Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean Sutton

Started by Mikepoke1, March 30, 2007, 03:17:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikepoke1

One of our gurus in Oklahoma said that Sean is a canidate for the Arkansas coaching job?

Can anyone confirm?

jamie72921

We aren't that hard up yet.
Bless your heart

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

major_hog_fan

Sean Sutton would be a good fit for Arkansas. IMO

jameshogfan

Nobody has been able to confirm anything about this program for 6 months now. So, I doubt this will be confirmed either, true or not.

Hoghole

Please say NO!!!!
That would be the worst. I can completely believe that he is campaigning for the job, but we should not be so desperate.

(No to Scott Sutton too)

Mikepoke1

Quote from: BEvERage on March 30, 2007, 03:20:28 pm
no more suttons

Im pretty suprised by that statement. I was led to beleive that Eddie Sutton was a legend at Arkansas. On Sean Sutton, to be honest, I wouldn't really care if he left or not, he is a good coach but I am not sure if he can get it done next year.

txag007

I think you guys would rather hire Heath back than hiring Sean.  The man had a great team and they fell short all season long.

HogsGranpa

no more suttons
I would gladly see Scott Sutton hired as our next basketball coach.

JustoHogFan

Quote from: txag007 on March 30, 2007, 03:23:43 pm
I think you guys would rather hire Heath back than hiring Sean.  The man had a great team and they fell short all season long.

I agree Sean needs to prove himself because IMO he doesnt even deserve the OSU job......

HogsGranpa

March 30, 2007, 03:26:19 pm #10 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:27:55 pm by HogsGranpa
Quote from: Mikepoke1 on March 30, 2007, 03:17:27 pm
One of our gurus in Oklahoma said that Sean is a canidate for the Arkansas coaching job?

Can anyone confirm?
I would rather have Scott Sutton, then Sean.

And, I think Sean is entrenched at Okla. State, and would not leave.

Hollywood_HOGan

not leaving osu plus

he really hasnt done much in his career thus far

jamie72921

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 03:26:19 pm

Can anyone confirm?

I would rather have a good coach than either of the Sutton's.
Bless your heart

JustoHogFan

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 03:26:19 pm

Can anyone confirm?

Both are not very good and I would rather take a shot with Marshall or Grant before we go down that road

Mikepoke1

I am not that impressed with Scott Sutton at all, I go to about 5 ORU games per year and I just don't think he is a good coach. His assitants are great recruiters.

onthepitch

If Sean Sutton comes to Arkansas, does he bring James Anderson with him??????

Hoghole

Quote from: Mikepoke1 on March 30, 2007, 03:22:22 pm
no more suttons

Im pretty suprised by that statement. I was led to beleive that Eddie Sutton was a legend at Arkansas. On Sean Sutton, to be honest, I wouldn't really care if he left or not, he is a good coach but I am not sure if he can get it done next year.

Eddie Sutton did not leave Arkansas on good terms. For me, I am completely against Sean Sutton being the razorback coach. I would rather have almost anybody.

I am wondering if the Sutton camp is the one starting these rumors about Sean being a candidate to try to get some traction on the campaign to get him the job?

HogsGranpa

Quote from: Mikepoke1 on March 30, 2007, 03:29:02 pm
I am not that impressed with Scott Sutton at all, I go to about 5 ORU games per year and I just don't think he is a good coach. His assitants are great recruiters.
OK, at the games you attended, did they win or lose?

Mikepoke1

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 03:30:45 pm
Quote from: Mikepoke1 on March 30, 2007, 03:29:02 pm
OK, at the games you attended, did they win or lose?

They won most of them but I just don't think he can get it done. He is very timid on the sidelines and you rarely see him calling plays on the sidelines, he is mostly sitting down letting his players call the shots.

Thats not to say he is a bad coach but he is not Arkansas basketball material.

jamie72921

Quote from: Hoghole on March 30, 2007, 03:30:05 pm
no more suttons

Eddie Sutton did not leave Arkansas on good terms. For me, I am completely against Sean Sutton being the razorback coach. I would rather have almost anybody.

I am wondering if the Sutton camp is the one starting these rumors about Sean being a candidate to try to get some traction on the campaign to get him the job?

You are close.

They don't want him to have this job, but he is feeling a little heat at OSU for tanking this season.

