach who frustrates another coach to the point of "I'll kill ya!!  I swear I'm gonna kill ya" is to say the least, effective.  I'd love to have Cal.
Calipari knew Chaney would open a can on him and wisely hid behind security that day. Calipari wouldn't be a wart on John Chaney's long lived *ss.

U.P. HOGG

You know the Memphis trolls are coming.  Stop new memberships now!!  :)

Theolesnort

Quote from: The Hog on March 31, 2007, 06:26:51 pm
Calipari could use us just like Gillispie.  Get the big bucks ready Memphis if you want to keep Cal.
Frank has it in for Memphis. All he is doing is he is going to bankrupt the Tigers. ;D
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Hong Kong Sooey

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/1999/04/06/calipari_missouri/

"Calipari, notorious for his vitriolic attacks on players ..."

"...that trip to the Final Four was stripped by the NCAA after an investigation."

http://media.www.technicianonline.com/media/storage/paper848/news/2006/04/05/Viewpoint/Calipari.Is.The.Man.For.The.Job-1782640.shtml?norewrite200611050816&sourcedomain=www.technicianonline.com

"Our only problem with Calipari is his somewhat scandalous record. He left U-Mass with NCAA investigations and has been in rumors for illegal recruiting tools."

bcdeputy

with a career .724 winning percentage?  HELL YES!!!!!

BigDeal

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on March 31, 2007, 06:47:22 pm

Memphians are NOT Aggies.

stevenjoec

Honestly, I dont give a crap who it is..........I just want to win!!!  I'm tired of losing.  I'm tired of not wanting to watch Razorback basketball games!!!  I want to enjoy it again!!!  Bring on whoever.....just win baby!!!

Torqued pork

Amen! The cuts and bruises from the Ags are just now healing. I don't think I'm up to the same treatment from Memphis High fans.

forrest city joe

My worse fears may happen. and i can not believe it. this is turning into a total nightmare for me.this can't be happening!

JusJim

Why would Calipari turn down KY (wouldn't even talk to them) but yet want to come to AR? 

Hong Kong Sooey

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/1999/04/06/calipari_missouri/

"Calipari, notorious for his vitriolic attacks on players ..."

"...that trip to the Final Four was stripped by the NCAA after an investigation."

http://media.www.technicianonline.com/media/storage/paper848/news/2006/04/05/Viewpoint/Calipari.Is.The.Man.For.The.Job-1782640.shtml?norewrite200611050816&sourcedomain=www.technicianonline.com

"Our only problem with Calipari is his somewhat scandalous record. He left U-Mass with NCAA investigations and has been in rumors for illegal recruiting tools."

Brand X Hog Fan

He's a good coach but I am gonna have a quick trigger with him. I just hope he behaves himself and doesn't embarrass us :-\.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

jsumners

most of the best coaches are arrogant...some hide it better like Coach K or Jim Calhoun...others like Boeheim or Calipari aren't as well-versed at hiding their superiorty...btw do you think he would bring Derrick Rose with him?

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: darazorback on March 31, 2007, 06:28:07 pm

I am sorry guys but what is so special about Calipari?

Well, let's see.

Four 30+ win seasons in 15 years as a HC

3 Elite 8s

1 Final Four

Won 75 % of his games as a HC.

Please tell me anyone else who can put up a resume like that who is a viable candidate.

HAM ELLIOT

FCJ, I have heard you on the radio many times, and I think you sound like you got some common sense.  I just cant understand why you are so down on Calipari. Look what he has done for memphis.  I honestly think this would be the best hire for us right now.  I say just relax, and see how it plays out. 

Hogg_Phan

i dont care who it is, i just want navyhog to post more. I love his avitar........................(-;
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: BigDeal on March 31, 2007, 06:50:48 pm

Memphians are NOT Aggies.

I hope not.  I did check their board out today, they are pretty much in the "We are dellusional Hillbilly, cousin lovin, dumba$$" kinda thing.  No disrespect meant at all, but you know some nasties are coming.

ishankem

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 31, 2007, 06:21:58 pm
The mere possibility of this happening will have butt cheeks clinched from Columbia to Baton Rouge.
Quote from: Razorhog2006q on March 31, 2007, 06:25:42 pm

We need to put up WHATEVER it takes to get him. This is the coach that will revive the basketball program. This is the coach that will strike fear into opposing SEC teams. No excuses, Frank. Put up the money.

exactly!  the hogs would go from the outhouse to the penthouse immediately with this hire

hview

Why do you say this is your worse fears?

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 31, 2007, 06:52:32 pm
                    My worse fears may happen. and i can not believe it. this is turning into a total nightmare for me.this can't be happening!

As it has been said, put your personal feelings aside Joe.

RazorNick

TushCrush

Imagine all the texting tricks Houston will learn from Calipari.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on March 31, 2007, 06:57:02 pm
I would love for him to come, especially after reading this.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=64833&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thats the board I'm talking about.  You know its coming.  Shut down the membership!!  :)

judgeroyswine

Quote from: opineonswine on March 31, 2007, 06:52:49 pm
He's been clean for 7 years at Memphis...that's long enough for forgiveness..ha.

Our luck isn't exactly runnin' high these days...I say he's due, and we'll be the ones to pay for his sins.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.