Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

espn reporting offer to sean sutton

Started by harrisburghog, March 30, 2007, 07:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

JFB still doesn't understand why Jack Nicklaus would stop playing the Masters in his PRIME.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GBoling5000

Maybe Frank learned his lesson on the hiring gossip.  He probably leaked this himself to disguise his true intentions.  (Or he intentionally leaked himself while in disguise - haha).

ORLANDOHOG

HEY poke you worried about losing sean? I hear the okc sports animal saying that sean is also being pushed for the job!  :-*

HawgTide

Is it too late for JFB to hire someone to help him with the search?If he reached for one of the Sutton boys this early in the process he really has lost it.

Mork

Mikepoke1

Quote from: ORLANDOHOG on March 30, 2007, 08:03:24 pm
HEY poke you worried about losing sean? I hear the okc sports animal saying that sean is also being pushed for the job!  :-*

I would like him to stay but it would not be a big deal if he left.

CalHog

March 30, 2007, 08:05:42 pm #106 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:09:28 pm by CalHog
Quote from: moses_007 on March 30, 2007, 07:50:41 pm
I just hope JFB doesn't make a rash decision and hire the wrong guy just so he can get this over with and he can get on over to the Master's golf tournament.  Please, Frank, dont let the Masters interfere with this candidate selection.  There are plenty of Masters after you retire. :razorback:

Regardless of what most people on here believe, Eddie Sutton is the coach that brought Arkansas basketball to the top.  I was going to UA games before Sutton when there might be 1500 fans in attendance and I could walk in at game time and set anyplace I wanted to.  Along comes Eddie and within two years you couldn't get a ticket. 
Then came Nolan and continued from building where Eddie left off.

My point is, who hired these two coaches?  Heath was not Broyles choice.

Let the man do his job.  We will be fine.  Believe me, Frank is not doing this by himself.  He is consulting those who know coaches.

Torqued pork

Quote from: CalHog on March 30, 2007, 08:05:42 pm
I just hope JFB doesn't make a rash decision and hire the wrong guy just so he can get this over with and he can get on over to the Master's golf tournament.  Please, Frank, dont let the Masters interfere with this candidate selection.  There are plenty of Masters after you retire. :razorback:

Regardless of what most people on here believe, Eddie Sutton is the coach that brought Arkansas basketball to the top.  I was going to UA games befor Sutton when there might be 1500 fans in attendance and I could walk in at game time and set anyplace I wanted to.  Along comes Eddie and within two years you couldn't get a ticket. 

My point is, who hired these to coaches?  Heath was not Broyles choice.

Let the man do his job.  We will be fine.  Believe me, Frank is not doing this by himself.  He is consulting those who know coaches.
Pat Foster and Doc Sadler are his consultants supposedly.

OSUHogfan

MAN YOU GUYS FALL FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotlieb was on an Oklahoma radio station that he reports for (The Sports Animal) and said that "IF" Arkansas offered Sean Sutton it would be a better deal for him than he has at Oklahoma State.

Over 100 posts for this thread....come on!

CalHog

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 30, 2007, 08:09:48 pm
Quote from: CalHog on March 30, 2007, 08:05:42 pm

Regardless of what most people on here believe, Eddie Sutton is the coach that brought Arkansas basketball to the top.  I was going to UA games befor Sutton when there might be 1500 fans in attendance and I could walk in at game time and set anyplace I wanted to.  Along comes Eddie and within two years you couldn't get a ticket. 

My point is, who hired these to coaches?  Heath was not Broyles choice.

Pat Foster and Doc Sadler are his consultants supposedly.

...and Pat Foster is not a bad one.

HogginDaze

OSUHogfan

The Sutton offer is not true.  See above,.

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Arkiebrian

Quote from: OSUHogfan on March 30, 2007, 08:10:46 pm

Gotlieb was on an Oklahoma radio station that he reports for (The Sports Animal) and said that "IF" Arkansas offered Sean Sutton it would be a better deal for him than he has at Oklahoma State.

