Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

espn reporting offer to sean sutton

Started by harrisburghog, March 30, 2007, 07:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead69

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 30, 2007, 07:24:25 pm
Quote from: razorhead69 on March 30, 2007, 07:22:34 pm
I think Scott would be a great hire. It was a Sutton who put Arkansas on the map as a coach who was up and coming.
That was DePaul's logic for hiring Joey Meyer.

Good point. lol

dmac_iz_kin

"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Mikepoke1

March 30, 2007, 07:30:45 pm #52 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:32:38 pm by Mikepoke1
Quote from: hogwildinhouston on March 30, 2007, 07:07:20 pm
For the love of God, if you are going to hire a Sutton, at least hire the best Sutton out there.......or at least the best one without a drinking problem......

Scott Sutton.

He's head and shoulders better than Sean as a coach.

Have you even watched any of their games? Both of them are okay IMO but Scott is not heads and shoulders above Sean.

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

razorbacker80

Well, it is a big name.  "Sutton"... but I don't think that's exactly what we had in mind.

kawhog

I need a link.  I can't find this anywhere. 

RGP

I agree. If there isn't a link, this needs to head to the Rumors.

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

WMHawgfan

This cannot be happening!

Frank cuts everyone out of the coaching search for Sean Frickin Sutton.

If this is true they should not even let him back on campus.

Somebody go down there and get the plane. Leave him down there and get someone else to continue the search.

ORLANDOHOG

THEY SAID SCOTT SUTTON ORU AND NOT CONFIRMED YET! CHILL!

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 07:11:25 pm
Quote from: rad1ation on March 30, 2007, 07:05:40 pm
FWIW, I heard him say SCOTT Sutton....
That would be good.   I think Scott Sutton is a winner, and I believe a great recruiter.

He has the charm, looks, integrity, and understands the expectations of Arkansas Razorbacks basketball in the SEC and national scale.

Her understands Arkansas wants a winner, big time.

WOW! 

Looks?     He is hot........but what does that have to with coaching?

Mikepoke1

FYI-Sean was national recruiter of the year in 2005, you guys are acting like he sucks ass. He kicked 4 players off for discipline and only had 6 scholly players, he is not that bad of a coach and is probably just as good if not better then Scott.

kawhog

So it was said.  WOW!  Again I can stomach it a little better being Scott and not Sean.

ORLANDOHOG

Scott is twice the coach sean is, but am I happy. :-\ :-\ :-\ :puke:

jmark

Quote from: razorbacker80 on March 30, 2007, 07:31:31 pm
Well, it is a big name.  "Sutton"... but I don't think that's exactly what we had in mind.

Not what I had in mind either.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

hawgslop74

I think my Dad just rolled over in his grave.
Someone please tell me this is a joke!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: razorhead69 on March 30, 2007, 07:22:34 pm
I think Scott would be a great hire. It was a Sutton who put Arkansas on the map as a coach who was up and coming.

I have to use my defense of Anthony Grant on this one: Similarity does not equal same results.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

HogsGranpa

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on March 30, 2007, 07:35:54 pm
Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 07:11:25 pm
Quote from: rad1ation on March 30, 2007, 07:05:40 pm
FWIW, I heard him say SCOTT Sutton....
That would be good.   I think Scott Sutton is a winner, and I believe a great recruiter.

He has the charm, looks, integrity, and understands the expectations of Arkansas Razorbacks basketball in the SEC and national scale.

Her understands Arkansas wants a winner, big time.

WOW! 

Looks?     He is hot........but what does that have to with coaching?
Nothing with the X & O's, but about everything with the lifeblood of the system, recruiting.

RGP

Quote from: Mikepoke1 on March 30, 2007, 07:36:09 pm
FYI-Sean was national recruiter of the year in 2005, you guys are acting like he sucks ass. He kicked 4 players off for discipline and only had 6 scholly players, he is not that bad of a coach and is probably just as good if not better then Scott.
Not that he sucks, just that he isn't a BS or BCG.

Mikepoke1

Quote from: ORLANDOHOG on March 30, 2007, 07:37:45 pm
Scott is twice the coach sean is, but am I happy. :-\ :-\ :-\ :puke:

Once again, how do you know this? Have you watch the games?

