Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone really still want Billy Clyde?

Started by V, March 30, 2007, 09:07:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SCRX95

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:05:01 pm
G Rollie White....LOL I have been in every gym in the SWC back in the day. Reed is OK, not great OK

With A&M's mediocre facilities, UA still failed to nab the coach ...  what does that tell you about the status of your program today?

Farmers Fight

By the way how is that move to SEC working out for Arkansas?  Arkansas is not considered an elite program in any sport.  Blame it on coaching all you want.  The fact is when in SWC Arkansas recruited Talent from Texas.  Now without the exposure in Texas Arkansas no longer gets that Texas talent.

coachp

BCG has never even hinted he would come here and he will not, Florida = Maybe (not likely), Kentucky = if offered he is gone.

SCRX95

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:06:54 pm
Billy is worth 1.75 to Aggieland, not to Arkansas.

I'm sure that's why FJB stopped pursuing BCG.

V

true, but hopefully all the fans haven't become jaded like what I am reading. the shame is that none of the younger fans may experience what we once had. I hope for a good hire. i am in no hurry and trust Broyles will find the right guy. Only the coming years will tell.

BRC0180

Farmers Fight

P.S. I would love to kick Baylor out of Big XII and make a space for Arkansas.  Then we could kick your butts again.

V

arkansas played for the SEC championship in football, basketball and are 7th in the Nation in baseball, won the SEC in indoor track. You obviously have not been watching from Aggie land.

SCRX95

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:10:21 pm
arkansas played for the SEC championship in football, basketball and are 7th in the Nation in baseball, won the SEC in indoor track. You obviously have not been watching from Aggie land.

And still fired the basketball coach...and everyone wanted his head.

Nice going.

V

Arkasnas owns A&M 96-50 in basketball 39-24 in football, what are you smoking aggie?...LOL

A&M has never beat Arkansas in any meaningful game in any sport.

Richard_white

Quote from: Farmers Fight on March 30, 2007, 10:09:52 pm
P.S. I would love to kick Baylor out of Big XII and make a space for Arkansas.  Then we could kick your butts again.

Huh?  An Aggie saying that they use to kick our butts in the SWC?...LOL

V

we fired our coach because we expect better and will have it. It had nothing to do with winning 20 games. I thad to do with style of play and lagging interest.

Farmers Fight

Arkansas got smoked in the SEC championship in football.

Arkansas played for the SEC tournament title in BB (not SEC title).  And you were so happy with that you fired your coach.

You will be exposed in baseball too in all probability.

SCRX95

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:12:21 pm
Arkasnas owns A&M 96-50 in basketball 39-24 in football, what are you smoking aggie?...LOL

A&M has never beat Arkansas in any meaningful game in any sport.

But USC did...past 2 years...on National TV...

Farmers Fight

Let's just say when I was in school TAMU owned Arkansas.  I am sure we were owned plenty of times also.

cuppycup

The football game in 1991 was meaningful.  A&M won the SWC that year, I believe.  There's one example that springs to mind.

V

Arkansas leads the series in football 39-24 in basketball 96-50. We own A&M. You have better luck against Texas than us. You have never been very good competition.

cuppycup

I wasn't disputing that you've gotten the best of us in the past.  You said A&M has never won a meaningful game against UA, and I proved you wrong.  That is all.

SCRX95

the football game in 85 and 87 were meaningful....A&M won the Conference..and beat the hogs.
the football game in 92 was meaningful...the last SWC game between A&M and UA....  A&M won 13-3
the football game in 91 was meaningful...the last SWC game between A&M and UA....in Fayettville....A&M won 20-16

SCRX95

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:20:10 pm
Arkansas leads the series in football 39-24 in basketball 96-50. We own A&M. You have better luck against Texas than us. You have never been very good competition.

except when trying to fight over a coach...

V

The answer about the move to the SEC is things have worked out great. UA has never been in such good shape, never had these type facilities. We have been offered an invite to the Big XII and considered it but the revenue in the SEC so much larger than the Big XII we couldn't afford to do it. It's a great conference and we are fitting in well in all sports. We cannot win as often as we could in the SWC or Big XII but we won't be moving anytime anywhere.

RhodeHog

V

as far as the coach, you are judging by this board. We really never got to talk with Billy formally. Billy talked to us starting about a month ago and that is really another reason that Stan wasn't retained. No one that matters is too excited one way or another about Billy. 

cuppycup

No one that matters where?  In your household?

V

Rhode Hog, wouldn't it be wonderful to find a woman with two mouths..only if she didn't talk much...LOL

V

yes in my house for sure it doesn't matter. I live in Texas by the way and we could care less.

RhodeHog

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:28:43 pm
Rhode Hog, wouldn't it be wonderful to find a woman with two mouths..only if she didn't talk much...LOL

True....although I can think of other things I'd rather her have two of.  ;)

SCRX95

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 10:28:43 pm

so she can gain weight twice as fast?

V

like I said I am pulling for A&M to retain him. It is a great start for A&M athletics.

cuppycup

HogFan1973

I don't want him.  I thought his raise though was going to be around 2 million - did we really offer him 2 million?  I am really starting to doubt this now, when his increase was only 500k.

AnthroHog

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 30, 2007, 10:13:49 pm

I forgot that you guys destroyed USC when you played them.  When did that game occur again?