Thank you for that...I really doubted the truth to the topic here.

OSUHogfan

Let me repeat:

bulldog04

Dugann

it scared the hell out of us osufan hehe.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

DrSwineESQ

well said CalHog.  It kills me that some on here aren't happy unless they think the sky is falling.

Torqued pork

Quote from: OSUHogfan on March 30, 2007, 08:10:46 pm

Thanks for the info. We can breath again.

OSUHogfan

OK - If I'm wrong, I'm wrong......

When he said it in OKC, he said "IF" offered.

Besides, if it's Sean, he only has 1 year of HC experience.  Scott is a different story.

CalHog

Quote from: oldtimerhog on March 30, 2007, 08:12:50 pm
No way - worse than Heath!

At Arkansas Sean would recruit as well if not better than Heath and besides that he can coach.

OSUHogfan

BTW - If it's from the OKC radio (as reported)....it's what OSU fans call the "OU" station.

Be very careful with any info from there.  Just trying to throw scare into OSU from OU.

I still say it's bunk. 

kawhog

Poke just wanted to tell you this was just said in the last hour or two on ESPN by Gottlieb and it seems it was Scott.

GBoling5000

'Sutton' rearranged spells "So Nutt".  Don't know what that means, I'm just sayin....

dmac_iz_kin

guys i would not be one bit surprised to see it happen though, he's got bloodlines that FB can sell.  he's not a terrible coach or anything. probabally do better than STanton Heath
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

Mikepoke1

OSUhog, you are wrong Gottleib was reffering to Sean Sutton. I think the poseter did mistankingly say "offer"

W_KY_Hog

Quote from: harrisburghog on March 30, 2007, 07:00:59 pm
heard doug gottlieb say that the hogs had offered the job to him. gottlieb played at ok state, and you would think still close to the sutton family. i hope like hell this is not true.if this happens would the fan base not explode? can anyone else get more info on this. please dont let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I do not believe this. It doesn't make sense.

OSUHogfan

OK, Kawhog says Scott.

Whichever way.  To me, Scott has more experience.  I realize that 90%+ of the posters here would not like it either way.

My point was that Doug said IF Sean were offered, UA would be a better deal than OSU...that's all.

I could see Scott over Sean.  Sean had a really shakey first year at OSU - But, it really wasn't his fault.

V

not saying I would hire either one, but why are they so dislikable? Would it not be good to have a free consultant in Eddie? What has Sean done to be so abhorred here?

arklahoman36

Quote from: V on March 30, 2007, 08:30:16 pm
not saying I would hire either one, but why are they so dislikable? Would it not be good to have a free consultant in Eddie? What has Sean done to be so abhorred here?

He's not Bill Self or Tim Floyd, who many folks have deluded themselves into believing the school can attract.

HawgTide

I don't dislike Scott Sutton but it's way too early in the game to hire him.He's not even in the top ten of mid-major coaches being mentioned by most for the Arkansas job.

kawhog

That is why i'm not against Scott.  I've said from day one of this search to get Bill Self out of our minds.  I want the best possible coach here to, but I'm also realistic.

JusJim

Quote from: hawgslop74 on March 30, 2007, 07:49:41 pm
It's not that he can't coach or recruit. ::)
It is that we were promised an "A List" Coach.
Is he on that list and I missed his name? ???
When we're we promised anything?  I've not seen any official release from the U of A about who they were going to hire.  All I've seen is rumor and speculation on message boards.

hogblade

Thank Goodness!!! I couldn't handle hating both coaches in football and basketball

OSUHogfan

I still think for the money that UA has, a big-time coach (not mid-major) is what is needed.

The Suttons are good coaches, you can't argue that one.

arklahoman36

Quote from: kawhog on March 30, 2007, 08:35:37 pm
That is why i'm not against Scott.  I've said from day one of this search to get Bill Self out of our minds.  I want the best possible coach here to, but I'm also realistic.