Killean

Georgetown did ok with a younger retread of a big coach :P
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

jmark

Nothing against Scott or Sean, but I can't understand this being Frank's "last big hire".
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

ORLANDOHOG

Actually I have seen ORU play about 4 times this year. As many or more. Frankly Scott has less talent and makes more of it.  :razorback:

Torqued pork

ORU's message board has nothing about this thus far. Of course it might be because there were zero members on-line.

kawhog

Well Scott beat Bill Self and Sean proceeded to get drilled for nearly 30 by the same Bill Self.  ;)

razorbacker80

Mikepoke1

Quote from: ORLANDOHOG on March 30, 2007, 07:42:01 pm
Actually I have seen ORU play about 4 times this year. As many or more. Frankly Scott has less talent and makes more of it.  :razorback:

Yet he plays lesser competition. They are both equal with Sean getting the slight edge but Scott is not twice the coach Sean is.

hogfan0307

Scott = ORU...Sean = OSU? I get them mixed up.

bringeddieback

Have you guys watched Sean Coach???? If you have then you would know he is one of the best out there!! Great recruiter, Defense, Defense, X's and O's !!!! That is Just what this basketball team needs.... Sean would put an excellent product on the floor!!!!

Mikepoke1

Quote from: bringeddieback on March 30, 2007, 07:46:19 pm
Have you guys watched Sean Coach???? If you have then you would know he is one of the best out there!! Great recruiter, Defense, Defense, X's and O's !!!! That is Just what this basketball team needs.... Sean would put an excellent product on the floor!!!!

Exactly. The posters on these board are just basing their opinions off of stats, nothing else.

hawgslop74

It's not that he can't coach or recruit. ::)
It is that we were promised an "A List" Coach.
Is he on that list and I missed his name? ???

kawhog

Ok I admit Sean isn't that bad of a coach.  I think he will improve with experience and this was only his first year.  With that being said, I would still take Scott over him. 

ORLANDOHOG

Really it doesn't matter it's SCOTT we are interested in not sean.  :razorback:

moses_007

I just hope JFB doesn't make a rash decision and hire the wrong guy just so he can get this over with and he can get on over to the Master's golf tournament.  Please, Frank, dont let the Masters interfere with this candidate selection.  There are plenty of Masters after you retire. :razorback:

ORLANDOHOG

He is 82 so plenty might be stretching it. :o

Mikepoke1

Quote from: ORLANDOHOG on March 30, 2007, 07:50:27 pm
Really it doesn't matter it's SCOTT we are interested in not sean.  :razorback:

Not according to Doug Gottleib.

kawhog

So did Gottlieb say Scott or Sean? 

Torqued pork

This is like watching the NFL draft and hearing the boos and jeers from the Giants and Jets fans when their first round pick is announced.

If Scott Sutton is our new coach, I will give him a chance.

ORLANDOHOG

OKAY FOR THE LAST TIME IT WAS SCOTT SCOTT DAMNIT!  ;D

sowmonella

Either Sutton would be a huge mistake. We were promised a big name "A" coach. ???
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Mikepoke1

Hogtropolis™

I've been eating supper with the family and come back and see three pages full of this Scott Sutton or Sean Sutton crap.  Please tell me this isn't true.  He went 6-10 in the Big 12, what makes you think he will do better in the SEC?

ORLANDOHOG

I got a crisp c note says you are wrong.  8)

ConwayHog

I told you boys to shut the program down.

moses_007

March 30, 2007, 07:58:33 pm #94 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:00:31 pm by moses_007
The Sutton at Oklahoma State has not proved himself yet.  However, the one at ORU definitely has.  I remember he took them to the tourney a year ago and the ORU fans were estatic. If we got the one at Oklahoma State, ole Eddie would once again be drinking his Jack Daniels in Arkansas. :razorback:

stinkyhog

Who can trust a felon like Doug Gottlieb:

"However during Gottlieb's freshman year at Notre Dame, he stole credit cards from a roommate and fraudulently charged over $900 to those cards. Subsequently, he was kicked off the Notre Dame basketball team and eventually convicted of fraud"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Gottlieb

This may be another of the never ending rumors but if it is true then Anderson WILL come with him.
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

dmac_iz_kin

I wonder if JFB is leaning this way b/c he already had real good luck with big daddy sutton, and big daddy can always offer JR some advice.
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Mikepoke1

Quote from: moses_007 on March 30, 2007, 07:58:33 pm
The Sutton at Oklahoma State has not proved himself yet.  However, the one at ORU definitely has.  I remember he took them to the tourney a year ago and the ORU fans were estatic.   :razorback:

False.

bringeddieback

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Sean Sutton's Impact at Oklahoma State

Season Position Record Pct.
1990-91 Player 24-8 .750
1991-92 Player 28-8 .778
1993-94 Assistant Coach 24-10 .706
1994-95 Assistant Coach 27-10 .730
1995-96 Assistant Coach 17-10 .630
1996-97 Assistant Coach 17-15 .531
1997-98 Assistant Coach 22-7 .759