Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

espn reporting offer to sean sutton

Started by harrisburghog, March 30, 2007, 07:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisburghog

heard doug gottlieb say that the hogs had offered the job to him. gottlieb played at ok state, and you would think still close to the sutton family. i hope like hell this is not true.if this happens would the fan base not explode? can anyone else get more info on this. please dont let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

The real Hogules

No way in hell Broyles would be that stupid............................or he better not be!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

YAZ

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

SquirrelMasterFunk

Why not just hire Dennis and Dickie Nutt.

Talking about down grade.

Goodbye PBev, Washington, and Welsh.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Kevin

yes he is.  he doesn't care just wants to be in augusta
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Boardon Hamsay

Should we start the countdown? 3....2.....1
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogblade

HogsGranpa

Quote from: harrisburghog on March 30, 2007, 07:00:59 pm
heard doug gottlieb say that the hogs had offered the job to him. gottlieb played at ok state, and you would think still close to the sutton family. i hope like hell this is not true.if this happens would the fan base not explode? can anyone else get more info on this. please dont let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I am of the opinion that Sean Sutton will not leave Okla State.

dmac_iz_kin

with the senile old man JFB anything is possible. I'd rather see majerus or Theus. IF Sutton Jr is hired I'm boycotting the program until he gets us to the sweet 16
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

rad1ation

FWIW, I heard him say SCOTT Sutton....

Dugann

looks like damn frank will just take anyone now so he won't miss that masters crap next week.....I really dislike that man.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Kevin on March 30, 2007, 07:04:20 pm
yes he is.  he doesn't care just wants to be in augusta

No sources needed on that!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogblade

It would never be tolerable!!! I would cry... Almost any other name I could deal with eventually. Sean Sutton.. ughh

Snoop Hoggy Hog

Andy Katz is saying Florida State's Leonard Hamilton as well as Sutton.

hogwildinhouston

For the love of God, if you are going to hire a Sutton, at least hire the best Sutton out there.......or at least the best one without a drinking problem......

Scott Sutton.

He's head and shoulders better than Sean as a coach.

Torqued pork

I don't know if Sean Sutton was offered the job or not, but you can be sure getting a new coach before the Masters begins is a must as far as Frank is concerned.

hogblade

If its Scott Sutton, its program suicide.

woooooopig

Quote from: danoobsminion on March 30, 2007, 07:03:16 pm
lol have fun
Dude.....you are pathetic. Do you not have anything else better to do than to troll around a Razorback message board, when you aren't even a fan. And even worse....you have no reason whatsoever to be here anymore. Billy boy is staying. Go away.

hogblade

Leonard Hamilton, Sean Sutton, Scott Sutton. Why are we going for the experienced Stan Heaths!!!

imtad16

I don't understand why this would happen... if you are going to step out on a limb and hire someone like Sutton why not just wait a couple weeks and check other guys out.... I mean heck atleast wait until the final four is done and you have talked to all the other couches that have clout.

elksnort

AnthroHog

If this is true, Broyles has outdone himself.  Get a basketball coach that more Razorback fans will dislike than the amount of Razorback fans that dislike the football coach.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: rad1ation on March 30, 2007, 07:05:40 pm
FWIW, I heard him say SCOTT Sutton....
That would be good.   I think Scott Sutton is a winner, and I believe a great recruiter.

He has the charm, looks, integrity, and understands the expectations of Arkansas Razorbacks basketball in the SEC and national scale.

Her understands Arkansas wants a winner, big time.

Kevin

frank isn't concerned about recruiting
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HoginIllinois

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 30, 2007, 07:07:25 pm
I don't know if Sean Sutton was offered the job or not, but you can be sure getting a new coach before the Masters begins is a must as far as Frank is concerned.

No I think he misunderstood. It was Hal Sutton. Frank offered to carry his clubs for him this weekend.

yraciv

Quote from: donewithdale on March 30, 2007, 07:05:25 pm
Quote from: YAZ on March 30, 2007, 07:03:27 pm
Could he bring James Anderson?

The absolute only way this would be the least little bit tolerable.

Thats the only way I'd be satisfied with it.

ORLANDOHOG

Quote from: Hog Nutts on March 30, 2007, 07:12:02 pm
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on March 30, 2007, 07:07:25 pm

No I think he misunderstood. It was Hal Sutton. Frank offered to carry his clubs for him this weekend.
I dont care waht you say thats funny as hell!!

kawhog

Please not Sean!  I can tolerate Scott, but not Sean.  I want to watch Sean grow old on the Okie State bench perfecting his fathers scrowl. 

elksnort

Please tell me that whichever Sutton it is, he'll get the job done like we want.

RGP

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: donewithdale on March 30, 2007, 07:08:51 pm
Are these ESPN guys just making fun of us and trying to make us look bad?  This can't be happening.

I would not worry about EPSN making the program look bad, the Athletic Department is doing one helluva job on its own.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Dugann

there no way this could be happening...has that man totally lost it if it true there should be riots.  OMG no flippin way.

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Boardon Hamsay

If that is true, we should start a pool on where he'll end up crawling to.

Torqued pork

If it was Scott, we have our new basketball coach.

major_hog_fan

What if he turns out to be good in the long run.  I want to see Bud Walton full of people again.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: rlh06 on March 30, 2007, 07:16:45 pm
If that is true, we should start a pool on where he'll end up crawling to.
If he proves out to be a winner, and I think he will, I do not believe he will leave.

And, hopefully he does not have his Dad's drinking problem, especially when the stress his high, as we all know D1 basketball coaching is highly stressful.

But he knows it, understands it, as he has lived with it for years.

razorhead69

I think Scott would be a great hire. It was a Sutton who put Arkansas on the map as a coach who was up and coming.

The Hawg Marshal

hogblade

Come on... This has to be a joke right?

kawhog

So was it really Sean or was it Scott?

Torqued pork

Quote from: razorhead69 on March 30, 2007, 07:22:34 pm
I think Scott would be a great hire. It was a Sutton who put Arkansas on the map as a coach who was up and coming.
That was DePaul's logic for hiring Joey Meyer.

hogblade

RGP

Surely if ESPN reported it, there is a link. I gotta see it to believe it.

3kgthog

I go to listen to the baseball game and come back to this? !@#$%^&*()_+!#$%^*asdfsda!!!!!!! If Hamilton or any Sutton gets this job then we really need to have another coaching protest.

yraciv

On the bright side, he is on both of our 2 major recruits Willie Warren and Rotnei Clarke.

hogblade