Most people on this board aren't. They got all hot and bothered about the possibility of getting BCG, without ANY CONFIRMATION WHATSOEVER that JFB ever even spoke with him. They relied on unconfirmed rumors from people who go suckered by wannabe players who fed them crap.

vcboy2000

The reports we (ORU fans) are hearing about Scott or Sean to Arkansas was all SPECULATION by some of the sports radio guys on the ESPN affiliate in Tulsa. There were no guarantees or reports claiming to have inside information. Nobody really knows except your AD who will end up as your head coach. Feel free to chat with some other Golden Eagles fans on our new board http://orusports.com/talk/index.php?board=1.0

gwddog

Quote from: GBoling5000 on March 30, 2007, 08:19:14 pm
'Sutton' rearranged spells "So Nutt".  Don't know what that means, I'm just sayin....
or "O NUTTS" or "NUTTS O"
back 2 back 2 back

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 30, 2007, 07:24:25 pm
Quote from: razorhead69 on March 30, 2007, 07:22:34 pm
I think Scott would be a great hire. It was a Sutton who put Arkansas on the map as a coach who was up and coming.
That was DePaul's logic for hiring Joey Meyer.

Yeah, but unlike Joey Meyer, the Sutton brothers actually have experience at coaching. 
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

moses_007

Both Suttons will likely stay where they are for the time being.  :razorback:

Qbackinman

Sean just got the OSU. And Daddy Eddie lined it up for him. No way he'd leave. He's aet. It has to be Scott at ORU if it's a Sutton.

jmark

Were probally going to have to wait until Kentucky hires.  Will get one of the left overs.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: Qbackinman on March 30, 2007, 09:15:00 pm

Sean just got the OSU. And Daddy Eddie lined it up for him. No way he'd leave. He's aet. It has to be Scott at ORU if it's a Sutton.

Sean would leave right now if he could.  He's in serious trouble, despite being there for one year and Daddy lining it up.

Solid sources say T. Boone Pickens does NOT like him, and does not like how Eddie basically forced OSU into hiring him.

AT OSU, if T Boone doesn't like you, you're toast.

jaredkr

I am Ray Finkel

rad1ation

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on March 30, 2007, 09:20:10 pm

Sean would leave right now if he could.  He's in serious trouble, despite being there for one year and Daddy lining it up.

Solid sources say T. Boone Pickens does NOT like him, and does not like how Eddie basically forced OSU into hiring him.

Who are these solid sources?

Also, what I heard was by Doug G. on The Pulse on ESPN radio on my Sirius.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: rad1ation on March 30, 2007, 09:45:04 pm

The sources are people I know in the OSU athletic dept........and it was also speculated on every national media outlet that Sutton could be in trouble.

Also, Gottlieb is a Sutton family friend.  It could be he's trying to make Sean look better by making him "sought' after.

Sean has one more year at OSU at the most.  Feel free to pull this post back up next year if I'm wrong.  I'll take the ribbing dished out.

razorback903

Quote from: gwddog on March 30, 2007, 08:59:41 pm
Quote from: GBoling5000 on March 30, 2007, 08:19:14 pm
or "O NUTTS" or "NUTTS O"
Don't forget it can also spell: SNOUTT as in pig snout...looks like a sign to me.  Better lock up the wet bar.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

razorback903

John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

rad1ation

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on March 30, 2007, 09:53:38 pm
Quote from: rad1ation on March 30, 2007, 09:45:04 pm

The sources are people I know in the OSU athletic dept........and it was also speculated on every national media outlet that Sutton could be in trouble.

Also, Gottlieb is a Sutton family friend.  It could be he's trying to make Sean look better by making him "sought' after.

Sean has one more year at OSU at the most.  Feel free to pull this post back up next year if I'm wrong.  I'll take the ribbing dished out.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not trying to start anything with you, or trash your sources. Heck, we might know some of the same folks in the athletic department at OSU. I won't dig this back up if you are wrong in a year.

But...if he is such a friend of the Suttons, why is he no longer invited to past player events?