By the way, I enjoyed the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl this year.  You guys really destroyed that Pac-10 team, didn't you?

cuppycup

I guess if she's capable of deepthroat it could be nice (if not it would just be awkward), but otherwise it's just more noise.

SCRX95

Quote from: AnthroHog on March 30, 2007, 10:35:18 pm
Quote from: SCRX95 on March 30, 2007, 10:13:49 pm

I forgot that you guys destroyed USC when you played them.  When did that game occur again?

By the way, I enjoyed the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl this year.  You guys really destroyed that Pac-10 team, didn't you?

I'm a USC alumni

V

I really don't think we talked with Billy and got to the money part. It seems that Byrne blocked contact until Broyles lost interest. but you couldn't let Billy make us wait until he's checked out UK then UF and then we are into next week with the tourney over and no coach. I don't balme Frank for backing off. Some do, but I don't.

V

By the time we got to talk, Billy had his eye on UK. He was very interested with UA until Tubby got run.

V

I know it is frustrating having a coach under contract and him not knowing if he wants to be there or not. i don't like Billy for playing A&M like that or for showing us interest and not talking. this is going to work out good for A&M because there is no way UK hires a guy with only 1 sweet 16 on his resume. If Billy D takes the UK job, Billy G will be interested but I think they will hire Anthony Grant. We will have hired a coach most likely by then, so Billy clyde wil come home and sign his new extension. That's what I hope happens for A&M's sake and ours.

stronguard

Coaches are mercenaries.  Universities are businesses.  Both should make every effort to improve their respective postions at every opportunity.  Playing your cards close to the vest, and keeping a straight face until your opponet flinches are no reason to dislike anyone.  I don't think he lied to anyone, but I think my 86 year old grandma would have a tough time negotiating with seasoned professionals, she might misuderstand or more likely read more into something than is intended.

If a coach is a winner and has some dignity and intelligence, I am all for him.  I still think BCG has all these qualities.   I still think he would make a fine coach at the U of A.  I would support him 100%.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hawgtime

fwhog

Quote from: Farmers Fight on March 30, 2007, 09:52:22 pm
NOTE:  Arkansas is in SEC West!

It's funny, I wonder why A&M won't schedule any games against Arkansas???  Maybe the same reason they won't schedule TCU in Football.  Too much too lose???  Maybe the same reason BCG still hasn't signed the contract????

fwhog

Quote from: cuppycup on March 30, 2007, 09:58:38 pm
Kentucky is a dream job for every basketball coach, I imagine.  Are you a Kentucky alum?  Why do you care if he ends up there?  He won't be at Arkansas.

You can talk about tradition all day (fantastic facilities are on the way, FYI), but some coaches may be forward-thinking.

Army has a great football tradition too, you know.

I guess that's why Army is on A&M's football schedule, huh?

razorbacker80

Yes.. I still want BCG. 

Nothing has really changed for me.  If we have to wait on KY, I'm ok with that.

Pork Twain

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 09:07:32 pm
after he lead UA on, has spurned A&M, has his eyes of Kentucky, then likely would consider Florida. If that doesn't work out he would love to coach the Razorbacks...LOL

I hope he ends up having to stay at aTm and realizr he is not what he thought he was. One Sweet 16 and he thinks he deserves UK. he is where he belongs at a small time college.
how did he lead us on???  Was it because some people on here with "sources" said he wanted to come here???  Let's just see how things play out over the next week.  He is going to Kentucky?  I thought BD was their target.  Where do you hear these things?

You sure do put a lot of faith on word of mouth.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

AnthroHog

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 30, 2007, 10:36:02 pm

I'm a USC alumni

My bad, thought you were just an A&M mouthing off.  I got tired of them spouting off about how much they "owned" us.

RedSatinHog

No, I don't want him to come to the UA.  I don't want to have to go thru this crap every year, and that is what bringing him to Fayetteville this year would produce.

Trying to hire him was a sick fantasy in the first place.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Manbearpig

For goodness sake V, let it go.  You are basing almost all of what you think about bcg on internet rumor that we here perpetuated.  Fact is, you would be kissing his shoes if he were to come here.  Fact is he is doing exactly what he should be to get what he needs to win in a place like college station.  I wish he were our coach.  But he won't be.  Now we move on to the next target.  I know one hell of a lot about bcg because 2 of my best friends work at a&m and are aggies.  All year they have been talking to me about their team and coach.  When it became apparent we were going to try to get him my friends shared a lot more information about gillispie.  He is a great coach and a good man.  Stop with all this misinformation and bitterness about this.  Our coaching woes, all of them, not just bball, are our own AD's fault.  It is not the fault of every coach that turns us down that we are in the position we are. 

V

I agree with part of that, which part should I let go of? It's all specualtive. My opinion is as good as the next.
Alot of what I have been saying has been around for a month anyway, none of it is confirmed or denied. Until then, I will believe as I like.

HawgAlude

What is even more funny are these aggie fans who keep posting in our forums. We have moved off of BCG so why don't they move off of our forums. BCG is meant to be an aggie hopefully for life and maybe we will met them sometime in the NCAAT and show them what it means to be Razorback vs. an Aggie... THE END..

V

what is amusing to me is how some so called Razorbacks will defend every coach and every school around just to bash UA and then tell me to lay off talking about other schools or coaches activity...Laughable.

I do hope Billy can figure out where he wants to coach. In my mind that should be foremost, the money will be there at any major school these days. I think Billy will owe A&M an apology, they have treated him well and he continues to dance other suitors.

rcowen