Mentioning him in conjunction with our job opening is good pr, for Sutton.
Bless your heart

HogsGranpa

no more suttons

Yep, that is correct about the leaving.  Broyles was on his butt about his drinking, etc.

But, when he did leave, who was it that called?  That tells you about his record at Arkansas.

mattfromhuntsville

Sean Sutton is train wreak waiting to happen

jamie72921

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 03:33:31 pm
no more suttons

Yep, that is correct about the leaving.  Broyles was on his butt about his drinking, etc.

But, when he did leave, who was it that called?  That tells you about his record at Arkansas.

Who is the only Kentucky coach in the last 60 years not to go to a final four?

Eddie Sutton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who helped Eric Manuel cheat on his ACT, getting Manuel banned for life from the NCAA?

Sean Sutton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that the couldn't definitively pin it on Sean that he was the one who helped him cheat, but he was there in the same room as Manuel the day he was determined to have cheated. Oh yeah, O J was found innocent as well.
Bless your heart

razorrog1

jhog

He has not been contacted by UofA

stchane

I graduated from the hill in '05 and am currently in law school over here at Tulsa.  My best friend over here played for Scott Sutton at ORU.  He said Sutton isn't that good of a coach, and that he didn't do anything in practice; no teaching, no yelling, nothing.  He also said that one of Sutton's assistants drew up all the plays, especially at the end of games.  The guys name is Tom Hankins. 

My buddy played 6 years of basketball under Sutton.  He had two years that he got back for injury.  He made the 2005 all-tournament team, and Sutton begged him to come back and complete his eligibility.  However, my friend couldn't receive a scholarship, and had to pay for school himself.  Sutton didn't play him hardly at all, the entire year.  At the end of the season, when #16 seed ORU was clearly beaten by #1 seed Memphis, Sutton didn't even put him in in garbage time. 

That sounded like a HDN move to me.  My buddy never got an explanation either.  Do we really want this guy as our coach?
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Mikepoke1

Quote from: stchane on March 30, 2007, 03:42:27 pm
I graduated from the hill in '05 and am currently in law school over here at Tulsa.  My best friend over here played for Scott Sutton at ORU.  He said Sutton isn't that good of a coach, and that he didn't do anything in practice; no teaching, no yelling, nothing.  He also said that one of Sutton's assistants drew up all the plays, especially at the end of games.  The guys name is Tom Hankins. 

My buddy played 6 years of basketball under Sutton.  He had two years that he got back for injury.  He made the 2005 all-tournament team, and Sutton begged him to come back and complete his eligibility.  However, my friend couldn't receive a scholarship, and had to pay for school himself.  Sutton didn't play him hardly at all, the entire year.  At the end of the season, when #16 seed ORU was clearly beaten by #1 seed Memphis, Sutton didn't even put him in in garbage time. 

That sounded like a HDN move to me.  My buddy never got an explanation either.  Do we really want this guy as our coach?

I know exactly who you are talking about. White kid with shagy hair, #33 I think? He blew up in the Mid-Con tourney, the year they went to the NIT.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 30, 2007, 03:40:59 pm
no more suttons

Who helped Eric Manuel cheat on his ACT, getting Manuel banned for life from the NCAA?

I know that the couldn't definitively pin it on Sean that he was the one who helped him cheat, but he was there in the same room as Manuel the day he was determined to have cheated. Oh yeah, O J was found innocent as well.
Eddie Sutton went to the Final Four at Arkansas, so he was certainly capable of doing it.

jamie72921

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 03:47:12 pm
no more suttons

Eddie Sutton went to the Final Four at Arkansas, so he was certainly capable of doing it.

So is George Mason's head coach. He must be great too!
Bless your heart

WilsonHog

It would be great if we could discuss who our new coach might be without trashing the man who put Arkansas basketball on the map when many of our posters were still trying to locate their mother's tit.

Thanks.     

Hoghole

no more suttons

HogsGranpa... you are a big Sutton fan... over the past several months. In particular Scott. Do you get the chance to see him coach alot? And what is your perception on the rumor that he passes duties to his assistants?

jamie72921

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 30, 2007, 03:54:54 pm
It would be great if we could discuss who our new coach might be without trashing the man who put Arkansas basketball on the map when many of our posters were still trying to locate their mother's tit.

Thanks.    

Yes Sutton put on us "on the map".

What did Nolan do?  I believe I see him trashed all the time.

Sutton also has left 3 schools on probation.
Bless your heart

WilsonHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 30, 2007, 04:02:13 pm

Thanks.    

I don't have a problem with Sutton or Nolan.

I do have a problem with posters.

jamie72921

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 30, 2007, 04:04:18 pm

Thanks.    

I do have a problem with *******s.

I guess the word you meant to type was cheaters.

Because that is my problem with Eddie Sutton even if he did put our program on the map the man is a proven cheater and worthy of criticism on that basis alone.
Bless your heart

PorkPhatRules

surely we cannot be that dang desperate, neither Sutton is all that good, for crying out loud, he is basically on the hot seat next year at Poke St.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 30, 2007, 04:06:10 pm

Thanks.    

Because that is my problem with Eddie Sutton even if he did put our program on the map the man is a proven cheater and worthy of criticism on that basis alone.

No, let me clarify what I was calling you.

An a**hole.

And an ungrateful one at that.

Better that you just say thank you and move on down the line.

HogsGranpa

Thanks.     

What other schools besides Kentucky that was put on probation during a Sutton tenure?

jamie72921

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 30, 2007, 04:13:55 pm
What other schools besides Kentucky that was put on probation during a Sutton tenure?

Creighton and the juco that Eddie coached at previous to Creighton.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 30, 2007, 04:12:23 pm

Thanks.    

An a**hole.

Wow!

I guess you can't refute my points so I don't blame you for showing your frustration.
Bless your heart

judgeroyswine

no more suttons

How could someone named "Beverage," with the word "beer" emphasized, say "no more Suttons?"
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: Hoghole on March 30, 2007, 03:57:08 pm
no more suttons

HogsGranpa... you are a big Sutton fan... over the past several months. In particular Scott. Do you get the chance to see him coach alot? And what is your perception on the rumor that he passes duties to his assistants?
I am not able to comment on a perception of a rumor. 

Concerning assistants, an assistants job is what ever the HC wants him to be.

I certainly would want assistants who are qualified to coach.  Who hires the assistants?

WilsonHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 30, 2007, 04:16:44 pm

Thanks.    

An a**hole.

Wow!

I guess you can't refute my points so I don't blame you for showing your frustration.

No.

I basically just don't like you.

jamie72921

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 30, 2007, 04:31:05 pm
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 30, 2007, 04:16:44 pm

Thanks.    

An a**hole.

Wow!

No.

I basically just don't like you.

Feelings mutual.

Oh and your man Sutton was on the verge of ruining what he had built here.

His own drinking and alleged womanizing. Players so strung out on dope they couldn't even maintain grades, an assistant coach that would be busted for selling cocaine within about year of his leaving.

I have attended games since Moncrief's senior season. I know all about what Eddie did here. The truth is he is a crummy person however. You don't have to like it.
Bless your heart

Mikepoke1

back to the topic. Doug Gottleib is also saying that Arkansas is mentioning Sean.

jamie72921

Quote from: Mikepoke1 on March 30, 2007, 04:36:43 pm
back to the topic. Doug Gottleib is also saying that Arkansas is mentioning Sean.

Doug Gottlieb is a friend of the Sutton's and former player.
Bless your heart

Mikepoke1

No, he is not a friend of the Suttons. Actually the Suttons hate him, if I can find a article about it, I will share.

jamie72921

I have listened to Gottlieb do OSU games before and never heard any derrogatory comments about the Sutton's.

I do not doubt that Sutton is being mentioned however. I just believe it is being done as a favor to help Sean whose butt is a little warmer than it was at the start of the season.
Bless your heart

NWASooner

Why the belief on this board that Sean Sutton is a big name coach?  I'm mystified.  They lost at home this year to Missouri and in the NIT, at home, got totally worked over by Marist.

Give Sean Sutton three years and OSU will be tied for the worst program in the Big 12 South with Tech.  Baylor is closing fast, Capel is recruiting well, and neither Texas or A&M are going anywhere anytime soon.

CalHog

Quote from: stchane on March 30, 2007, 03:42:27 pm

Perhaps your buddy wasn't as good as he thought he was?

CalHog

I thought I had heard Sean had to let some players go from OSU for some kind of disciplinary reasons and he was only like 7 players deep this last year.